The New Pricing - Say What?!

Forum / Wszystko o iStripper

Ricky78

275 post(y/ów)
September 28, 2014 (edited)
Well,if they continue to release the cards in the same quality like now with poor light(not all but plenty of them),from my point of view it`s not worth it to me to pay not even 1 euro for one card(I speak for myself).

With subscriptions it was a different thing ,because I always bought when they appeared subscriptions with 4 cards per day or a 6 month subscription(the best deal they offered)

Anyway,from my point of view like a user with all collection and subscriptions(but I bought many times 50 credits in parallel,too),they increased the price allready by eliminating subscriptions.
SO,depends on how you see the things.For a buyer with credits,this isn`t changed too much,but for users with subscriptions there is sure an increased price allready:)

We shall see the new prices plan(depends on the status of each of us) and the quality of the cards in October like Rex announced.
FalconAF

149 post(y/ów)
September 28, 2014
"Poor light" can be a problem of display on the end-users computer and not a problem with the quality of the product produced.

I'm NOT saying that is necessarily the problem with your "poor light" issue, but I worked professionally in IT and customer service for over 35 years (I'm retired now) and many times a computer user's complaint about "bad display or graphics presentation" on a computer is due to the end-user not having their computer monitor/display configured correctly. Almost all modern computer monitors have menu settings/options available to adjust the monitor for different types of presentations, including things such as word processing vs viewing video(s), etc. There are also numerous presets the user can select from. And proper monitor calibration includes gamma, intensity, contrast, brightness, and numerous other settings for different viewing scenarios. There are professional calibration programs available for free to download from the Internet and use to calibrate a monitor.

I understand what you are saying about the lighting changes over time with the VG model cards, and I've "run into" that too with some of them. But on a properly calibrated monitor, it is not a "don't buy the product anymore" issue. With a modern monitor you can create a "preset" configuration for an individual program application you could change to with just a simple menu selection in the monitors settings menu. I have one created for VG when I watch VG. I have a different one for when I'm watching a movie or video on my computer. And a different one for "normal work" like browsing the Internet or using a word processing program.

It's a fact of life...most "average" home computer users don't use anywhere NEAR the available options on their computers/monitors systems that are available to them. It's like buying a new TV with all the bells and whistle settings on it, but just taking the TV out of the box and never setting it up correctly with all those available options the user could use.

No company, including Totem, could ever produce a "model card" that would "look right" on every monitor that is sold. Out of the box, monitors are set to different configurations from manufacturer to manufacturer. The end user has to get involved in using all those available settings if they want to get all the functionality of the monitor under different viewing conditions.
Ricky78

275 post(y/ów)
Believe me,It`s not my case @FalconAF.

I`m not an expert in IT like you,but simple things like to adjust my monitor or card graphic, to install or uninstall a program,to format a computer,etc I know.
My laptop and desktop are just fine.They are well configured.
I won`t adjust more light to my monitor just because Totem released some cards with poor light.
All cards should have the same quality.

Rex admitted too there were some issues with poor light in his post above.Read it,please.
91hebasu

1146 post(y/ów)
It's starting to get off topic but......

I'd like for you to share some more info about these "Professional Calibration Programs" which are available. I would think most members only use basic adjustments and use the same settings for all medias and work.

Having the ability to make more precise adjustments and have several presets for different types of media could be very helpful.

Perhaps open a thread for it ?
Wyldanimal

3785 post(y/ów)
Okay I think this will Solve all the Moans and complaints about the Crossed out Prices.
I have received several PM messages over this, and one stating they will report Totem to the OFT.

I am going to recommend that Totem do away with all the Discounts on Credits.
Totem will Charge a Flat rate of $2 per credit, no Matter what Quantity is Purchased.

So I will ask Totem to Change all the Prices.
50 credits will Cost $100
25 credits will Cost $50
10 credits will Cost $20
4 credits will Cost $8

After Totem has sold Enough Credits at these prices, to Satisfy the OFT, That these are the established prices.
Then Totem can re-Introduce Discounts again, if they want to, without worry that some member is going to report them for Unfair, Phony Sales or Marketing practices.

Now, I hope all the Members will Be Happy, about this.
You *****, and now you will have it your way..

No more Crossed out Prices.
You will pay the full $2 per Credit.

This sounds like the BEST choice for Totem to Make..

shodan084

1658 post(y/ów)
September 28, 2014
... a bit like buying a gun because you want to shoot yourself in the foot.
Hemingford

178 post(y/ów)
September 28, 2014
My respect to the Moderators of this forum. Your patience seems to be endless. This whole "discussion" is ridiculous. And it was silly and dumb right from the start. I'm sick of it. U know what?

@All of you who are not willing to pay money for the girls: Take it or leave it. I don't care. Just stop crying for God's sake. Don't wait for the new collection to come out in October. Just go and get a similar product somewhere else on the internet for less money. Good luck. Me, I'm done with this topic once and for all.
vixen01

83 post(y/ów)
September 28, 2014
Perhaps they should just change the 4 credits for $7 to 4 credits for $8, this then reflects the $2 per credit price tag again and then everybody can STFU ***** about a crossed out price tag, really
habsfan

66 post(y/ów)
September 28, 2014
I do not get it , if you can get 50 credits for $50.00 great. I for one have never looked at the crossed out price ,i only look at how much it will cost to restock credits.I have not bought in a while the newer lineup of gals do not seem as classy as say Emily Spenser & Melody Powers To name but 2.This is my opinion only & may be wrong.Looking forward to October & seeing what totem has planned for
us.
Rex
EKIPA

365 post(y/ów)
September 28, 2014
Woa, that's what I call feedback, thanks for sharing your opinions with us.

When we suspended the 1 credit for $2 offer, the base on which the discounts were based on, also disappeared.

We thought it would be easier to understand displaying what the price would be in theory without the discounts. Looking at the tone of your post, this is not how it has been perceived and you're right, discounts based on a option that does not exist anymore don't make sense.

I'll talk with the crew about it next week and we'll make changes.

Maybe we should just display prices and not mention discounts.

notdeadyet

143 post(y/ów)
September 28, 2014
Might be wise Rex.
Don't worry Most of us are quite happy with the prices (my problem is system space not cash )
HombreSinSombra

1249 post(y/ów)
September 29, 2014
Agreed! I have never been worried about the cost of the cards. How much does it cost to rent a DVD these days? Most people happily pay the price and that's just for a one or two time viewing. The cards are yours for life! Even at 2 dollars/euros per card, I think it's still a bargain! And yes, I have paid 2 euros for some of my cards. So any discounts we get in the future, for me, is a nice bonus :)
MrBeeKeeper

293 post(y/ów)
September 29, 2014 (edited)
Well, I won't buy any card just by its price, but the quality is a key factor for me. Performance and image - both of them. I stopped buying awhile ago, because of significant drop in images quality (Ricky mentioned this above as well - lighting issues!), which came with the newer cards (1300 and above, and still persists), plus almost full HDD.

So it doesn't matter, what the new prices are going to be (how low or high), if the card's image quality still limps on both legs - no investments from my side - even if it costs one cent per card };-)

Anyway, let's wait and see, how the new collection will look like ..
Wyldanimal

3785 post(y/ów)
September 29, 2014
by team Rex - 3 hour(s) ago
Woa, that's what I call feedback, thanks for sharing your opinions with us.

When we suspended the 1 credit for $2 offer, the base on which the discounts were based on, also disappeared.

We thought it would be easier to understand displaying what the price would be in theory without the discounts. Looking at the tone of your post, this is not how it has been perceived and you're right, discounts based on a option that does not exist anymore don't make sense.

I'll talk with the crew about it next week and we'll make changes.

Maybe we should just display prices and not mention discounts.

----------------------------------------------------

That might be a good Idea, but then we'll have members who will complian
If 50 credits only cost $50, why do 4 credits cost $7?

The Discouint Percentage was very logical to me.
maybe get rid of the crossed out value, and just leave the discounted percentage With a Star

50 credits for $50
(**50% discount )

**Discount based on the Single credit value of $2

paulanne1

16 post(y/ów)
September 29, 2014
I was wondering why they stopped updating models like they used to do,seems like after the change and got rid of the VIP and other things they don't do a lot with the site anymore,
Wahudarifi

33 post(y/ów)
September 30, 2014
RE Rex: Maybe we should just display prices and not mention discounts.
RE Wyldanimal: That might be a good Idea, but then we'll have members who will ***** If 50 credits only cost $50, why do 4 credits cost $7?

At Amazon, a 2-pack of 9 oz Plochman's Premium Mustard Natural Stone Ground costs $12.86 for a price of $6.43 per unit. http://www.amazon.com/Plochmans-Premium-Mustard-Natural-Ground/dp/B00CV258AC

The same mustard is also offered as a 12-pack for $38.21 for a price of $3.18 per unit. http://www.amazon.com/Plochmans-Natural-Ground-Mustard-9-Ounce/dp/B000KFSJ08

A very unscientific poll of six co-workers [three IT support, two IT developers, and one customer service] regarding "What is the prime factor for price per unit discrepancies for the following two items?" with choices of:
a: The 2-pack is made with magic beans and unicorn tears
b: Buy more units and the price per unit goes down
c:

All but one responded with b.

One IT support person recited the "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" scene with King Arthur and the peasant man/woman after supplying "b".

The two IT developers started to question my logic and reasoning capabilities so I had to clue them in on the back story [VG/DB may be getting a couple extra customers].

The customer service person said they aren't good at math problems so I reworded the problem to be two coffees at Starbucks for $12.86 [$6.43 per coffee] or 12 for $38.21 [$3.18 per coffee] to which the answer was two coffees because they aren't very thirsty and proceeded to give me $10 to go get some coffee.
Bad4Good

74 post(y/ów)
September 30, 2014
@Rex - Thanks for taking our concerns on board.

I see nothing wrong with quoting just the actual prices for each level and a figure alongside that says how much of a bonus you are getting by buying at that level.

I think that is far preferable than using the term 'saving' and a crossed out price which consumers far more readily associate with a discounted price for something that had genuinely been sold at that higher price (as opposed to being a calculated price based on a single credit - which no longer exists as an option anyway).
Wyldanimal

3785 post(y/ów)
September 30, 2014
by tripleDiamond Wahudarifi - 11 hour(s) ago

The customer service person said they aren't good at math problems so I reworded the problem to be two coffees at Starbucks for $12.86 [$6.43 per coffee] or 12 for $38.21 [$3.18 per coffee] to which the answer was two coffees because they aren't very thirsty and proceeded to give me $10 to go get some coffee.

LMAO

Lets see 4 credits for $7 or 50 credits for $50
I'll take the 4 for $7, because I only have enough Goo Juice to Wank off 4 times.

supernatedog

15 post(y/ów)
October 1, 2014
I have a thought on that, how about instead of the discount you display the cost per credit for each offering instead, IMO it would make more sense that way and be more useful. It might also encourage spending more at the moment of purchase to get the bigger value since you would be able to see how much you were actually spending per credit.
Hemingford

178 post(y/ów)
October 2, 2014
Original by Wildanimal
I'll take the 4 for $7, because I only have enough Goo Juice to Wank off 4 times.
  • loool* :D :D :D That's the way real men make decisions!

Wyldanimal

3785 post(y/ów)
October 2, 2014
by platinum Hemingford - 5 hour(s) ago
Original by Wildanimal
  • loool* :D :D :D That's the way real men make decisions!

------------------------------

Yikes!!

Taken out of Context like that..
Makes me sound like a really perverted pervert..
But LMAO any way.. cause I know the context in which I wrote that..
Rex
EKIPA

365 post(y/ów)
October 2, 2014
New price points will soon be changed to:

$0.99 for 2 credits (promo first time buyer only) - 75% discount
$4 - 2 credits - regular price, no discount
$12 - 8 credits - 25% discount
$30 - 25 credits - 40% discount
$50 - 50 credits - 50% discount
MrBeeKeeper

293 post(y/ów)
October 2, 2014
Sounds reasonable .. thanks for the information!
supernatedog

15 post(y/ów)
October 3, 2014
Now that makes more sense and the one time promo deal will probably help with new customers at least I hope it does :-)
FalconAF

149 post(y/ów)
October 3, 2014 (edited)
@Rex,

You may have already looked into this, but just in case...

The $0.99 for 2 credits *might* cause some credit or debit card customers problems if they try to do it. My bank will put an automatic "stop use" on my cards if they see an attempted transaction for $1.00, unless it is associated with a fee like an ATM cash withdrawal fee. The reason is Identity Theft attempts. When a credit/debit card is "stolen", one of the first things the Identity Thief may do is try to make a $1.00 transaction. If it gets approved, then they go hog wild with the card. Many banks are now looking for those $1.00 transactions with automated computer account monitoring programs. My bank will put my account on immediate hold until they can contact me if they see one.

I don't know if it might cause SegPay some problems either. An attempt to make a $0.99 cent purchase from them with a debit/credit card *might* get disapproved by the customer's bank.

Just thought I'd let you know about a possible issue with the $0.99 for 2 credits price it might cause for Totem, SegPay, and Totem customers. Or....

Maybe you already HAVE considered that, and the $0.99 purchase price (instead of $1.00) is a way around it? ;-)
Virt4B

454 post(y/ów)
October 3, 2014

what about the currency differences to Euro???

if I want to buy credits today I see e.g.

8 credits for 12 € - and that's 15 $ !!!
25 credits for 30 € - and that's 37 $ !!!
50 credits for 50 € . and that's 62,5 $ !!!

So...???
Wyldanimal

3785 post(y/ów)
October 3, 2014
Credits have always been priced in your Local Currency..
if you Live in the UK then you pay in Euro's not $

You earn you money in Euros, so 12 Euros, is abut the same financial expenditure
as a person who lives in the USA, earns their money in $ and spends $12..

lets say in the UK average wage is 34,000 euro a year..
in the USA it is $34,000 a year..

something that cost 12 Euros impacts you the same as something that costs $12 in the USA

That's what totem tries to do...
keep the value of the card similar for where you make the purchase.

Virt4B

454 post(y/ów)
October 3, 2014
nice try - but absolutely bullshit.

even inside Europe the financial expenditure is nowhere the same! in US too. Want not talk about financial crises of single countries here.

if I buy software from an international company I mostly pay in $. All around the world.

The fact that all europeans have to pay more is no try to make it fair, it's just a bad joke! and a good reason to lose customers.
vixen01

83 post(y/ów)
October 3, 2014 (edited)
I'm from the UK and always paid in $s, the Euro is not our currency the Great British Pound is and that is what we earn our money in ;)

I would surely love to earn £34,000 a year but you can half and it that still would be more than my yearly earnings, £34,000 definitely is not the UK average :(

Brak spełnionych wymagań by wziąć udział w dyskusji.

Jako darmowy użytkownik programu iStripper, nie możesz odpisywać w tematach na forum ani tworzyć nowych tematów.
Masz jednak dostęp do podstawowych kategorii dzięki którym możesz pozostawać w kontakcie ze społecznością !