The New Pricing - Say What?!

Forum / Wszystko o iStripper

shodan084

1658 post(y/ów)
October 3, 2014
If you were paid in euro's rather than pounds you'd feel 0.20% richer!

Try spending it though... ;)
HombreSinSombra

1249 post(y/ów)
October 3, 2014
A number of times, I have bought stuff online in US$ and when I got the bill on my debit card, it was converted to Euros at that day's current exchange rate. Whether I gained or lost anything from the true selling price in dollars didn't matter to me. I was happy with the price I paid for my purchase :)

Same goes here. I'm not about to start screaming that half the world gets a better deal than I get because of currency values. I am quite happy to pay for my cards in Euros, at the advertised price. I think it all comes down to what each individual is happy to pay for the stuff they get.

For example, my local bars charge 1.20 euros for a bottle of beer. I could go to Fuengirola and pay 1.50 for the same beer. Then I could go to Puerto Banus (Marbella) and pay 6 to 8 euros for that very same beer! The VALUE of something, to me is very subjective. Some guys here would pay full price for a card which I wouldn't want for free... And vice-versa.

So... That all means that if you want your cards and are happy with the price you pay currently, what's the big deal???
Wyldanimal

3762 post(y/ów)
October 3, 2014
by tripleDiamond vixen01 - 2 hour(s) ago
I'm from the UK and always paid in $s, the Euro is not our currency the Great British Pound is and that is what we earn our money in ;)
--------------------------

I meant to type EU ( European Nations )
but I typed UK instead..

And I did a quick web search and used a Teachers average salary for basis of the numbers..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/7372058.stm

Maybe 34,000 as a number is not a good comparison..

how about 12,000

if you earn 12,000€ and spend 12€ on an Item..
is the same as if you Earn $12,000 and spend $12 on an Item..
as is if you earn £12,000 pounds and spend £12 pounds on an Item..

that's all I was trying to point out...

Ricky78

275 post(y/ów)
October 4, 2014 (edited)
It could be a long debate about currency(rate exchanges), depends on which country you live.

I just want to say only this like I said some time ago.

In my country where I live(Romania),you can`t have a credit card in dollars(the banks don`t accept credit cards in dollars).You can have it in our national money or euro.You can have a bank account in dollars but not credit card in dollars.So,I`m ***** to pay every time in euro.

Every time when I pay with my credit card in euro(for every transaction that I do on internet), I loose money.The bank will do an exchange rate for me from our national money or dollars in euro to have euro on credit card(one time I loose).
I loose money too for every transaction that I do on internet(I pay a comission,a fee to the bank,because I use credit card)(second time).

You say(pay) one dollar for one card(people who live in USA)
You say(pay) one euro for one card(those who have national money euro,most of the countries from EU)
In UK, IF you have salary in pounds when you pay in euro is less one euro for one card.
For the others,who doesn`t have national money euro or dollars,all the time they will pay more than one euro for one card.

In case of me,one card costs me more than 1 euro.

Like I said, Totem isn`t the only one who pay fees and taxes.
You could be surprised how high are taxes in general in my country and especially in my town:) :}
That`s why I said I have other priorities now(than to buy cards) when Totem increased the price from my point of view( an ex subscription user).

It`s normal to be happy, @HombreSinSombra:),because you live in Spain and you have euro(you don`t need to exchange the money),lol.Well,if you paid in dollars,it means you had a better deal because euro is more powerfull than dollar.

Like I said,depends on the new price plan what they will offer me and after that I will think IF I will continue the deal with Totem:)

We are allready in October ,but too bad I won`t see the new changes and new prices:)

We shall see again in March-April 2015, my dear friends:)

Take care and good luck!
supernatedog

15 post(y/ów)
October 4, 2014
@Virt4B I honestly do not follow your post what is your point? That has nothing to do with a company and everything to do with the exchange practices / what currencies are supported by your country. I am not trolling I just don't understand why you brought it up.
Shevy

14 post(y/ów)
October 5, 2014
I live in Australia and I pay in $. When I recently bought 50 credits for $50 (EPOCH) I noticed it said "Today's charge is: $60.53 (Non-recurring)". However after paying that amount I went to my banking site for my credit card and it said I was charged $71.66? The current conversion rate for AU to USA is 1 - 0.87. It like its charging me twice as much? Strange?

Can anyone tell me why? Or am I missing something obvious? All other US sites I go to I only pay about $60 for a $US50 product?

P.S. There are no additional fees or taxes shown in my bank statement
Wyldanimal

3762 post(y/ów)
October 6, 2014
@Shevy

Totem established the price as $50 for 50 credits.
But the processing is handled by 3rd party processor..
In your Case you mention it was EPOCH

please contact EPOCH customer support and ask them why you were charged extra?
https://epoch.com/billingsupport

spiderman1804

439 post(y/ów)
October 6, 2014
@Shevy

The exchange rate was last Friday:

1 EUR = 1,4415 AUD (Australian Dollar)
1 AUD = 0,69372 EUR (Euro)

50 EUR = 72,08 AUD

It is thus possible that not has been calculated with the price in USD but in EUR.
France is located in the euro zone.
Cartref

520 post(y/ów)
October 6, 2014
Guys,

Please what you are talking about has absolutely NOTHING to do with Totem.

Totem set their pricing based upon currencies and how those currencies fluctuate and how the 3rd party biller chooses to price those currency translations is totally at the control of the 3rd party biller.

In Australia, software prices are almost always more expensive in AUD rather than USD.
Shevy

14 post(y/ów)
October 6, 2014
@Wyldanimal & Cartref

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and after talking to Epoch they said it may have been an error on their end and will fix asap.

@spiderman1804

I was thinking the same thing at first where it maybe EUR rates but still was not adding up? Thanks for your suggestion though :)

Cheers,
Shevy.

Rex
EKIPA

365 post(y/ów)
October 6, 2014
If you're located in Europe we have to collect and pay 20% VAT as we are an European company.
We could adjust the price in EUR to the USD price and then add 20% VAT at checkout, the result would be pretty much the same. We rather chose to keep the same price in USD and EUR and pay the VAT without adding it at checkout, because most European buy in EUR.
Virt4B

454 post(y/ów)
October 6, 2014
thanks Rex for the explanation

VAT

man, how we ***** it!

All europeans paying up to 20 % taxes on almost everything and all our governments are still deep in the red.
PenguinDreams

6 post(y/ów)
October 6, 2014
Ok this is totally off topic.....Damn I thought we Americans had the market cornered on bad government spending.
celine
EKIPA

1653 post(y/ów)
October 7, 2014
As announced by Rex 5 days ago, the new price points with the regular price before discount is online!
OnAMac

5 post(y/ów)
November 6, 2014
Where can I find the complete list of pricing options, discounts, etc? Where can I find the discount rules for new cards? I was able to get Lia's DB card for 1.56 but her VG card is 1.95. What is the base price for each category of card?
Dorsai6

1025 post(y/ów)
November 6, 2014
@OnAMac

see:
http://www.virtuagirl.com/forumPost.php?foId=6&ftId=28718
Nie masz uprawnień do przeglądania tego tematu
Also On A Mac

Have you loaded the Mac beta? I'm running it and its stable and a real improvement. See the thread in the Mac Bugs and Fixes section
OnAMac

5 post(y/ów)
November 8, 2014
Thanks Dorsai for the link to pricing.

I think it is the responsibility of Totem to put their pricing policies on an easily found web page on the site. No one should have to look through forum postings to find out what it is.

I have installed the beta on my iMac. I hesitate to try it on my Air as the current version causes my fans to run while the girls are performing. It is the only application that does that.

I will post my experience with the new version in the Bugs… section.

Thanks again,
Dorsai6

1025 post(y/ów)
November 8, 2014
Re: I think it is the responsibility of Totem to put their pricing policies on an easily found web page on the site. No one should have to look through forum postings to find out what it is.

I agree. Documentation in general is a problem with VG. There are too many hidden features that can only be found by asking on this forum. The Help tab on both this web site and the VG application should be rewritten and expanded. VG is not a video game where some of the fun is figuring out how it works.
bricks

3 post(y/ów)
November 9, 2014
The real annoying thing, at least to me, is that now we are stuck with decimal places that means we will almost always have unspent credit portions.
royalxlover

33 post(y/ów)
November 9, 2014
"bricks" is correct. So Totem should sell decimal credits!!!
Apasas

1051 post(y/ów)
November 9, 2014
I see no problem with the new pricing system. It seems reasonable and fair to me. It makes sense to give a bigger discount to me,bears with bigger collections.

Yes, I now pay a little more for some cards. But I still think the price is reasonable.

I also have no problem with decimals we can't use. This is no different from iTunes or Amazon card where I am often left with a few pence which I can't buy anything with. The same principle applies here.
Oquijan

1549 post(y/ów)
November 9, 2014
Well, unless you would never buy anything again, your "cents" will add to your next purchase, so what's the big deal about it?
shodan084

1658 post(y/ów)
November 10, 2014 (edited)
I've always walked out of a shop with change in my pocket. I try not to wail and shout about it! ;)

On the same premise, I can only get a set amount out of the ATM when I want money too...
MattBFreq3

618 post(y/ów)
November 10, 2014
What I don't get now is why decimal places are added to credits. For example on my carousel at the moment I am able to purchase one of Candy Blondes cards for 0.96 credits. Why not just make it 1 credit? Before I bought my last lot of credits I was left with 0.28 credits on my profile & I couldn't buy jack all with that! To me that is wasting my money if I cant use that 0.28 worth of credits up.

It seems barmy that we can buy a nice round figure of credits (say 20) then have to buy models that are worth 0.96 credits. We're all going to be left with miniscule amounts of credits rattling around like loose change and not being able to use them up.
Oquijan

1549 post(y/ów)
November 11, 2014
Do you realize you're saving then the .4 for that card, right? Eventually you will get enough for another card with those "cents". In your way: nothing.

That 0.28 is a discount remanent. That's like going to buy a cup cake and found that instead of a dollar it cost 96 cents, then you ***** that you can't buy anything with 4 cents. Indeed, but it is still money, eventually you'll get enough to buy another cup cake.

How a discount is wasting money?
ChaoticEvil

199 post(y/ów)
November 11, 2014 (edited)
This discount system is just more flexible and fair than previous carousel discount. Before it was a lottery and some ppl were more lucky than others bacause some got models they wanted some didnt.

At first I liked that carousel system but then realised it put some pressure on me because there were days when I got all old cards i didnt like and got to wait for the models i wanted. That resulted to some disappointed buys from me because, imagine, I have been waiting all week for a weekend to relax and get myself a present to watch a new pretty girl and BOOM .. no girls i like came to carousel .. so i buy an average girl for a discount, rated it 7 and got bad mood for a weekend and feel like loosing money and have some girls in my collection which i dont really like.

This system however is awesome. Totem just made a trap for themselves. Now they HAVE TO release VERY good cards otherwise whey will not have that many sales because we can wait tor the next week to get the girl we like. Also they have raised prices so ppl get more selective, so basically Totem BET they were gonna sell enough cards which meant they BET those cards were worth the price raise. They earned more of my respect for that.

As for decimals, @Oquijan is right about his cup cake example.

I still like my collection BUT if this system came earlier it would have been even better. And as VIP i feel that for me the cost of being Totem customer in comparison with the FUN VALUE i get, ACTUALLY at least stayed the SAME.

There are things that I still dont like and there are a lot of stuff which need improvement and work.

But as for the new price system it feels very FAIR and affordable.
LukeVaxhacker

6 post(y/ów)
November 11, 2014
I guess us Mac users are stuck with some odd pricing in the Carousel until we get our update (text says free, but when you buy, it asks for two credits):

Dorsai6

1025 post(y/ów)
November 11, 2014
@LukeVaxHacker,

Get the 1.2.0.47 beta. It's stable, has much of the new functionality, and the pricing works correctly.
Khaywolf

2 post(y/ów)
November 12, 2014
Not fair. I bought my credits based on the assumption that one credit would buy one card in the demo section. the credits i bought under that agreement should be homored under that agreement. Don't expect me to buy any more.

shodan084

1658 post(y/ów)
November 12, 2014
I just don't understand... you did not have an agreement with Totem for one credit for one card. Your agreement was that you brought your credits for a discount, it was on the 'buy credits' page. You then had the ability to buy off of the demo wheel for one credit, this was not an agreement. You have merely missed the opportunity to get cards for that discount.
Totem is a company, they need to price products to stay in business...

Brak spełnionych wymagań by wziąć udział w dyskusji.

Jako darmowy użytkownik programu iStripper, nie możesz odpisywać w tematach na forum ani tworzyć nowych tematów.
Masz jednak dostęp do podstawowych kategorii dzięki którym możesz pozostawać w kontakcie ze społecznością !