Thanks God It's Friday

Forum / Everything about iStripper

chetwoud
Joined in Apr 2008

3 post(s)
May 14, 2017 (edited)
I'm pissed, if I havn't spent so much money on this I would trash the whole thing
KatzPaw
Joined in Apr 2015

395 post(s)
May 14, 2017
Each envelope contains 5 cards discounted by 20%. At least one to five of these cards are picked up from your wishlist!

It's right in the interface. I pretty much always pass on the package deals, too random, and the cards I don't have I didn't want :P
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
May 14, 2017
@chetwoud

You shouldn't assume that having only five cards in your wishlist somehow meant you would get all of those cards

If you want a "Do Over", return All of the cards and get your credits back, contact customer service

Don't make a habit of using the "F" word in that manner
You will be civil and respectful here

These sales have always been more focused on members without very many cards. A way to allow them to build up their collection and save a few credits in the process. Yet, people with larger collections are always ***** and acting as if they think the sales should be for them
Rex
TEAM
Joined in Sep 2007

365 post(s)
May 14, 2017 (edited)
@chetwoud We're giving a 20% discount because you can't know for sure what wards you're going to get. IT's one to five from your wishlist, not always five otherwise it would be the same as choosing the cards you want. I'm sending you a refund as you feel you've been "ripped of" by this promotion :)
kutta
Joined in Nov 2007

144 post(s)
May 15, 2017
These sales have always been more focused on members without very many cards. A way to allow them to build up their collection and save a few credits in the process. Yet, people with larger collections are always ***** and acting as if they think the sales should be for them

I wouldn't say it's "*****", it's more like advising. Why only cater sales to people with smaller collection, regardless of which cards are being given out the user is still purchasing FIVE cards at one time vs. none because he/she doesn't want to take a chance getting cards they don't like. I would put my money on a wager that allowing people to pick five cards at random from their wishlist would lead to more cards being added to wishlists and more evelopes purchased, because I know I would.
X_true
Joined in Dec 2015

36 post(s)
May 15, 2017
I'm *****, how does the discount work? Is my metal level discounted price then the additional 20%
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1026 post(s)
May 15, 2017
@kutta

Re: Why only cater sales to people with smaller collection,

I don't think that is true. There have been many sales that were targeted equally at all customers. I recall costume sales that offered a discount on a specific list of cards. In many cases I already owned most of those cards, but I could have bought any that I didn't own at a discount. There was a sale on all new cards for a week. That benefited everyone. There have been two recent sales that allowed anyone to buy credits at a discount. I took advantage of both and I will argue that they were aimed more at existing customers who buy a lot of cards than at new customers.

Now I will agree that the bulk of the sales are aimed at enticing new customers to expand their collections. That makes sense to me because new customers offer more potential profit to Totem than existing customers who have already bought a lot of cards. I have never bought the grab bags nor did I buy the subscriptions when they were offered even when my collection was small. They just didn't suite my needs, but I can see why Totem continues to offer them.

You and I get a 45% discount on every card we buy! Totem doesn't have to do that. That is their way of rewarding continuing good customers. Add in the sales we can take advantage of and I think we are getting a pretty good deal.
KatzPaw
Joined in Apr 2015

395 post(s)
May 15, 2017
45% discount and then drop the 50$ for twice the credits... I really feel like I am being rewarded for being a loyal customer. Of course, I had to sell the car to pay for my collection :P
kutta
Joined in Nov 2007

144 post(s)
May 15, 2017
@kDorsai6

I don't think that is true. There have been many sales that were targeted equally at all customers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very appreciative of what Totem is offering to their loyal customers so far. I mean, I've only been using this software for 10 years and continue to show my support :)

I just feel like these envelope sales don't live up to their potential. With the new wishlist system that was added a few versions back, it just doesn't make sense to me to offer cards at random. But maybe it's just me and I'm biased. I know the team here tries to target a broad range of crowds with these offers, I get that, but I feel like more people (small & large collectors) could take advantage of this offer by picking randomly from cards they know they'll like - like the wishlist!
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
May 15, 2017
@kutta - I would find it rather surprising if Totem were to make special offers that simply discounted cards on people's individual wish lists. That would be equivalent to saying pick some cards you like and we will let you have them cheap, which is in turn much the same as just offering a discount on everything - which they have done and which to me makes more sense done drectly than under the disguise of tying it to your wish list.

It seems to me that one of the points of special offers in general is to encourage people to purchase a wider variety of cards than those that they already have, partialy just to sell a few more cards but also in the hope that you find that you do like them and buy more of a similar type at the full price. The inclusion of one or more cards from your wish list in the offer then acts as a sweetener to encourage you to buy the other cards.

The only problems I see with the special offers are the reports that people are not understanding what the offer actualy is and that others are saying that there is no "confirm purchase" button.
X_true
Joined in Dec 2015

36 post(s)
May 15, 2017
well it wasn't too bad, I picked the only gloria xxx card and then 2/4 of the others cards was either a model I liked or had one of my favorite tags.
Arseneo
Joined in Feb 2012

101 post(s)
May 15, 2017
45% discount and then drop the 50$ for twice the credits... I really feel like I am being rewarded for being a loyal customer. Of course, I had to sell the car to pay for my collection :P
ROFL )))

@kutta @KatzPaw @Dorsai6 @TheEmu
ok guys, i think it's enough dreaming how to fit the weekend sales to all wishes, let's the team thinking about it, and we remember that since July 2014 we just waiting our discount levels for x4 diamonds (2000+ cards), x5 diamants (2500+), and x6 collectors (3000+), and so on ;) we loyal and patiently waiting. and we continue constantly purchase the cards by the way ;)
Arseneo
Joined in Feb 2012

101 post(s)
May 15, 2017
oops )) sorry i don't know we are really loyal or not very )) you had to sell your car for pay your collection? and you? and you? no? sorry guys, you not very loyal and be happy with your 45% discount )))
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
May 15, 2017 (edited)
@Arseneo - I am perfectly happy with whatever Totem offer in the way of special offers, and they very rarely affect me in any way as I normaly already have everything on offer. As a triple diamond member I already get a bigger discount than any of the special offers and any one can effectively get a 50% discount by buying 500 credits at a time. Combining the two gives me a huge overall discount over the nominal card price and I can hardly ***** if I can not take advantage of the special offers - if I got much more then Totem would almost be paying me to take the cards. I would have no complaints if Totem made some special offers that only those with very small collections could take advantage of, something to encourage them to move up to a bigger collection - though there would probably a stream of complaints from some who felt that they had just missed out on such offers.

When I first started collecting I was rather selective about which cards I bought, very often basing my decisions on the style of clothing worn by the performers. But I benefited from what were then called booster packs and, somewhat belatedly, from the subscription service that Totem then offered. The booster packs in particular tempted me to buy some types of cards that I probably would not then have bought as single cards, themes like Nurses and Cops as well as showing me models that I had not previously seen or appreciated. It turned out I was happy with what I got from the booster packs and bought more of the same. The special offers now serve the same purpose and, at least in part, encourage people to try new things to see if they like them or not. Of course some of the special offers, like the old booster packs, also tempt people to buy even more than they otherwise would of those types of cards that they already know they like.

I do find it amusing that some people seem to think that all special offers should allow them to pick the cards themselves, i.e. be equivalent to a price reduction on all cards. I think there has been at least one that was a general price decrease and there certainly was one that offered a 20% bonus on any credits that were bought, but I can not see that such offers would be the norm otherwise what would be the point of the normal way to buy cards.
cobrasu
Joined in May 2015

56 post(s)
May 15, 2017
I really want to refund credicts for this deal.I don't see any card from my wishlist.I felt to be fooled.
Manue
TEAM
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Joined in Nov 2014

1028 post(s)
May 15, 2017
@cobrasu Hi, please log a ticket and we will get back to you asap, thank you : )
cobrasu
Joined in May 2015

56 post(s)
May 15, 2017
@cobrasu Hi, please log a ticket and we will get back to you asap, thank you : )

0073.0443.0709.0048.0194 The 5 cards are really not on my wishlist,I even not to view one of them.
cobrasu
Joined in May 2015

56 post(s)
May 15, 2017

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3mwp41yap1klpo/ticket.jpg?dl=0
Manue
TEAM
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Joined in Nov 2014

1028 post(s)
May 15, 2017
@cobrasu Hi, please log a ticket through the customer service or send us an email to [email protected] with all the details and we will get back to you asap, thank you : )
dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

441 post(s)
May 16, 2017
@theEmu, you are spot on. There is nothing to ***** about in the special offers; the offers only add additional value. If you have enough cards to achieve diamond status then you are already getting a discount. I have more than 1/2 the cards so it's rare that a sale card is one I'm interested in or I already have it. I'll not by buy random cards but will pickup cards that I was on the fence on if I see them on sale.

I will add that I think Totem should consider bringing back subscriptions with a 10-20% discount. Personally I have no interest but for those looking who want all the cards or just want to build up their collections it's a fair deal. It's a steady revenue source for totem and the subscriber gets a steady discount.

Those who buy the random card offers then ***** about the cards they get; I don't understand? The terms were clearly stated. If you received at least 1 card that you have marked as a favorite then you have nothing to ***** about? And if you had no cards marked as a favorite ... well what were you thinking?

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !