A new version of iStripper is now available.

Forum / Everything about iStripper

Birger52
Joined in Apr 2008

120 post(s)
August 8, 2018
@TheEmu
We need a personal ranking feature. And an option to sort cards after that ranking.
Will make it very simple to create and edit paylist.
Don't thin the "playlist interface" can actually be more simple than it is.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
August 8, 2018 (edited)
@Birger52 - I agree with you.

Although there currently is a personal ranking feature it is unfortunately the case that the only way to find what out what how we have previously ranked our cards is to labouriously go through them one at a time via the "comments" option, and even that only works when we are online. It would, I think, be a useful improvement if as well as being able to sort cards according to the average ranking that has been awarded by users we could also sort them according to our personal rankings. To be able to do this sorting while offline would require that the data be stored locally either in the card's individual xml files (like the average ranking already is) or in a separate file or files.

The reason why I suggested that a simplified interface to the playlist function could be added to support "favourites" is because despite it being easy to use the playlist function to emulate "favourites" people have repeatedly requested that there be a separate "favourites" function - despite the alternative being quite simple to use and far more powerful. A simplified interface could be as basic as a right click option on each card to "add to My Favourites" which adds the card to a "My favourites" playlist as if it had been added using the existing ***** and drop mechanism. No new functionality, just a slightly quicker way to add a card to a particular playlist.

UPDATE: Although I would welcome a "favourites" option as a front end to a "my favourites" playlist the main reason for this is to satisfy others (and hopefully stop them asking for it). I would find it far too limiting compared with maintaining multiple playlists of different kinds of favourites. My overall favourites are very different to my favourite pole dancers or favourite XXX performers. Any attempt to introduce this sort of flexibility with multiple favourites lists rapidly would either become rather complex or would become essentialy the same as the playlist feature.
rtcant
Joined in May 2008

103 post(s)
August 15, 2018
I'm obviously typing to the wind, but I'm requesting again....

Please add back the option to save all of the selected items as a playlist and to load back the playlist to activate only those cards.

If I create a playlist of 'girls in red' and then 2 months later, I want to sort through all the girls I've purchased since, I want to be able to tell at a glance where I stopped last time.

You can't even sort the playlist by date to make it simpler.

So, yeahyeah, it's more powerful and nifty keen, I get it, but I can't use it the way it is and I don't like having to download a third party software to do what this one used to do by default.

I like to go through my entire collection and create playlists for 'girls with bedroom eyes' or 'melons' or 'tater tots'. ...'girls in yellow dresses'.....'Slutty dancers'....'Drop Dead Gorgeous'.......'Girls that look like your sister'........

I spent a LOT of money over many, many years and this is the one option that I REALLY want out of the software.

Please return the playlist option. If it wasn't something that someone wanted, there wouldn't be a third party software so people could use it that way.
  • sigh*
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
August 15, 2018 (edited)
I agree, I really wish that creating and maintaining multiple playlists was easier than it currently is. The ability to make one pass through a collection and add individual cards to one or more playlists without having to repeatedly load and save each playlist would be greatly appreciated. I envisage a sidebar, or popup window, that listed all available playists and which allowed the user to ***** cards from My Collection to playlists much as we can ***** files to folders using windows explorer. There are a few other improvements that could also be made, but for me this would be the most useful.

However, the first of the things mentioned by @rtcant, the ability to save all of the selected cards as a playlist (or to add them to a playlist), is already quite easy to do because you can just ***** them as group to the playlist sidebar. Unfortunately the second part, using a playlist to control what is currently selected, is not (yet) supported.
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1025 post(s)
August 15, 2018
Re: the ability to save all of the selected cards as a playlist (or to add them to a playlist), is already quite easy to do because you can just ***** them as group to the playlist sidebar.

However, if some of those cards are already in the playlist, they will be added a second time. The ability to avoid or remove duplicates is needed.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
August 15, 2018 (edited)
@Dorsai6 - I agree, there is much that could be done with respect to editing playlists, e.g. sort playlist entries by card name or model name, search/find next within a playlist, replace a card level entry by clip level entries subject to a clip type or eroticism level filter. But these are all secondary features. Fortunately any advanced playlist maintainence features could be expected to be pretty well isolated from the main functionality of the iStripper program and could even be done as a separate playlist editor requiring only that cards could be ***** from the main My Collection window or, less elegantly, having equivalent functionality built into it.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3763 post(s)
August 15, 2018
@rtcant

Please add back the option to save all of the selected items as a playlist and to load back the playlist to activate only those cards.

i too miss that feature..
Saving a Playlist - Saved the List of Enabled Cards, even the Ones Enabled but hidden from view by a filter.
Loading a Playlist - Disabled all other cards, and Only Enabled the cards on the Playlist

But we have a new playlist system now, that now Supports Clip level lists.
and once you get used to it, it is rather powerful.

I keep my collection totally disabled, and use the playlist feature most of the time to watch my collection.
So the cards or Clips are always selected from the Playlist.

To Simulate the Loading of a Play list, and Making only the cards on the Playlist enabled.
I created my own program
that allows me to use the Text Filter box, to Display Only the cards on the Playlist.
Then I can select them all and Enable them all.

rtcant
Joined in May 2008

103 post(s)
August 16, 2018
@wyldanimal

Yeah, I know. I've used and know how to use the playlist. I've created playlists with clips and yes, it's a neat feature that has it's place, but it doesn't allow me to easily sort the playlist to find my place since the last time I sorted. I wind up with duplicates and missed cards.

As I mentioned before, I know I can invoke a third party program to do the job, but then I have to juggle two programs when all I really want to do is sort through the cuties and make playlists from them.

I want to be able to scan through the cards in the list easily and sort them by using the pulldown menu at the top of My Collection window. I like being able to look at a fairly good size thumbnail when I'm doing that. What good is the ability to disable the clips if has to be disabled to make the playlist work? If I want to make a playlist of clips, however, I'll gladly use the other playlist function of the program for that....limited as it is.

:)

I mean, it's not like I'm a newbie here. I started with VG when the 'Classic' clips were the only clips, lol.

Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3763 post(s)
August 16, 2018
I want to be able to scan through the cards in the list easily and sort them by using the pull down menu at the top of My Collection window.

Take a minute or two to watch my Video.
I think this demonstrates what you want to do.
Load in a Playlist, Add new cards to the Selection, or remove cards.
Then Re-Sort the list using the filters.
And Save the new playlist in sorted order.

Video Link
https://www.virtuastripper.net/video/Playlist-2-Filter-003.mp4

Download link to Software
https://www.virtuastripper.net/files/iStripper-Playlist-2-Active.zip
mathew9696
Joined in Dec 2016

52 post(s)
August 16, 2018
A newer version and girls more beautiful 😘
rtcant
Joined in May 2008

103 post(s)
August 18, 2018
@Wyldanimal

I appreciate you going to the effort of making the videos and that app looks about as simple as it can be made. I applaud your effort and your code, but it's still not as simple as it should be and I don't like using the premade filters in the program. They're not very accurate and sorting them manually is kind of the whole point. :)

Thanks for trying, though, dude.

Nice little App.
moyenmash
Joined in Jun 2013

4 post(s)
August 20, 2018
@rtcant

i too miss that feature..
Saving a Playlist - Saved the List of Enabled Cards, even the Ones Enabled but hidden from view by a filter.
Loading a Playlist - Disabled all other cards, and Only Enabled the cards on the Playlist

But we have a new playlist system now, that now Supports Clip level lists.
and once you get used to it, it is rather powerful.

I keep my collection totally disabled, and use the playlist feature most of the time to watch my collection.
So the cards or Clips are always selected from the Playlist.

To Simulate the Loading of a Play list, and Making only the cards on the Playlist enabled.
I created my own program
that allows me to use the Text Filter box, to Display Only the cards on the Playlist.
Then I can select them all and Enable them all.
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
August 21, 2018
Really ???
I've already asked if you need some help learning how to post here, moyenmash

Seems like all you know how to do is click the easy quote button and post emojis
Sure you don't need some help figuring out how to actually make use of the forum ???

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !