TGIF and the good time for a spring break game

Forum / Everything about iStripper

RAGORN
Joined in Dec 2007

208 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Basically, you're offering me the "chance" to blindly buy a lot of cards in which I have no interest in the sole hope of getting (if I'm very lucky) a card that really interests me?

You can add my voice to all of those who have already expressed their displeasure. I'll just pass on this new Ginebra Bellucci's card. Since it's exclusive, you can keep it for yourself.
ssjain
Joined in Dec 2007

226 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Totem, what cards are actually available. In past there was a no card less then 45 day rule in place.
2manychoices
Joined in Jun 2009

39 post(s)
March 8, 2019
I've never seen such outrage at Totem before, and I've been here for quite awhile. Since a moderator hasn't explained their position yet; I think they think this will blow over in time. Hope Totem listens this time. All we want is a fair game, Is that too much to ask?
LordMacLellan
Joined in Aug 2015

1 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Yeah, no. Not gonna happen.
CrackCrazy
Joined in Jun 2010

47 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Just stop with the games. I think it is disrespectful to your customers to try and squeeze them like this.
guvato
Joined in Jun 2008

33 post(s)
March 8, 2019
I wasn't happy, but I dipped my toe into the pool anyway. I got a handfull of cards that I didn't want before finally landing on the special card.
I ***** exclusive cards, but I just gave away too many credits to get it. I guess I'm just a sucker too eager to part with his money. This teaches me to be far more careful with my future purchases.

I don't mind the idea of little games like matching or last week's board game, or even scratch offs, but I'd like to know what the prize is before scratching. Like, if I dont want the prize, we get an opportunity for a re-roll or something. The game events should be fun, not frustrating.
arcanej
Joined in Sep 2008

4 post(s)
March 8, 2019
So they brought back one of the worst and ill-received promotions in history. This game was a terrible idea the first time around.
Khan91
Joined in Aug 2016

118 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Wow, what a rip off. I've been looking forward to this particular card of Ginebra's for a few weeks now, only to find out that it's just another exclusive, lmao. Why don't you guys go ahead and just price the card at 1000 Credits, at least that way we'd know for certain that spending that many credits will actually get us the card, instead of just a 'chance' to win it. As I read in the thread above, someone spent 900 credits and didn't even win 1 special card.

Really considering not buying any credits anymore if Totem will continue to lock cards behind these ridiculous scams. Smh.
elfine
Joined in Jul 2017

81 post(s)
March 8, 2019
AS A COLLECTOR I AM TOTALLY AGAINST THAT.

It's different from getting the other special card where (generally) you have to pay for a serie of cards and gain a Special Event card at the end of the event (like the Event Calendar). Those events are announced in advance so it's up to you to do the event or not but you can at least get the card (and if you miss it for any reason, well it was your own fault).

With this kind of game (Scratch and Win), it's totally luck, you could play 1 million time and never been able to get the card.

Even worse, it ***** us to gamble and waste credits for something we can not get.

I'm not afraid to sprend credits to buy the cards I want, I'm not always waitting a discount offer (I've played to get Kay J/Victorian Secret in advance) but I can't aford to get 2000 or 5000+ credits (in a month) to try my luck for a single card I may never get. I'm missing only 7 cards from this week including Ginebra Bellucci / Flash Flood.

Anyway I will try, and I will publish the results so everyone can get an idea of what's going and what they can expect.

And Yes, I'm very upset about this because i's the worst thing Totem could have made for his faithful customers.

I would rather stop contributing and continue to collect cards rather than waste time and money for something unfair and impossible.
R2D34ever2
Joined in Dec 2007

347 post(s)
March 8, 2019
20 credits for 10 credits and a 720P card ... last game I play..
TallandSlimMan
Joined in Apr 2008

452 post(s)
March 8, 2019 (edited)
Pass! Not chasing the "special" card.
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Honestly I have half a mind to suggest we all demand refunds through the customer service tickets and an outright demand to release this card properly, but I dont want to ***** that system because they have been good with dealing with other issues. I can only sit back and hope that they see this, the mods bring it up to them, and an understanding is reached that this is not ok. Still waiting on their die hard fans to come defend this like they always do though
hotwolf69
Joined in Jan 2008

6 post(s)
March 8, 2019
I'm glad I didn't sink any credit in that event, given the tales being told here of low odds (some jurisdictions impose displaying the odds for game of chance, I guess not where totem does business).

I don't like paying without knowing what I will get in general, so Totem's recent trend of "events" has me slowing way down my purchase of cards, coupled with the unreliable discounts of the new preview system.
I have been using this site for near a decade (I think) and have a respectable curated collection of over 2.5K cards, so I'm not interested in random cards of models that may not do it for me, not interested in chance games, I don't feel the need to shore up my collection for the sake of it.
I have enough cards to entertain myself while waiting patiently for a proper opportunity, all this does is make me spend less, save my credits instead of spending and recharging and skip some cards of otherwise favorite models.

I don't know what motivates the recent trends of offers (One can assume finances), but this and other threads clearly show that its alienating a portion of the community, notably old and loyal customers.
Khan91
Joined in Aug 2016

118 post(s)
March 8, 2019 (edited)
I don't know what motivates the recent trends of offers (One can assume finances)

I am pretty sure the card would rake in more money with normal purchases had it been released as a normal card as opposed to just being an exclusive, because I don't imagine a lot of people sink their credits into games of chance.

but this and other threads clearly show that its alienating a portion of the community, notably old and loyal customers.
This!
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
March 8, 2019
It's different from getting the other special card where (generally) you have to pay for a serie of cards and gain a Special Event card at the end of the event (like the Event Calendar). Those events are announced in advance so it's up to you to do the event or not but you can at least get the card (and if you miss it for any reason, well it was your own fault).

With this kind of game (Scratch and Win), it's totally luck, you could play 1 million time and never been able to get the card.

Even worse, it ***** us to gamble and waste credits for something we can not get.
I totally disliked also the first 3 exclusive card promos, but yes, today it's even worse.
TallandSlimMan
Joined in Apr 2008

452 post(s)
March 8, 2019
I'm glad I didn't sink any credit in that event, given the tales being told here of low odds (some jurisdictions impose displaying the odds for game of chance, I guess not where totem does business).

I don't like paying without knowing what I will get in general, so Totem's recent trend of "events" has me slowing way down my purchase of cards, coupled with the unreliable discounts of the new preview system.
I have been using this site for near a decade (I think) and have a respectable curated collection of over 2.5K cards, so I'm not interested in random cards of models that may not do it for me, not interested in chance games, I don't feel the need to shore up my collection for the sake of it.
I have enough cards to entertain myself while waiting patiently for a proper opportunity, all this does is make me spend less, save my credits instead of spending and recharging and skip some cards of otherwise favorite models.

I don't know what motivates the recent trends of offers (One can assume finances), but this and other threads clearly show that its alienating a portion of the community, notably old and loyal customers.

@hotwolf69

My thoughts exactly!

When Totem offered that bonus credit offer (for 100 dollars or 100 euros) for the first time last year, I didn't really need any credits. I justified a purchase by telling myself it was a great deal, and that (for the first time in ten years) I would not purchase additional credits in the next calendar year (2019). I have around 2500 cards to entertain me, and will be patient and selective in spending the credits I have before reloading next year or sometime after that.
Sabahnur
Joined in May 2012

33 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Bt the way. What id the deal with Ginebra's ''Make a Wish'' card? Will this card make it to release?
MakeISgreatagain
Joined in Sep 2017

19 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Well I am extremely unhappy that there is no way that you can be certain of getting the Ginebra Belluci exclusive card.

In theory you could spend thousands of credits on scratch cards and not win it.
Therefore I shall have to give serious consideration to just using up my current credit balance purchasing other cards and not topping it up meaning that when it reaches Zero Totem have lost a customer.

This is exactly what I do since the Black Friday screwjob. No more money for Totem from me. I've still 300 credits to use, and after that I'm out.

Totem is french, and in France this game is illegal, like a lot of their other games. You have to have a license for gambling games, and I doubt Totem has it. And even if it were the case, the law asks them to display a lot of legal information about this, and they don't. And I don't even talk about all the false information in cards' information sheets that are in contradiction with law too. Totem is playing with fire.
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
March 8, 2019
I am pretty sure the card would rake in more money with normal purchases had it been released as a normal card as opposed to just being an exclusive, because I don't imagine a lot of people sink their credits into games of chance.
We can not be sure of that, but we can be almost sure that:
1. Many people who spent a lot of credits on the former scratch card promo won't try it again now;
2. Making buyable such a card as Ginebra Bellucci wearing a sexy red bikini, pouring oil on herself and also cleaning the screen pane, would have got both lots of sellings and of happy customers.
3. Everytime anything exclusive was released, it got lots of problems and upset people, instead.
Master6669
Joined in Mar 2013

13 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Pass
Number6
Joined in Oct 2010

1098 post(s)
March 8, 2019
I must admit I don't think this is one of Totem's best ideas - relying on luck to get a special event card rather than a set objective is somewhat unffair especially for this of us that have full or nearly full collections.

Having said that I can't normally partake in the TGIF offers so I gave it a couple of goes just for the novelty.
http://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/41520/1?post=611878
You are not allowed to see this topic or access data relative to this topic
cdub87
Joined in Apr 2008

397 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Wow, I must have just been lucky. I thought the odds in this game were wayyyyyy better than the others. I put down 100 credits and was able to game off of that for several trys. A special card finally and 10's and 50's credits alot too.
Master6669
Joined in Mar 2013

13 post(s)
March 8, 2019
BTW, I think it's bs that you can't even preview exclusive cards.
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
March 8, 2019 (edited)
It's looking like Totem is taking another oppurtunity to piss off a portion of it's iStripper fan base. I am not playing this scratch game. I have enough credits on hand from before I stopped buying them to get me to triple diamond status. I only buy cards at full price for my level, have never seen a discount.

Okay, I stopped buying credits when Totem put the exclusive cards in the store, and then laughed at the people trying to buy those cards. If you can't buy them, then there is no reason to have them visible in the store. The most recent scratch gambling games also seem to be irritating enough members to make them write that they will no longer support Totem by buying credits.

Just remember for every complaint and unhappy customer you see, there are maybe ten that you don't see. Not very promising in my view.

All of this seems to fit in with a melodramitic conspiracy theory that I wrote and posted here several months ago when unbuyable cards were placed in the store.

Now back to reality. Those people threatening to quit buying credits - it won't make a difference to the company if you buy credits or not. As the above quote reads, for every vocal complainer there are ten complainers who keep quiet. Now for those 11 people, there are probably a thousand who will continue buying because they are so ***** to iStripper and maybe even believe or think that Totem can do no wrong.

Losing that 1% of customers will not seriously affect Totem.
Moritz89
Joined in Aug 2013

50 post(s)
March 8, 2019
So some will have to pay 20 credits for the exclusive card and others over a 100? Sounds really unfair to me, especially for a card which would have done really great in terms of sales otherwise I'm guessing. I'm not someone who likes to ***** often but I'm hoping totem will come with a different offer.
capella
Joined in Oct 2007

100 post(s)
March 8, 2019
C'est quoi cete arnaque,

Premier jeu je gagne rien
2ième jeu, je gagne 50 crédit, mais il ont jamais été crédité !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3ième jeu je gagne une carte Ok

Ironman79
Joined in Dec 2010

437 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Ok quick question

If it has to be done this way there will be other "games" to play to win the Ginebra card right?

I'm not liking the odds of winning i don't want to lose a lot of credits.

I would love to have her card today but i think i'm going to pass on this game.
NomadDave
Joined in Jan 2009

5 post(s)
March 8, 2019
As others have already mentioned on the last time I played. I spent 100 credits give or take and won 10 3x.. I don't recall even getting a card on the last time out. One reason I am nearly out of credits already. Odds are forever in Totems favor...
goodwolf
Joined in May 2011

233 post(s)
March 8, 2019
no, thanks
I see it, I like it, I want it,
but stop it :)
kaiju
TEAM
Joined in Sep 2014

407 post(s)
March 8, 2019
I wouldn't answer every question here but let me just give you some thoughts about this promotion and hopefully, reassure the most angry of you.
  • We have always wanted to do "exclusive / rare" shows. They do exist now and we believe they are a real added value to our content.
  • No, these games are not illegal. We are a serious company and we have inquired with our lawyers.
  • Remember that our games of chance are not here to "squeeze" you like I read on this thread but to make discounts and promotions more playful.
  • I understand that some of you don't like games of chance, In this case, I just ask you to be respectful for those who like them and wait for the next promotion. Please keep in mind that we have many members who are very happy to benefit from these promotions cause they don't have the permanent discount you have.

Moreover, even if "special event cards" appear in games of chance, you can also get them on promos that don't depend on chance, like black Friday, pre orders etc.

Thank you and have a great week-end guys.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !