for simple computers (GPU, CPU and disk space). Because most of them
are in HDMI or Full HD, and the pleasure do not come with pixels but
just with the play and the sex-appeal of the girl. That's the actual issue
in my opinion...
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
June 3, 2019 (edited)
@Sexy3DBoy - OK, now I see what you meant - I think there may have been a slight language issue. However, I somewhat disagree in that I think that higher resolutions do need to be supported as they become more than occassional rarities (so 4k now because such systems are quite common, perhaps 8k in some years time). However, I certainly agree that low end systems should also be supported and should not ***** when higher resolutions are introduced,
zzmaskers
Joined in Mar 2011

608 post(s)
June 3, 2019
[quote Istripper must be/stay a simple application,for simple computers (GPU, CPU and disk space). Because most of them are in HDMI or Full HD, and the pleasure do not come with pixels but just with the play and the sex-appeal of the girl. That's the actual issue in my opinion...[/quote] 👍👍👍
With this I totally agree.
MAVERICK302
Joined in Feb 2008

286 post(s)
June 4, 2019
Is this new version compatible with Windows XP & 7?
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
June 4, 2019
@MAVERICK302

The short answer is 'No'
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3789 post(s)
June 4, 2019
Is this new version compatible with Windows XP & 7?

V1.2.230
I am using it on Windows 7 without any known issues.
It currently is NOT working for Windows XP SP3
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
June 4, 2019
It currently is NOT working for Windows XP SP3

But Totem have said that they are looking into fixing the problem so don't give up hope.
follower
Joined in Apr 2014

78 post(s)
June 4, 2019
In that case, being "old style" pics by the way still produced for users not having the last Istripper version, it would be good if both pic versions were downloaded and we could choose which one to visualize on program interface. Thanks

I do totally agree with that.
Rex
TEAM
Joined in Sep 2007

365 post(s)
June 5, 2019
We recently upgraded production and post production to deliver a better quality to our customer at the same price. We’re now filming models with a new camera in 6K. The entire post production process and hardware had to be changed while we were still releasing cards in the previous quality. We ran into significant difficulties, such as post production output jumping from two hours to 24 hours. Customers reported slowdowns while playing videos using the new codec, which is known for better quality but also more processing time. We decided quickly to keep the new camera and post production process but to go back to the previous codec as the increase in quality was not significant at similar bitrate, plus it is not working on Windows XP. Because all the changes had to be done while we were still releasing one new card every day, some of the new cards had to be released without going through QA, hence some quality issues. Please give us a bit of time to fix all of the issues, colors, transparency, compatibility etc The new camera and post production process will bring you much better images of the girls, we’re working on tuning it properly.
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
June 5, 2019 (edited)
I just read in the above post made by @Rex that the new codec used in the cards produced that are filmed with the new camera is now not going to be used. It is my understanding from what various experts here have written is that the new codec required the use of version 1.2.2.28 to play the newest made cards.

Now it seems that this new codec will not be used because of some difficulties experienced in post production and by users in general. He stated that post production is reverting back to the older codec.

I can take it then that the latest version of the GUI will not be required to play the newest cards that will be post productioned with the older codec.
cdub87
Joined in Apr 2008

397 post(s)
June 5, 2019
"It currently is NOT working for Windows XP SP3"
But Totem have said that they are looking into fixing the problem so don't give up hope.

Why are people running still running Windows XP? I know going to catch heat for this but seriously. If money was a issue I could understand but your using it for a "hobby" software which takes money so.......Anyways, zero day exploits are running wild and critical updates are long gone(5 years ago now).

And Windows 7 keys can be found under any rock you look under(Not advocating priracy but it is just a fact)
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
June 5, 2019 (edited)
It doesn't matter why people are using it. I would not but they may have good reasons, e.g. some old important (to them) software that only runs under XP. The important thing is that Totem have said that XP SP3 is supported,
goodwolf
Joined in May 2011

237 post(s)
June 5, 2019
@Rex - will there be a newer version we shall install to get the actual codec settings ?
Ullubu
Joined in Dec 2011

730 post(s)
June 5, 2019
plus it is not working on Windows XP

When microsoft is not supporting its own product anymore, why should totem.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
June 5, 2019 (edited)
I do not know why Totem choose to do so but the iStripper webpage from which you can download the newest version says that XP SP3 is supported. Hence users can expect it to work.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3789 post(s)
June 5, 2019
I can take it then that the latest version of the GUI will not be required to play the newest cards that will be post productioned with the older codec.

my understanding is...
You will still need the newer version 1.2.228 or above.
it's not the Codec, but the Post Processing that requires the new software.

stefnev1
Joined in Jul 2008

4473 post(s)
June 5, 2019
Sorry but my understanding is : the post processing uses the new codec which requires the new version of the software to play the new shows. With the old codec, an older version of the software can play the shows encoded like that.
cdub87
Joined in Apr 2008

397 post(s)
June 5, 2019 (edited)
It doesn't matter why people are using it. I would not but they may have good reasons, e.g. some old important (to them) software that only runs under XP. The important thing is that Totem have said that XP SP3 is supported,

Totem is in error for supporting a obsolete unsecure OS. As Ubullu said why put yourself into this situation if the manufacturer doesn't support it anymore. New CPU instruction sets are released, microsoft has updated new libraries to better support new coding in that 20 year gap. Your going to eventually run into trying to hack stuff together to make it playble on the older software(which in this case it doesn't work.) Some things are just best left in the past.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
June 5, 2019 (edited)
i agree that Totem might be better off if they did not support XP - but if they claim that they do then they had better do so. At some point I can see them dropping support but if so, even though I do not use XP myself, I would expect an announcement well in advance. For all we know there may be a significant number of very active purchasers using XP (though I rather doubt it).

It is rarely an error, as you put it, to continue to support old customers though it can become impractical to do so.
orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

740 post(s)
June 5, 2019
Totem is in error for supporting a obsolete unsecure OS. As Ubullu said why put yourself into this situation if the manufacturer doesn't support it anymore. New CPU instruction sets are released, microsoft has updated new libraries to better support new coding in that 20 year gap. Your going to eventually run into trying to hack stuff together to make it playble on the older software(which in this case it doesn't work.) Some things are just best left in the past.

I disagree. The software could be considered 11 years old or even older. I still play games that are from the same year of release and could be expected to play those games on the same computer, infact most of my system is still from 2007. Can you imagine if Medieval 2 or Skyrim just decided you couldn't play the game anymore on the OS that you bought the game on? Istripper works the same way. Eventually games become too outdated...as there are games from the mid-90s that just do not work anymore on modern computers but I do not believe the tech has advanced so far to say that a person can't use an operating system that still works for a majority of content including fairly modern games.
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1027 post(s)
June 5, 2019

Easy way to find out. WA has some test environments. He can see if a new card runs under the old software. Anyone with the old software can do the same. Just be sure that the new card is not using the new codec.
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
June 5, 2019
Easy way to find out. WA has some test environments. He can see if a new card runs under the old software. Anyone with the old software can do the same. Just be sure that the new card is not using the new codec.

@Dorsai6 , And how is a person to know if a new card is not using the new codec? It was said last week by a Totem employee that there are still over 20 cards to be released that are not of 'crystal clear+' quality, which to me means they were made with the older technologies These fall into the 'new card' category and can still be played on an older software.

I am assuming here, of course, that 'crystal clear+’ is one of the visual identifiers that a card is made with the new codec.
x26638184
Joined in Oct 2018

189 post(s)
June 5, 2019
Reading this thread, here are some suggestions:

To the Post Producing in 6K you need powerful hardware (Mac Pro 8K or similar) trying to do it with less can end up being a ***** for the time that can lead to encoding a video.

As for the Codec, I do not know which one is used here, but using H264 is recommended (It could be HEVC H265 but it could not run on operating systems before 2017 - Users with Windows 10 back would be obsolete)

The software engine used here is QT 5.4 (This makes it backwards compatible with XP) but at the expense of not taking advantage of the potential of QT 5.12 and that causes failures in the new operating systems. So seeing 4K or 5K here will be difficult (it ***** if you are using a 6K camera)

Working with UHD (about 4K) It is devourer of everything, as an example when I make a clip of 3 min in 4K, this weighs finally 900MB average in H264 (in H265 it is reduced between 10 and 20% less approximately) and came to occupy a 300GB buffer in the development. At the beginning I used a MacBook Pro and it was a *****, today I use a better computer and the Work Flow was greatly reduced (from 6 hours of rendering, lower to 20 minutes)

If external disks are used it is better to use the thunderbolt port, the transfer speed is up to 60% faster than USB 3.0

Approach: Currently many low average equipment already incorporate HDMI 2 (4K) and the cost is reasonable. The resolution is important. Smart TVs are attached to current computers, either by HDMI or by Airplay or Cast. 1080p is already considered obsolete and 4K in 2 more years will have been displaced by 8K. In terms of multimedia content is a point to consider.

To keep users with XP, it is worth sacrificing the younger consumer market that does not want to buy more because it feels that this is outdated in technology?

To cover a lot is to tighten a little. It is better less customers, happier and consume more (It is my personal opinion). Less can be more financially advantageous. To give an example: Ferrari (Sells less units than massive brands but it is more profitable than many) Pay the one that can pay, it is the market law.

Many users suggest that cards are made in several codecs, that is not viable, it would be crazy. This is not Netflix or YouTube that has a self-management system. So that it is better understood, when I see a video on a cell phone with a 4G network, a smaller file is read and when it is for Wi-Fi, another larger file is read.

The resolution of the GUI is efficient, if it is of higher resolution. It would be too heavy the database (it would eat the hard disks) It is not relevant when the important thing is the final deployment (small mode or Full Screen). IF someone uses PLEX or KODI in the multimedia management of insurance, they understand it. Each Kb must be optimized to the maximum.

iStripper is very complex in that. Large database management, generate iFrame in small mode and render in real time in Full Screen? It should not run on operating systems lower than 2014 given the complexity. In that I recognize achievement.

Hopefully TEAM wish you that mistakes are improved soon and that users are a little more tolerant.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3789 post(s)
June 5, 2019
I think we are ***** the Encoding, with Post Processing.

The 'crystal clear+’ is part of the post processing

Encoding is the Bit Rate, Compression, and Security.
Done to the clips after they have been post Processed in to 'crystal clear+' playable clips.

Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
June 6, 2019 (edited)
I think we are *****

I think so too.

Is there an ELI5 (Explain Like I'm 5) for most of the comments made in this thread, in particular starting with what @Rex wrote.

If there is no ELI5 available for us lesser beings, then perhaps a warning to not read the comment if ELI5 is needed.
muttonjeff
Joined in Nov 2008

670 post(s)
June 6, 2019
@Chicsans 😊😊😊 beautifully put
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3789 post(s)
June 6, 2019
Filming
with New 6K camera = Better Clarity, Better Focus, Better RAW video to Start with.

Post Processing
Cut and Edit Raw Video into Clips
Create Masks for Clips using New 256 levels of Transparency, for Smoother Edges
Finer details.
This is the new CC+ type clips.

Encoding
Compress the Clips to a Smaller size.
Set the Bit Rate
Create the Security

As REX explained it
Using a New Encoder with Higher Bit rate, caused the Process to go from 2 hrs, to almost 24 hrs per card.
And the End result, was minimal with the New encoder, and Also Broke XP

So the Decision was made to Keep the New 6K camera, Keep the New CC+ Post Processing
But revert back to the Old Encoder.

To See CC+ clips you will still need to use Newer Version of the Software.
But by using the Old Encoder, XP should once again work.

If i've gotten anything wrong, then one of the Team members can add to this description.

Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
June 6, 2019
@Chicsans, are you sure of the translation: yah or nah...i'll give it a go if you'd like

@gkar45

There was no translation involved. That is a screencap of @Rex actual post. I sent my comment, then as an afterthought decided that I would add his words as a quote. It seems that the system will not allow a quote to be added in an edit, nor was I allowed to copy/paste - using ***** and drop or Ctrl-C with Ctrl-V. I was able to add a picture as a posting edit, which is what I did.

There is a translation that you can help me with though

@Rex wrote in English, using “France - male” as the perspective,
@Chicsans read in English, using “Canada - female” as the perspective.

And we both know that what is written by a man is not how those words are read by a woman.
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
June 6, 2019 (edited)
@Wyldanimal

Thank you for that explanation.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3789 post(s)
June 6, 2019 (edited)
There is a translation that you can help me with though

@Rex wrote in English, using “France - male” as the perspective,
@Chicsans read in English, using “Canada - female” as the perspective.

And we both know that what is written by a man is not how those words are read by a woman.

Ha, that is so funny...yet true.. and I have an Example...

I told someone how to format a usb stick to work with an older PC.

You have to right click the usb, and select tools
then you have to select format..
use the drop down to change it to FAT or FAT32
Then give it a name.

And right there, she stopped me, and Said
Did you just Call me FAT?

All I could do was give her a blank look and I'm thinking...
"Of all that I was explaining, the only thing you heard was FAT?"

Oh, here, just let me do it...

Did you Just call Me FAT? HA !

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !