TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
October 29, 2019
@Wyldanimal

Many of the Previews are of themselves, their own clip, and not part of a longer clip.

I did not say that they were part of a longer clip. I said they were cut, like other clips, from a longer striptease. However, what you say gives us good reasons for wanting them to be retained. I wish that there were more (and longer) non-nude clips even at the expense of nude, fully nude and XXX clips but I am probably in the minority on this so I don't expect any change in that direction.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3760 post(s)
October 29, 2019
I wish that there were more (and longer) non-nude clips

I too, often wish we had more, longer, Non-Nude clips, other than the previews.
But not at the expense of replacing a higher level clip.

For me a good balance would be 4 to 6 Non-Nude clips, which include the 3 previews, so 1 to 3 additional...

HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
October 29, 2019 (edited)
I too, often wish we had more, longer, Non-Nude clips, other than the previews.
But not at the expense of replacing a higher level clip.

For me a good balance would be 4 to 6 Non-Nude clips, which include the 3 previews, so 1 to 3 additional...
If such a thing would not create a decrease of other sorts of clips - neither a price increase, I would like to see it also.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
If such a thing would not create a decrease of other sorts of clips - neither a price increase, I would like to see it also.

But it would mean making the shows longer overall, therefore more expensive to make. Rather than a price increase I would much prefer to see a reduction in the XXX and fully nude content) but that would annoy others)
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
A reduction of XXX and full nude content would for sure annoy me. But if it would possible to get the add of a non-nude clip on each card, without reducing clip number of other sorts of content neither increasing prices (one can dream...) I too would be happy.
Ullubu
Joined in Dec 2011

729 post(s)
October 29, 2019
Non-Nude clips don't interest me at all. I have them deactivated. If there would be more of them and the nudity would be reduced I had to stop buying cards.

A reduction of XXX and full nude content would for sure annoy me. But if it would possible to get the add of a non-nude clip on each card, without reducing other sort of content neither increasing prices (one can dream..) I too would be happy.

This would be an option I can accept.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
October 29, 2019
@Ullubu - most of us, I think, would like it if Totem would just give us more at no extra cost - but that is hardly a realistic option.
zzmaskers
Joined in Mar 2011

607 post(s)
October 29, 2019
Non-Nude clips don't interest me at all.
If a model has a nice outfit, I like those non-nude clips very much!
Nude=nude= always the same!!!
zzmaskers
Joined in Mar 2011

607 post(s)
October 29, 2019
@Ullubu And of course with cluncky platform heels!😉
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
would like it if Totem would just give us more at no extra cost - but that is hardly a realistic option.
Sometimes it happens, though: for example we are not charged for cards' technical updates, nor for remastering of old ones: both operations clearly have a cost for the company.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
October 29, 2019
@HansSachs - technical updates (i.e. fixing faults) and remastering old cards are relatively rare. Adding just a couple of normal length clips to all future cards would entail an increase of around10% in the time and effort required for each of the filming, post-production and QA stages of card production and release, which I would have thought was a much more significant cost to Totem.
Fox991
Joined in Oct 2010

25 post(s)
October 30, 2019
If we had the option of substituting non-xxx clips for the xxx ones, I'd use it.
A function I'd like to have is partial playback of a xxx clip.
The clip would end once the rating exceeded the specified rating in the settings.
In the meantime, I'm going to add that option to my playlist manager.
I can save the number of seconds that a xxx clip will play, before switching to the next clip.
Many of these clips have long stripteases that will not get played otherwise.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
October 30, 2019 (edited)
If we had the option of substituting non-xxx clips for the xxx ones, I'd use it.

That would be an almost pointless option. Totem would still have to make the clips that you do not want so as far as they are concerned it would either be equivalent to making a significantly longer show. or to continuing to make the shows with their current lengths but only giving us part of the show for the same price as we currently pay, or to reduce their profits if they sell partial shows at a lower price.

A function I'd like to have is partial playback of a xxx clip.
The clip would end once the rating exceeded the specified rating in the settings.

Many of us like the long clips that give us a full striptease. Splitting these whenever there is a change of eroticism level would be irritating for us that like these and also would entail extra QA work being expended for each card.

I simply use the menu option to skip to the next model or next costume when I feel that a clip has gone to far for my current mood. I wish that there was a next clip option (or next sequence of clips from the same card) as well. Both would seem to be possible to add to the player without any extra data about the clips needing to be added.
Fox991
Joined in Oct 2010

25 post(s)
That would be an almost pointless option. Totem would still have to make the clips that you do not want so as far as they are concerned it would either be equivalent to making a significantly longer show. or to continuing to make the shows with their current lengths but only giving us part of the show for the same price as we currently pay, or to reduce their profits if they sell partial shows at a lower price.
Pointless for you, because you are satisfied with the clips as they are.
I'm not going to buy XXX cards with the current imbalance.

Of the XXX clips that are in the cards I purchased, they take up an inordinate amount of space and never get played due to the eroticism settings. But most of them contain long stripteases and that is why I want that function. Counting seconds will be a workaround for what should've been included in the vghd format.

Totem is a monopoly and we are paying monopoly prices.
Much has been said about the new premium offer, to the effect that the profit margin must be tight.
I'll believe that when they go out of business.

Edit:
The substitute clips could simply be a truncated copy of the XXX clips.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
@Fox991

Pointless for you, because you are satisfied with the clips as they are.

Not pointless for me and I am personally not satisfied with "the clips as they are", I have often said here that I would prefer much less XXX than there currently is, it would, howvever, be pointless for Totem. They would not gain anything but would have higher costs.

The substitute clips could simply be a truncated copy of the XXX clips.

True, but somebody would have to do the work of deciding where to split the clips and that entails a cost. Extra effort would also be needed from the QA team.
Fox991
Joined in Oct 2010

25 post(s)
October 30, 2019
Function added to limit duration of selected clips.
I have to set them manually, but once set, the playlist will remember them.
This should add an average of two XXX clips per card that have long stripteases.
I'll probably find some full nudity clips that I'll also want to limit.
Just goes to show that if you want something done, you have to do it yourself.
DoctorWhoa
Joined in Nov 2017

46 post(s)
November 2, 2019
***** at its finest. I don't like _____ so you shouldn't be able to buy it either. Silly, especially since you can change the settings and not even get the XXX scenes. I get you don't like it but you can turn it off. Don't punish those who do like it. More bitching about nothing.
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
November 2, 2019
***** at its finest. I don't like _____ so you shouldn't be able to buy it either. Silly, especially since you can change the settings and not even get the XXX scenes. I get you don't like it but you can turn it off. Don't punish those who do like it. More bitching about nothing.

If @DoctorWhoa pays my cellular network charges for downloading XXX cards then I might buy some of them. I just don't think it makes economic sense for me to pay to download clips from a XXX show that I am going to delete, or disable,

And the bonus for him is that I won't be a ***** bitch about an apparently excessive amount of XXX cards being released at once.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !