Thank God It's Friday

Forum / Everything about iStripper

TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
July 11, 2019
You want to call it a bonus that you get a card you cant get any normal way is just market *****.

Of course its "market *****" - as are the regular discounts depending on how many cards you already have and the discounts on pushed previews.

And getting the extra card is the bonus - not its simple existance.

P.S. In my previous post I should have said it has been one and a half years, not two and a half, since the first Advent Calendar.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3758 post(s)
July 11, 2019
The Advent Calendars were a completely different event.
This is only the 2nd time the Monthly Pre-Order has been Offered.

With the advent Calendar, it was purchase 24 cards, or the Balance of the 24 cards if you already had purchased them day to Day.
Members who Purchased it, had up till the 24th day to join in.
If a member joined in early, then they Got the Daily card a Day Ahead of the Store.
Plus the 25th card Free, which was an Exclusive card, not for sale in the store.

The Monthly Pre-order is different.
You pay for the full month of cards up front.
Participation has a cut off date limited to the first week of the month.
Members don't receive the cards a day early.

While yes, it is similar, it is still a different event, and shouldn't be grouped with the Advent Calendar Events.

TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
July 11, 2019 (edited)
@Wyldanimal

The Advent Calendars were different, yes, and I should not have called them pre-purchase offers (though we did have that option with both of them - and I and others used it on day 1) but they were not completely different. The Advent Calendars and the simple pre-purchase offers have had the common feature of needing to buy a lot of cards - 24 in the case of the Advent Calendars and 30 or 31 for a month's pre-purchase - in order to get the extra exclusive card. It is this need to buy cards that you would not otherwise bother with that some (not me) seem to be objecting to.

I regard the month's pre-purchase and the advent calendars as relatively ***** variations on the theme of offering an exclusive card as an inducement to buy a large large package of the current month's cards.
lukaszr
Joined in Dec 2007

719 post(s)
July 11, 2019
This is only the 2nd time the Monthly Pre-Order has been Offered.

Isn't it the 3rd Pre-Order?
First in February, when the 20% off was offered,
Second in April, when the 20% off and Special Event Card was offered (e1156 - Josephine Jackson - Tartan Cutie),
Third in July, when Special Event Card was offered (f0523 - The Red Fox - Black Fox).

So far, additional discounts were available each time the pre-order was available. I also expected a 20% discount this time. I was surprised that this time there is no discount. It stopped me from buying it.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3758 post(s)
July 11, 2019
@TheEmu
...I regard the month's pre-purchase and the advent calendars as relatively ***** variations

I disagree, the attraction of the Advent Calendar was the
1) opening of each days window to See what your Card was
2) getting the Cards a Day early, before they went on sale.
3) the Free Exclusive Bonus card
4) not having to jump online to buy a card every day
this was a full 25 day long fun event, everyday, you had something to open.

The Monthly Pre-Pay has only two Incentives
1) not having to jump online to buy a card every day
2) the Exclusive Bonus card
this is more like a Subscription, than it is a fun Event...
in fact there is no event to it.... no member interaction...

Very different in my view...
One was an event that attracted members to participate daily...
the other is just a glorified subscription.

But as I said before...
I wish this was an Every Month event. ( not meaning that there would be an exclusive bonus card,
but just the Prepay option...)
Especially if it was coupled with the Reload Bonus offer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
And lastly, just to be Clear...
iStripper would Never, make Every Card produced by a Model an Exclusive card, as suggested by
@CrackCrazy
I own 14 Red Fox cards, 4 of which are "xxx". I passed on the latest "Fox" opportunity, figuring why pay for close to 30 cards that I may not want for one I would like. In another way to think of this, if every Red Fox card required a month of cards purchased unseen, that would be over 400 cards!

Every Card of a Single model will Never be made as Exclusive cards.
it will never happen.

That, is the Scenario that I was referring too, as being way off base....

I don't care if they do an Exclusive card every month for 24 months...
It will never be Every card of a Single Model. never....

Suggesting that iStripper would make Every Card of a Single Model an exclusive offer,
Yes, to me, that is spreading False *****,

Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3758 post(s)
July 11, 2019 (edited)
@lukaszr

yes, it is the 3rd time for a monthly Pre-Order,
but only the 2nd time, that an Exclusive card was the Attraction...

Which, is what all the Yelling and Screaming is about...
I don't think any of the Members *****, Has anything at all to do with the Per-Order offer...
but everything to do with there being an Exclusive card attached to the Offer..

So in that light...

this is only the 2nd time...
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
July 11, 2019 (edited)
@Wyldanimal

Then we will have to disagree as to what are the essential part of the offers and what are cosmetic differences. The things that you point out as differences are to me but ***** factors - variations on the theme of "buy all of these cards and get this exclusive card free". Admittedly the "***** factors" make the offers look different, but do not, for me, change their fundamental nature - at least not in the context of the discussion here about the "evils" of exclusive cards in these offers. In other contexts I might be more inclined to agree with you.
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
July 11, 2019
It's a hard (ha ha) flavour to find.
We can also make Wyld Weenie and Orangutan Weenie and even Big Bird Weenie flavours. Wait! Do birds even have weenies?
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
July 11, 2019 (edited)
Wait! Do birds even have weenies?

Most do not but a few species do - these include ducks, geese, ostriches and emus!. The following is a spectacular example.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2001/09/14/366856.htm

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/phenomena/2013/06/06/how-chickens-lost-their-penises-ducks-kept-theirs/
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
July 11, 2019
I was about to add a note to my previous post

Near the end of the second article I kinked to occurs the statement "alligators have a permanently erect penis connected to a bungee cord."
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
July 11, 2019
Seems like we’ve had enough Spam to last at least a few days. Let’s give it a rest, please.

Thank You
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 post(s)
July 11, 2019
If you are talking about the Spam can post, meh I guess from a moderator PoV I can agree

If you are talking about the discussion of exclusives, I was gonna hold off until the next one before diving back into the shitstorm, but there were certain points made here I just felt like giving my opinion on and will do again if others show up. So that's just my headsup
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
July 11, 2019
What is your issue Cw ???

I’m talking about the pics of spam cans
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 post(s)
July 11, 2019
No issue, was asking for clarification dude, chill out.
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
July 11, 2019
Well, you might want to consider taking your own advice.

Just sayin’
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 post(s)
July 11, 2019
Depends on the situation, I tend to not get pissy at people trying to clarify things so yeah.
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
July 12, 2019
I sure hope this doesn't become a ***** match. That might get a little messy.

I wouldn't want to be the one cleaning up.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !