TGIF and the good time for a spring break game

Forum / Everything about iStripper

Corbomite
Joined in Aug 2015

82 post(s)
March 8, 2019
BTW, I think it's bs that you can't even preview exclusive cards.

Actually, you can preview this card. Just search for Ginebra in the Girls Store and you'll find it. It looks great, which is probably why Totem decided to use it as an exclusive card.

FYI, I don't mind Totem using exclusive cards to incentivize purchases, but the Scratch Card promotion makes me feel bad for those who are pre-disposed to gambling and impulsive buys. Fortunately, I was very unfortunate during the last Scratch Card offer. (100 credits only got me 3 cards I really didn't care for. 😖 I could have just bought 5 cards from my wishlist at regular price.) That experience will keep me from playing this promotion again today or in the future.

Of course, this offer is probably more for new users with few cards. They have a much better chance of getting cards they like (since they haven't cherry-picked all of their favorites yet) and a card for 10 credits is a much better bargain compared to the full price at their level.
Dfner
Joined in Feb 2018

607 post(s)
March 8, 2019
I must be the most unlucky player in this scratch game... lol.

I have landed 42 times (yes, forty-two times on the Special card in this game and have not yet won it)... I mean, how small have the odds been squeezed for one to actually win it??!!

I'm 240 credits on the minus side at this moment (I started with 5.000+ credits, so not a disaster, but it will become a very expensive card if I even get it). I will scratch a few more and still if not successful, then screw it.

This is ridiculous.

BJlover
Joined in Apr 2014

231 post(s)
March 8, 2019
... it seems to me a strange thing...

If the Ginebra Bellucci (Flash Flood) f440 card is a "Special Event" one, why it's listed in the "Girls Store"?...
... and, if there are only 4 cards of this type, why the 3 others are not listed in the store?...
... and, finally, if this card is not intended for sale, why there is the invitation to buy it (and the price is not specified)?...

I am willing to buy, but not to risk... Not for me!
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Hi Kaiju allow me to tell you why I think this was a hack response

We have always wanted to do "exclusive / rare" shows. They do exist now and we believe they are a real added value to our content.

Thats great but a majority of your consumer base doesn't and most are willing to tolerate it to a point. But I would like a better understanding how this adds value to your content because the way I and many other sees it, it is very unneccessary. Fact that it is here to stay despite the general dislike for them is bullshit to say the least

No, these games are not illegal. We are a serious company and we have inquired with our lawyers.

I don't think any of us said this was illegal, just explotive and trying to squeeze more from the consumer base. But thank you for clearing a point that wasn't really brought up except maybe by one or two posts that I may have overlooked

emember that our games of chance are not here to "squeeze" you like I read on this thread but to make discounts and promotions more playful.

I don't have a problem with these games, I have a problem with having an exclusive card tied to them and having that exclusive card so difficult to get. Again I paid a net amount of 250 credits, that plenty of winnings of 10s, 50s, and even one 100 credit wins, to get this card thinking to myself sure why not. I left with 18 cards that I DO NOT WANT. Spending 250 credits to get 18 cards I do not want and seeing around 10 of that "Special Event Card" conviently telling me that I lost really makes this system rigged. That is not fun, no one I think can call that fun, why in the HELL would you assume that would be fun? Doing it a handful of times just to see what I can get would be fun, losing out on that many credits to get that many "Close but no cigars" is not fun. Again that is bullshit.

I understand that some of you don't like games of chance, In this case, I just ask you to be respectful for those who like them and wait for the next promotion. Please keep in mind that we have many members who are very happy to benefit from these promotions cause they don't have the permanent discount you have.

I am gonna ask YOU not to do this again, and maybe WE will be respectful. Context is key, nuance is key, understand its not the game itself its the fact you decided to attach an exlusive to it. Your willing ignorance not to see two whole pages slamming this shows how out of touch towards the consumer base you are. Give me my 250 back and take all 18 cards I didnt want back and I will happinly wait for the next promotion, until then I am gonna tell everyone here how much crap this game is
spacedragon64
Joined in Apr 2008

119 post(s)
March 8, 2019 (edited)
A lottery scratch game to win an exclusive card we can't buy, not the best idea from Totem...unless you want to upset your consumer, and collector fans.

I think that you will see lots of *****, in this topic. I dislike gambling, specially in video games (loot box and alike), and now Totem do the same. This time, an exclusive card offer, with the only way to win is...a gambling games, that cost 10 credit a shot. It's much more agressive than the other gambling game you have made.

This week, i receive an email from iStripper, saying how much consumers love them.
I am one of them, giving IStripper a perfect rating there.
Maybe i should add to my review, that iStripper push now gambling games to win cards, even exclusive one you can't buy.

I hope Totem will realise they push too far their new way of thinking to gain money, this time. There should always be a way to buy an exclusive card, and not by gambling.
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1025 post(s)
March 8, 2019
I won't participate. The only meaningful reward from my perspective are the Special Event cards and they are of uncertain value since I can't see a preview. Not knowing the probability of winning one and guessing that it is low makes me believe that the cost would exceed the value.
Khan91
Joined in Aug 2016

118 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Please keep in mind that we have many members who are very happy to benefit from these promotions cause they don't have the permanent discount you have.

No one's stopping you from offering discounts on otherwise attainable cards. Sure, a scratch card can offer a discount to a customer, but that card should also be buyable for full price by other people who don't want to gamble or fill their collection up with 20 useless cards just for a chance to win the card they want. Attaching an otherwise unattaibable card to a game of chance reeks of being a rip off.
Khan91
Joined in Aug 2016

118 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Hi Kaiju allow me to tell you why I think this was a hack response

We have always wanted to do "exclusive / rare" shows. They do exist now and we believe they are a real added value to our content.
Thats great but a majority of your consumer base doesn't and most are willing to tolerate it to a point. But I would like a better understanding how this adds value to your content because the way I and many other sees it, it is very unneccessary. Fact that it is here to stay despite the general dislike for them is bullshit to say the least

No, these games are not illegal. We are a serious company and we have inquired with our lawyers.
I don't think any of us said this was illegal, just explotive and trying to squeeze more from the consumer base. But thank you for clearing a point that wasn't really brought up except maybe by one or two posts that I may have overlooked

emember that our games of chance are not here to "squeeze" you like I read on this thread but to make discounts and promotions more playful.
I don't have a problem with these games, I have a problem with having an exclusive card tied to them and having that exclusive card so difficult to get. Again I paid a net amount of 250 credits, that plenty of winnings of 10s, 50s, and even one 100 credit wins, to get this card thinking to myself sure why not. I left with 18 cards that I DO NOT WANT. Spending 250 credits to get 18 cards I do not want and seeing around 10 of that "Special Event Card" conviently telling me that I lost really makes this system rigged. That is not fun, no one I think can call that fun, why in the HELL would you assume that would be fun? Doing it a handful of times just to see what I can get would be fun, losing out on that many credits to get that many "Close but no cigars" is not fun. Again that is bullshit.

I understand that some of you don't like games of chance, In this case, I just ask you to be respectful for those who like them and wait for the next promotion. Please keep in mind that we have many members who are very happy to benefit from these promotions cause they don't have the permanent discount you have.
I am gonna ask YOU not to do this again, and maybe WE will be respectful. Context is key, nuance is key, understand its not the game itself its the fact you decided to attach an exlusive to it. Your willing ignorance not to see two whole pages slamming this shows how out of touch towards the consumer base you are. Give me my 250 back and take all 18 cards I didnt want back and I will happinly wait for the next promotion, until then I am gonna tell everyone here how much crap this game is

PREACH!
Ullubu
Joined in Dec 2011

729 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Even though I have the three other exclusive cards, I ***** the the fact that there are exclusive cards at all.
And the scratch game is the worst game of all.
12raven666
Joined in Mar 2009

6 post(s)
March 8, 2019
I tried 170 credits gone no exclusive for me hope the rest of you have better luck
Corbomite
Joined in Aug 2015

82 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Remember that our games of chance are not here to "squeeze" you like I read on this thread but to make discounts and promotions more playful.

I don't think Totem gets enough credit for this. The responses to the TGIF promotions are sometimes more negative than positive, but I believe that's because people are more vocal when they are upset than when they are happy. I really appreciate Totem's efforts to keep the offers varied, fresh and interesting. Special kudos go to the people who implement the TGIF offers. The functional quality seems to keep getting better and the visual design is always great.

Although not all TGIF promotions appeal to me, enough of them do that I consistently look forward to Friday mornings. 😄
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
March 8, 2019 (edited)
@BJ:
The other 3 cards ARE there in the store. They have the same tag with the extra little star denoting Special Event cards.
If you click on Selection at the top left and the Special event cards in the store, you'll see all 4 cards there.

If you want to see the demos for all 4 of these cards, you need to roll back iStripper to an earlier version. I used version 1.2.198. (It's in Bugs & Fixes a few pages back). Just overwrite your latest version and when you're done, re-install 1.2.218. No need to un-install at any time, just overwrite them. The demos will still be on your drive but won't play anymore.

Oh, btw. They look like regular cards in earlier versions and you can click on the buy button. Don't bother, you'll just get a server error. 😕
lukaszr
Joined in Dec 2007

719 post(s)
March 8, 2019
To get the e0863 card (Niemira - Tis The Season) you had to buy the Advent Calendar in 2017.
To get the f0406 card (Alyssia Kent - Splurging) you had to buy several Booster Packs and collect 10 stars during the sale in November 2018.
To get the f0428 card (Olivia Sin - Happy New Year) you had to buy the Advent Calendar in 2018.

In each of these situations, we knew how many credits should be spent to get an exclusive card, but we didn't know what card will be the exclusive one. In this case, we face the opposite: we know the exclusive card, but we don't know how many credits we will have to spend.

What's more, the current exclusive card has never been available anywhere before.

Reffering to this sentence:
@kaiju: (...) Moreover, even if "special event cards" appear in games of chance, you can also get them on promos that don't depend on chance, like black Friday, pre orders etc.

Is there (or will there be) another way to become an owner of the f0440 card (Ginebra Bellucci - Flash Flood) ?

BTW: I admit that I am one of those people who wanted to buy this card when it will be available in the store. Well, I will live without it, because I'm not going to spend hundreds of credits instead of standard 13.75.
BJlover
Joined in Apr 2014

231 post(s)
March 8, 2019
@BJ:
The other 3 cards ARE there in the store. They have the same tag with the extra little star denoting Special Event cards.
If you click on Selection at the top left and the Special event cards in the store, you'll see all 4 cards there.

If you want to see the demos for all 4 of these cards, you need to roll back iStripper to an earlier version. I used version 1.2.198. (It's in Bugs & Fixes a few pages back). Just overwrite your latest version and when you're done, re-install 1.2.218. No need to un-install at any time, just overwrite them. The demos will still be on your drive but won't play anymore.

Oh, btw. They look like regular cards in earlier versions and you can click on the buy button. Don't bother, you'll just get a server error. 😕

Thanks, Hombre!
Now it's all clear.
Have a nice day!

:)
Marven
Joined in Sep 2017

35 post(s)
March 8, 2019
I've enjoyed playing, it took some tries but I got the special event card after, my credits fluctuated quite a bit but in the end I spend about 100 or 120 credits I believe to get the special event card and 10 other cards. Quite nice, I enjoyed this one a bit more then the goose game, but nice to see some variation in the promotions,

Thanks Totem!

Have a good weekend all!
lukaszr
Joined in Dec 2007

719 post(s)
March 8, 2019
If you want to see the demos for all 4 of these cards, you need to roll back iStripper to an earlier version. Just overwrite your latest version and when you're done, re-install 1.2.218.

Or you can do something like this:
  • roll back to the older version (i.e. 1.2.198),
  • make a copy of the "bin" folder or rename it (for example to "bin_1.2.198"),
  • install the newest varsion again.

You will have two versions of iStripper. You can make a shortcut to both versions on your dekstop and run different version whenever you want. Sometimes I'm using the older vesion (1.2.182), because I like the old "preview push" system. It gives me only 12% discount, but I'm sure that the discount will not end when I focuse on something different 😉
stevenshm
Joined in Dec 2007

59 post(s)
March 8, 2019 (edited)
If no one takes part then these ideas would soon cease!
I have taken part in all the only one time never to be repeated offer special cards
only to find there is another special offer to get them!
which is fine but just be honest to begin with
we are all here to get cards we like and pay good money for it
BJlover
Joined in Apr 2014

231 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Or you can do something like this: roll back to the older version (i.e. 1.2.198), make a copy of the "bin" folder or rename it (for example to "bin_1.2.198"), install the newest varsion again.
You will have two versions of iStripper. You can make a shortcut to both versions on your dekstop and run different version whenever you want. Sometimes I'm using the older vesion (1.2.182), because I like the old "preview push" system. It gives me only 12% discount, but I'm sure that the discount will not end when I focuse on something different 😉

Thank you, lukaszr!
Sabahnur
Joined in May 2012

33 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Highlighting this sentence from @kaiju:

(...) Moreover, even if "special event cards" appear in games of chance, you can also get them on promos that don't depend on chance, like black Friday, pre orders etc.

To date that has not been the case as I have inquired brfore about this very same subject. And yes I am a collector.

I feel this particular game is not for a member like me, however, attaching an exclusive card to a game like this.

Is it really that surprising to get such negative responses in reference to this game?
Really?

If there was an opportunity to get the Alyssia Kent card after Black Friday in 2018, I would have it already. I call bullshit on the statement.

As for the scratch game( in my view as a collector, Sux A@@ and swallows!), sorry. Not attempting to be crass, just wanting to convey the full measure of my discontent with the way in which exclusive cards are trending at this point.
goodwolf
Joined in May 2011

234 post(s)
March 8, 2019
I would like to see an authentic poll on this subject.
Do we really like exclusive cards ?
yes
no
let's see the true results, the final opinion of the active customers.
No more choice, a clean yes or no !
MakeISgreatagain
Joined in Sep 2017

19 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Geez, even the quote function doesnt't work properly...

"No, these games are not illegal. We are a serious company and we have inquired with our lawyers.

I don't think any of us said this was illegal, just explotive and trying to squeeze more from the consumer base. But thank you for clearing a point that wasn't really brought up except maybe by one or two posts that I may have overlooked."

I am the one that said it. And I say it again. Each game of luck that asks money to be played and is based on people's hopes of gaining randomly something in return is forbidden in France, even if the price is not money, except with a State's licence or prefecture's authorization for a small tombola. Only free random games are authorized without it. And there's even no mention of conditions of winning neither warning about addiction. They can invoke their lawyers, I don't buy it.
2scompanyinjax
Joined in Nov 2008

130 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Not a good game. Just spent 40 credits to win a card I've never wanted. At least you should have let us pick the card. That was the most expensive card I've ever bought. Not getting any more of my credits here and I don't suggest anyone else waist their credits either.
aloha
Joined in Jun 2010

93 post(s)
March 8, 2019
This game is the reason why I decided not to buy credits anymore
Dfner
Joined in Feb 2018

607 post(s)
March 8, 2019 (edited)
I must be the most unlucky player in this scratch game... lol.I have landed 42 times (yes, forty-two times on the Special card in this game and have not yet won it)... I mean, how small have the odds been squeezed for one to actually win it??!!

Make that 75 (Seventy-five) times landing on Special event card without winning it. What are the odds???

After that I finally, FINALLY, won the card.
I bought scratch cards for 8020 credits and won back 7660, so this card cost me a whopping 360 credits (+ probable tenosynovitis on my mouse hand...)

I just started the card, I ***** h*ll hope it was worth all that.
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Geez, even the quote function doesnt't work properly...

You must be referring to the "Easy Quote" button over on the right of each post which I've tried to convince them to remove for several reasons. It does work but it pretty much puts everything in one paragraph. If you want it as it's written, seems you'll have to copy/paste the post in the text box, highlight the text and then click the quote icon that almost resembles two thumbs up at the bottom of the text box.
MakeISgreatagain
Joined in Sep 2017

19 post(s)
March 8, 2019
It was indeed the problem. As I tried to quote a long text and the sentences of each quote weren't even spaced by a line, I got *****. Thank you for your answer.
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
March 8, 2019
You're welcome. Glad I could help.
zebrazuk
Joined in Dec 2007

292 post(s)
March 8, 2019
I'll make my statement to each of Kaiju's points directly as he's the only team member to respond.

I have no issue with "exclusive" shows but to call a digitally produced item rare is ridiculous. As for the added value, how so? Basicaly every one has produced upset customers.

The legal issue of games of chance I don't know enough to comment on that other than I know it's illegal in some places.

Now in what way does this particular game make discounts more fun? By the sounds of it and based on my past experience on iS it makes it more frustrating. So did the last one when I did the math and based on the odds realized it was cheaper for me to wait and buy the card as in that case I could. This time I don't have the option to just buy it.

Lets be honest here, the increase in "games of chance" on iS has been blatant and I suspect for obvious reasons. My complaint in this instance isn't that I don't like games of chance but that it's so heavily slanted towards not winning that it's obcene and it's literally the ONLY WAY I can get a card that I've been hoping for from Ginebra.I gather from the last sentence in your 4th point my "permanent discount" means I should stop *****?

By coincidence I am down to my last 57 credits from the last buy discount. I am going to try my last 50 to get this special and that will be it. I will not buy anymore credits until I see a change in attitude by Totem towards customers like me that have loyally bought every show for the last 10+ years.
Xender56
Joined in Oct 2008

22 post(s)
March 8, 2019
if everyone boycotted these games of chance, then believe me "totem" will stop this gigantic scam.
I already do, I do not even try 10 credits. and following these famous special cards, finished the comments .... more participation. nothing.
what nonsense of filming that will benefit 100 users out of 2 million, ahahah.
Your special cards, I do not care.
Keep them.
I will leave a comment on trustpilot about these games of chance, a good advertisement is always appreciable 😉.
Again, take out 3 billion special cards. you will not have anything with me on this scam. no matter what your cards are.
P.S: Thank you for ruining the collections of all your users 👍😂
zebrazuk
Joined in Dec 2007

292 post(s)
March 8, 2019
In case anybodys tracking the "cost" I just spent my last 50 credits, won 10 twice, used them as well won nothing. 70 credits and no card, yeah that seems right. Nice of you to put the Buy Credits button right there though I won't be using it anytime soon.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !