770 post(s)
July 6, 2019
i guess it depends on your point of view. I did end up saving some cash =p
now or later
Pay now pay later
pay now save later
save now pay later
Save now save later

Eh. It's only money. And that's pretty easy to come by.
Corax77
Joined in Jan 2008

56 post(s)
July 6, 2019
So, another sale where I have to spend an assload of credits to get between 25 - 28 cards I won't want, just to get one card I do want, which I can't get unless I pre-order every card? This isn't a sale, it's extortion!

I'm not happy with it either! 😖
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
July 6, 2019 (edited)
After much thinking about, even being very much interested in Red Fox's beautiful card, I eventually decided not to participate to the promo this time. Mostly because of lacking of a discount - which was instead previously offered with the February preorder (which I bought).
I think that in order to balance the total blindly buying of 31 cards about which people doesn't know anything, a discount simply should be offered. Just my 2c.
dawnspark
Joined in Dec 2014

12 post(s)
July 10, 2019
So essentially I would have get red fox (and a bunch of cards I don't like) for a super high prize. I won't get the special event card later ever.

Thank you, this is the worst concept ever. I see you ***** your customers. Finally you lost me here.
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
July 10, 2019
See Ya around. Remember this, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
July 10, 2019 (edited)
Why would you go & say something like that ?

Done went & made me look
😶
dawnspark
Joined in Dec 2014

12 post(s)
July 10, 2019
Bitter and hoping for the better....
CrackCrazy
Joined in Jun 2010

47 post(s)
July 10, 2019
I own 14 Red Fox cards, 4 of which are "xxx". I passed on the latest "Fox" opportunity, figuring why pay for close to 30 cards that I may not want for one I would like. In another way to think of this, if every Red Fox card required a month of cards purchased unseen, that would be over 400 cards!

Anyway, I'm going to rewatch each of my 14 cards already owned of Ms Fox, and by the time I finish July will be gone. I hope Totem goes back to what made this a happy place to visit - pretty girls and fair deals, and members were treated with respect. I feel I am always being tested- how much will I gamble? how many things will I buy that I really don't want. Sad. Go back to Happy.
dawnspark
Joined in Dec 2014

12 post(s)
July 10, 2019
Bitter and still hoping for the better....
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3767 post(s)
July 10, 2019
another way to think of this, if every Red Fox card required a month of cards purchased unseen, that would be over 400 cards!

And in what Logical rationale does this even make sense?
You are just spreading more of the ***** and *****-mongering.

stefnev1
Joined in Jul 2008

4465 post(s)
July 10, 2019
@Interestingcard
I don't have the software installed. That says everything.

Curious, I see you have version 1.2.232 installed 😕
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 post(s)
July 10, 2019
Free your *****!
dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

441 post(s)
July 10, 2019
And in what Logical rationale does this even make sense?
You are just spreading more of the ***** and *****-mongering.

***** and *****-mongering" ... seriously? That make far less sense than the post you are referring too.

I've lost track but but I think there have been 3 calendars with what I assume was about 30 cards each. So if you wanted the 3 cards featured in those calendars you would have to buy about 90 cards you might not want. Thats not ***** but simply reality.

It seems the calendars are a success so we can assume they will keep coming and when the 14th one arrives @CrackCrazy will have been spot on. No need to accuse him of ***** or ***** mongering; like me he is enjoying what he was allowed to buy and living without what he was not.
CrackCrazy
Joined in Jun 2010

47 post(s)
July 10, 2019
@Wyldanimal - not sure what if anything is ***** about my post? Just pointing out that you are blindly purchasing 30 or so cards to get one. And the more times you do this the greater the number of potentially unwanted cards you will have purchased.

By the way, if Totem continues this (every month get an exclusive card if you blindly buy the month in advance) then this time next year we will be nearing the number in my post.

CrackCrazy
Joined in Jun 2010

47 post(s)
July 10, 2019
@Wyldanimal - and I'm not going to get into the name calling with you. Not professional in my book.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
July 10, 2019
This analogy is somewhat out of date, but in the days when music was sold on singles, EPs and LPs (also known as albums) or even double LPs and latter on CDs I do not remember so much anger about having to buy a package of between 2 and 30 tracks just to get the one you wanted. Not a perfect analogy because it was not so easy to release each track singly, but the fact remains that very few people expressed the same vehement anger about it as we see here against buying similar packages.
muttonjeff
Joined in Nov 2008

659 post(s)
July 10, 2019 (edited)
it was a sad day when the 'Me Too" whiners moved into the forum.
WTF people.. I agree with @TheEmu there are only a few that express vehement anger about not getting one card.. but i notice some of you only have 3 of TheRedFox's 14 current cards ... not enough choice ???
muttonjeff
Joined in Nov 2008

659 post(s)
July 10, 2019
@gkar45 ... wasn't aiming at you hun 😊
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3767 post(s)
July 10, 2019
@CrackCrazy
@Wyldanimal - and I'm not going to get into the name calling with you. Not professional in my book.

What?
Name calling? Where?

that post was not even directed at you personally..
See that @CrackCrazy in this post, yes, this one is specific to you...

I see a lot of ***** being spread in this thread from various members...

what you wrote, about Having to By 30 unwanted cards with every card purchased is not factual , and, in my opinion, is just spreading *****.

I just quoted what you wrote as an example.. of the kind of thinking that is out of hand...

Is it REALLY such a ***** thing? Seriously... ?
It's not like a member is NOT getting anything from it... They are getting all the cards released for the month.

If a member is a discriminating buyer, then simply pass on the deal...
Why all the ***** being spread over it?
Why create false scenarios ?

I actually think the Monthly Pre-Orders are a great deal, almost as good as the old Subscription days...
Every daily card, automatically added to your collection...
no Muss, no Fuss, no need to check daily and buy a card and then added it...
Pay once, and get them all automatically.
Plus as a Bonus... you get an Exclusive card, not available for Sale in the Store..

I wish this was an option at the start of every month..
Pay once, get all the cards...
Combine it with a reload bonus at the end of the previous month...

And that is the Perfect combination for members who want all the cards...

muttonjeff
Joined in Nov 2008

659 post(s)
July 10, 2019
If a member is a discriminating buyer, then simply pass on the deal...
and don't *****
Number6
Joined in Oct 2010

1101 post(s)
July 10, 2019
I actually think the Monthly Pre-Orders are a great deal, almost as good as the old Subscription days...
Pay once, and get them all automatically.
Plus as a Bonus... you get an Exclusive card, not available for Sale in the Store..

I wish this was an option at the start of every month..
Pay once, get all the cards...
Combine it with a reload bonus at the end of the previous month...

And that is the Perfect combination for members who want all the cards...

😎👍👍👍👍👍👍
dawnspark
Joined in Dec 2014

12 post(s)
July 10, 2019
You know not every critique is a display of *****.

In the end I think it is only fair to let totem know what you don't like especially, if you are supposed to pay for it.

Since that kind of cosplay survey in the forum I am still waiting for at least one good card with a girl with a good show that is wearing something better than the daily underwear.
Well oviously I will not get that red fox card anymore, but she seemed to get close to what I like.

Totem could could bring back special event card from time to time, not only in super size black box bundles and they could increase the variety and quality of the shows.
At least for my part this would take away a lot of frustration, I guess.😉😉

dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

441 post(s)
July 11, 2019
what you wrote, about Having to By 30 unwanted cards with every card purchased is not factual , and, in my opinion, is just spreading *****.

In the context of the calendar it is a 100%; regardless how is it ***** or spreading ***** to say it ? I guess if 14 times 30 is less then 400 then you could say he got his math wrong but that doesn't make someone ***** does it? I guess you could say that not all Red Fox cards are exclusive but he didn't say they were on what if. Any any case if you disagree then state you case or don't respond at all but to accuse someone of ***** mongering ... really?

Both the math and the point are perfectly correct. If you want the exclusive cards offered with the calendar you need to buy the approximately 30 cards that come with it; a simple FACT. I don't like it but other seem to like it just fine; agreeing or disagreeing neither changes the math nor the facts. He correctly inferred that 14 exclusive calendar cards would come at the cost of over 400 cards which is perfectly accurate. But the point is calling someone ***** even if you disagree with that fact is simply wrong in my book.
dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

441 post(s)
July 11, 2019
I went back a finished reading your email ..

Why all the ***** being spread over it?
Why create false scenarios ? .

I haven't seen ***** just frustration over not being able to buy a card we want without buying everything.

Pay once, and get them all automatically. .

It's not a deal .. there is no value other than exclusion. if you buy every card then sadly that is your problem but don't make the rest of us do it to get the cards we want.

I agree that if you don't care about the girl or the card but you just want to own them all it is a convenience and am very ***** why they haven't brought subscription back. The old subscription was ridiculously cheap; so much so that I tried it and REALLY regretted it but it makes sense to bring back at a sane price or for free cards or whatever.

Again, if you buy all the cards have gained nothing beyond the cost of a card. If if you get some pleasure in owning a card that others can no longer buy; you still can't know how 'exclusive' it really is. And if someone really feels the need to be in the exclusive club they simply have to gamble for it.

The point of the exclusive card is to coherence buyers that don't want cards they don't want and hence the frustration from members like me. No ***** just facts.

CrackCrazy
Joined in Jun 2010

47 post(s)
July 11, 2019
@dar2112v - Thanks very much for your posts. I certainly did not feel like I was saying anything hatefull or that this would somehow scare someone. We certainly do not need to agree on everything. I purchase the cards of the girls I like, which is now thousands of cards after almost 10 years on the site.
My standard for parting with my credits is knowing what I am buying. I may be in the minority with this view, but there is nothing ***** here. Pointing out that this type of promotion (if it continues to be replicated month to month) will result in buying hundreds of unseen cards is simply a fact.
Some people want and will purchase every card issued. I understand they will favor promotions like this, since they are getting something free in the process. But others want to be more selective in what they purchase. And some people need to respect the right of another member to have a different opinion, without resorting to name calling.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
July 11, 2019 (edited)
Some people want and will purchase every card issued. I understand they will favor promotions like this, since they are getting something free in the process.

That is correct, and we do appreciate getting the extra card. However, I do not think that we are the primary target for these promotions because if we were going to buy all of the month's card anyway Totem get no extra income from us as a result of the promotion. I think that the primary target is those that buy heavily but can be persuaded to buy just a bit more heavily for this month. Some of these will be old customers with large collections and others will be new customers - and it is the latter who will provide most benefit to Totem because they will be paying more for each card. Totem will also get extra income if they cause some to buy the new cards rather than older lower resolution cards.

As I have said in previous posts, Totem have repeated pre-purchase offers, with an exclusive card as a reward, several times now since the first Advent Calendar two and a half years ago. Presumably they are gaining something from them, or at least not losing out, despite some people here claiming that they must be alienating many of their customers.
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 post(s)
July 11, 2019
Just woke up, didn't read all this thoroughly, got work soon. Just gonna say what I feel.

Why the *****? Because it's bullshit to certain members. I am equally baffled by your adamant will to defend it, but I am sure you have your reasons -_-. You can call it *****, fustration, annoyance, vindictiveness, contempt, whatever you want to call it. Call it whatever you want, I don't care. I will acknowledging any negative feelings you see it as. As far as false scenerios, I've seen the other side throw their own together so dont pull that pot and kettle crap.

You want to call it a bonus that you get a card you cant get any normal way is just market *****. It's not a bonus, it would be a bonus if you can get it normally at ANY POINT down the road, but it sure as hell isn't a bonus here as it is an incentive.

Finally this whole, "It's great for those who buy all the cards anyways?" and "It's a great deal, like the subcription base stuff"

The first, the fact that you can quickly acknowledge how well this deal works for others, tell me how would it work out less for them if Blackfox could have been purchased normally along with the rest of the cards? Sure maybe the one click buy offered some ***** convience but that's hardly any difference. Now for those who do not collect every card, this does not work for us because and telling us to "Just pass on it" is throwing the concern under the rug. If we just pass on it, then we wont beable to buy it normally still rather we will more than likely have to get it on a game of chance and risk dumping more credits and still have the possibility of getting cards we wouldn't want (not a false scenerio)

And then comparing it to subscritions?

1. Didn't they offer a discount to all card? It's been awhile and I've never done them so I could be wrong on this one, but I can't help but remember that they did. I can finish this point if this is confirmed, but wanna make a note of it here

2. Something I know subscriptions did was not lock you out of a card only for you to get it from a game of chance later.

If they released them as limited timed exclusives then I wouldn't care TBH. I can wait, if I don't like the deal, and I will participate if I do. I would have done Josephine Jacksons regardless cause I honestly thought it was a good deal at the time of release, and if this one offered similar discounts I prolly would not feel so much buyers remorse from participating in it.

Finally, let's be honest, these exclusive cards are becoming insanely common. By the Christmas even last year we only had three winthin a year time frame. Now within a half a year we gotten three more. How did we go from getting 3 within a 3 to now having 3 within a half year?

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !