TGIF and the good time for a spring break game

Forum / Everything about iStripper

arise77
Joined in Mar 2008

196 post(s)
March 8, 2019
The scratch game is not a bad idea, the main problem is all the credits you waste to get an exclusive card. From what I read, most people are ***** about the cost of the scratch cards being too high and the fact you end up getting many cards you don't want.
I think it can be improved either by choosing cards from people's wishlists, or by doing something similar to the slot machine: 1 credit for a scratch card, winning 1 to 10 credits or something, and you get to choose if you wanna buy the card or not (at -10%, -20%, -30% for example).
This way more people would be willing to take part in it and still feel happy to have played, even if they didn't get the exclusive cards.
storm73
Joined in May 2012

6 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Well i usually don't bother with the promotions but I thought what the hell...I won my credits back twice and got the new card on my fourth try....Yay me lol.
therock242
Joined in Jul 2008

11 post(s)
March 8, 2019
I tried to play this game but have such a full collection.
It just said I have zero credits, , or shows to collect.
That is rediculous as I have a healthy credit balance.

It would not allow me to play the game for the Genina Belluchi card or respond at all.
I have no idea if I was charged for my attempt.
I feel slightly lucky that it has not cost me loads of creds to get what is unachievable.

After looking at all the previous comments on this thread,
Totem. You seem to have a lot of upset customers, who have supported you for the last 11 years or more!
I will wait for this card to re-appear, hopefully, in a future offer, for those of us who have given you so much support over the years!

I am sure we all reaaly appreciate what you do for us, sometimes comments are needed though.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
March 8, 2019 (edited)
@therock242 - at first I thought I had the same problem, but I was wrong. Try scratching at the circles on the card and then clicking on it. Even though I had a full collection I was able to play - in the end I payed about 100 credits, won 130 and the special card so I ended up with more credits than when I started and got the card as well,
therock242
Joined in Jul 2008

11 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Ok I was wrong and I had another look at it.
I won one card, and was reimburst for each of my attempts and won an extra 100 creds.
I might continue twice I lost the gamble and got nothing.
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 post(s)
March 8, 2019
I would like to see an authentic poll on this subject.
Do we really like exclusive cards ?
yes
no
let's see the true results, the final opinion of the active customers.
No more choice, a clean yes or no !

I am 100% behind this idea, put your money where your mouth is
Dfner
Joined in Feb 2018

607 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Ok, after having watched the "special event" card by Ginebra Bellucci... it's a pleasant enough XXX card by Ginebra, but I can't find one single thing why this is a "special event" card (unless a glass scene counts as such). Good performance all in all, but nothing one wouldn't expect from any regular XXX-card. Just letting you know that if you don't win this card ( or don't even bother to try and win it ) you won't miss anything "special".

Typical XXX-card with an attractive model, sure, but nothing "special" about it unless you consider a washing glass scene being as such.
storm73
Joined in May 2012

6 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Yes why not...They make the games more interesting.I don't buy the xmas calenders as I don't want to buy 12 cards that i don't want,but others do so fair play to them...I think if they become available in games of chance then it's your choice if you want to gamble on a small chance of getting them.I still hope to win Niemira but I know the chances are not good so I don't throw hundreds of credits away chasing after it.
What i would say though is that people with complete collections should be made a special case...They have no discounted cards to win so they should be allowed to buy any special card on release as a reward for being such important members.
darn5
Joined in Apr 2009

35 post(s)
March 8, 2019
HEY TOTEM!
IF YOU WANT TO SELL CARDS, MAKE GOOD ONES!
FIX THE CRAPTASTIC GRAPHICS AND PRODUCE SOME CONTENT, DO SOMETHING RIGHT FOR ONCE.

Why do i even care -.-
Kanox
Joined in Apr 2010

3 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Worst event ever. Got from scratch game 2x 100 credits and 1x Special card... but it wasn't added to my account :/
Never gonna waste credits on that one again...
supermouse
Joined in Oct 2008

14 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Just reading all these posts. One more member who is NOT going to waste even 10 credits on this gamble.
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1027 post(s)
March 8, 2019
@Supermouse,

For you this might be a good deal. With a small collection you are more likely to get cards you want and, since you pay a higher price per card, you are more likely to get those cards at an average price lower than you normally pay.

See:
https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/41522/1#post611973
Everything about iStripper / Do we love the scratcher game?
I bought a few single plays and said "ok, I'm gonna drop 500 credits on this and see what happens." I opted to do it in batches of 10 plays so If I started getting wrecked, I could quit early. I ended...
For me, it's a different story. Most of the cards I don't own, I don't want and I normally pay just 13.75 per card.
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
March 8, 2019
I would like to see an authentic poll on this subject.
Do we really like exclusive cards ?
yes
no
let's see the true results, the final opinion of the active customers.
No more choice, a clean yes or no !
nicetry
Joined in Apr 2010

20 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Well i finely got event card and i'm a head on credits so i count this as a win win
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
March 8, 2019 (edited)
I respect and always respected the team, the models and other users; and I like this product, in which I spent a lot of money, really very much.
That said, in such a forum I have also the right to tell what I don't like.
And I don't like the exclusivity of some cards, and the ways to get them.
We all have seen, 12 hours after the starting of this promo, maybe 2 happy comments, some "we can live without exclusive cards" statements, and almost 4 full pages of negative feedbacks, from upset to very angry.
Something could be wrong about exclusive cards or about the unknown (and usually big) amount of credits necessary to get the new one, maybe? I think that we can have a discussion about that.
Are such offers good ways to help the company and to get happy customers? I personally doubt...
orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

740 post(s)
March 8, 2019
HEY TOTEM!
IF YOU WANT TO SELL CARDS, MAKE GOOD ONES!
FIX THE CRAPTASTIC GRAPHICS AND PRODUCE SOME CONTENT, DO SOMETHING RIGHT FOR ONCE.

Why do i even care -.-

If I was a collector I would be p.oed about these "games"...collectors have spent around $5000 dollars and are the main supporters of the product and now totem says..."to keep a full collection you need to spend a random amount of money. This a very shortsighted decision because collectors will eventually tire of jumping through the hoops and once their collection isn't full they will pull back to only buying the "good" cards based on personal preference. Why can't businesses just make a product worth selling, and sell it? The product isn't as good as it used to be but totem could certainly invest into better props, a more diverse lineup of girls from places other than eastern europe, different camera technology, dance lessons for the girls...
JonnBGood
Joined in Jul 2018

248 post(s)
March 8, 2019
***** it...here go my last 220 (already rolled 200..wish me luck...Sucker I am...
storm73
Joined in May 2012

6 post(s)
March 8, 2019
Yeah i don't really care where the girls come from if they look amazing...I do agree though about the outfits though..Kay j...Victorian secret was a great look and i hope it is a road they continue to go down..I love the girls to dress up and tease...Starting half undressed is not really stripping its just hey look at my boobs.Some girls do look off camera a lot so perhaps encourage them and point this out instead of pushing on and releasing it as a final cut.
JonnBGood
Joined in Jul 2018

248 post(s)
March 9, 2019
Result.. won 3 cards got 210 back.... here we go im going back in ill let ya know
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
March 9, 2019 (edited)
I have to say that about the content produced, instead, I am rather an happy customer. Sometimes a quite out ot focus shows is released, but usually the video quality is good for me. I am also much happy about the east Europe girls. I would just suggest to get more props and have more cards telling sorts of "stories", as a secretary typing but then sweating and stripping down because of hot summer, workout or yoga shows, shows of girls changing their clothes, reverse strip, showers, and so. The only thing I really dislike here are the exclusive cards.
JonnBGood
Joined in Jul 2018

248 post(s)
March 9, 2019 (edited)
End result 430 + previous 200 = 12 cards 1 special card Olivia Sin's New year.... sad part is ... I don't feel ripped now...maybe its the meds but ill probaly go back in and shoot for the moon wish me luck... again

SIDE NOTE: Totem can we please quit with Standing XXX clips and stick to table...they are just pointless and do nothing but break continuity
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
March 9, 2019
@orclover

dance lessons for the girls...
???

Sorry, you crack me up every once in a while and I actually enjoy that from time to time. The 'models' are in & out of there. They're in the studio for like two days. How could anyone possibly have time to give sufficient dance lessons ?

Rhetorical question, by the way.
Zossima
Joined in Feb 2008

173 post(s)
March 9, 2019
So here we go again with those "special event" cards... There's a French expression that goes along the lines of saying that you could ***** in a violin and obtain the exact same result. It looks like that marketing stunt is profitable enough that they can afford to purposefully ignore any complaint by any number of clients.

As for me, I have decided to ignore those special event cards and never to take part in any said special event offering any special event card. I wish there could be a feature that doesn't let those appear in the store (since they can't be bought, they shouldn't appear in the store), but hey, what can you do?
KatzPaw
Joined in Apr 2015

395 post(s)
March 9, 2019
Special Event Card -
Exclusivity by means of blindly throwing credits at scratch cards.

Really hitting below the belt for a *new* exclusive card. Sorry for my fellow members with gambling weaknesses -.-

The rest of the event is fine and fair, a decent return for random cards and credits.
littleEvilMe
Joined in Oct 2015

42 post(s)
March 9, 2019 (edited)
I think this deal is only good for people with small collections, for them it makes sense, even up to diamond status still probably worth it, but above that nope not at all.

I pretty much agree with each negative point that has already been raised here, price too high, chance of winning the special card card too low, not been able to choose your "free" card (if your lucky enough to get one) and then ending up with some card that you dont want and could have bought outright from the store for less credits, yeah thanks for that.

I dont actually have a problem with the scratch card game itself, if it was kept to just credits and normal free cards, its not for me but no problem, i am am happy to just sit it out and wait for the next one.

I think that if totem want to do an offer like this and bait it with a special event card, then there should be multiple ways of getting it, For example:-

If totem had said on say 1st or 2nd of march 19 that during this month there will be games of chance every week where you will be able to get a completely new exclusive card and also the other previous exclusive cards, (that were locked behind advent calenders and alike) will be avialable as well as part of the offers and that this is open to everyone. But at the same time they also did another offer something like if you pre-buy every show in march you get the new exclusive card for free (basically what they did in february but with an exclusive card thrown in. On the assumption that if you interested in that offer then you were probably interested in the previuos offers that did this and therefore will most likely already at least two of the other exclusive cards and only want the new one)

If totem had done that then at least there would have been a choice to be made by the consumer so you can decided whether you would rather ***** the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or just stump up the cash and buy in bulk. For me i choose the latter option but for others they won't for a whole variety or reasons and thats fine but at least they would have had a shot at the prize without having to commit to buying a huge wedge of cards unseen. Meanwhile the people who do like buying in bulk and have large collections as a result and don't benefit so much from the "game type offers" can basically just sit it out same in the knowlegde that they will get the special card.

When you think about it its quite funny, as over christmas all the non collector types all get triggered by the advent exclusive card, then today all the collectors getting triggered by the outrageous odds on getting the only thing they wanted from the offer i.e. the card. It seems there are two types of istripper users those who collect and those who don't and everytime totem pull out one of these cards one of those groups is gonna get angry!!
so it seems reasonable to try and cater to both groups in this way.

well anyway thats what i think,
for me the worst bit is that i am going to have to see that card in the store all the time untill i get another chance at it, that is going to annoy the hell out of me !!!!
d00bies
Joined in Dec 2018

59 post(s)
March 9, 2019
lol...
elfine
Joined in Jul 2017

81 post(s)
March 9, 2019
@Kaiju
Remember that our games of chance are not here to "squeeze" you like I read on this thread but to make discounts and promotions more playful.
I don't like that game but this is not why I was (We are ) *****. The problem come from the fact there is an exclusive card to gain on this game.

I understand that some of you don't like games of chance, In this case, I just ask you to be respectful for those who like them and wait for the next promotion. Please keep in mind that we have many members who are very happy to benefit from these promotions cause they don't have the permanent discount you have.
I don't think I was disrespectful for others, yes I have a permanent discount now and I've already said in another thread that I'm finding it fair enough and wasn't asking for a better one. I also remember when I haven't that discount and as far I remember I never ***** about the promotions (except they the were not working properly).

Moreover, even if "special event cards" appear in games of chance, you can also get them on promos that don't depend on chance, like black Friday, pre orders etc.
It's not exactly true.
We were able to get some "special event cards" from pre orders, but you can't get any past "special event cards" from pre orders.
We were able to win some "special event cards" from the promos "Black Friday" but as far I know the only concerned "special event cards" were from the Advent Calendar 2017/2018 and Alyssia Kent - Splurging from the sale in november.
Totem never clearly said that we would be able to get all the new upcoming exclusive cards from the next "Black Friday" or any other game.
Yauguds
Joined in Jul 2009

27 post(s)
March 9, 2019
Here are the possible gains :
1 Free card (randomly picked up from the cards you don't own yet)

Last time that was not true! should have been:
Randomly picked up from the cards you don't own yet and that are not part of the newest ~45 cards
orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

740 post(s)
March 9, 2019
@orclover

dance lessons for the girls...
???

Sorry, you crack me up every once in a while and I actually enjoy that from time to time. The 'models' are in & out of there. They're in the studio for like two days. How could anyone possibly have time to give sufficient dance lessons ?

Rhetorical question, by the way.

Dance lessons would be investment of time to improve the product. Totem has two choices:
1. Make more money with the current product...creative deals using gambling, which increases software partcipation.
2. Improve the product so more people spend full price for the cards.

Other entertainment industries tend to try to improve the quality and talent involved in the product, not use gambling games...oh, well...either totem will make a ton of money, and their decision was justified, or they will lose money and the exclusive promotions will stop. Win/Win
Chicsans
Happy birthday !!
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
March 9, 2019
I wouldn't answer every question here but let me just give you some thoughts about this promotion and hopefully, reassure the most angry of you.
We have always wanted to do "exclusive / rare" shows. They do exist now and we believe they are a real added value to our content. No, these games are not illegal. We are a serious company and we have inquired with our lawyers. Remember that our games of chance are not here to "squeeze" you like I read on this thread but to make discounts and promotions more playful. I understand that some of you don't like games of chance, In this case, I just ask you to be respectful for those who like them and wait for the next promotion. Please keep in mind that we have many members who are very happy to benefit from these promotions cause they don't have the permanent discount you have.
Moreover, even if "special event cards" appear in games of chance, you can also get them on promos that don't depend on chance, like black Friday, pre orders etc.

Thank you and have a great week-end guys.

Written like a true ‘Snake-oil Salesman’ would write.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !