Thanks God It's Friday

Forum / Everything about iStripper

Titanium25
Joined in Dec 2007

16 post(s)
May 12, 2017
I only buy 3K cards now, since I have big, 4k screens and older cards look terrible. Do these mystery packs include lower definition cards? Because if so, I'd end up with cards I will never watch.
redforleather
Joined in Jan 2009

126 post(s)
May 12, 2017
@Titanium25: From my experience with previous mystery packs, and also with this offer, Totem first chooses all 3K cards you don't own and then proceeds to the lower video quality cards (1080,720).

That's also why I found the earlier Team answer a bit misleading. Of course, all collections are included as far as the wishlist goes (and are picked at random), but the other envelope cards seem to go from highest video quality to lowest, as in other offers of this kind.

For anyone interested, once you open an envelope, before purchasing it, you see the price and clicking on the question mark it explains to you how this price is calculated. In this way, you can generally tell the video quality of the cards included, i.e. 125 credits (without discount) equals 5 3K cards, 120 credits 4 3K and one 1080p card, etc.

Personally, although I really had a go at earlier mystery offers, with this one I realize that I am getting to the point of not needing many more of the 100 or so 3K cards still available to me, and am much more interested in discovering older 1080p or 720p cards (of the later, better quality). If there were an option to select the video quality of the cards in these mystery offers, I'd be all over them.
I also understand, though, how it is not profitable, and maybe also not easily feasible, for Totem to offer anything else than their most expensive product to each respective costumer.
So I might also stick with the preview discounts from now on (which are great, by the way, thought they'd be annoying but discovered a lot of great models that way).

This moved slightly off topic, sorry, but at least the relevant info is at the beginning of the post...

Cheers, red
Titanium25
Joined in Dec 2007

16 post(s)
May 12, 2017
@redforleather : Thanks for the reply. So this is a good deal for me then, since there is very few 3k cards I wouldn't want and still a lot for me to purchase. I just don't want any lower than 3k, since they look ***** on my big screens (which is a shame since I have tons of them from the past I really liked). Wish Totem could remaster them all.

Think I'll get me some more mystery packs then.
spacedragon64
Joined in Apr 2008

119 post(s)
May 13, 2017
Again, a promo...good for peoples without much cards.
Buying 4 cards out of 5 without choosing it isn't a good deal.
Surely good for Totem, since you multiply this oiffer every few weeks....but not for me.
JayZ971
Joined in Mar 2009

2211 post(s)
May 13, 2017
Not for me........ need to see the cards beforehand.
manic57
Joined in Nov 2007

22 post(s)
May 13, 2017
Its too much of a gamble for me. I have to 'try' and stick to a budget. Lol!
Impulsive2009
Joined in May 2009

28 post(s)
May 13, 2017 (edited)
Honestly these can be worth it to me. The mystery for one and the bonus of discovering a new girl. Sometimes you can be amazed at what your missing.
dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

441 post(s)
May 13, 2017
I have to pass. I'd rather pay full price then risk a card that I don't want. Way to high risk vs reward for me.

But I can see how it would benefit new member or those with very few cards.
Titanium25
Joined in Dec 2007

16 post(s)
May 13, 2017
So I bought a booster pack and downloaded the cards, but they say "Coming Soon" and will not allow me to play them.

I have restarted iStripper, verified the date and time on my computer is correct, and tried synchronizing with the server.

I have bought 3 packs today and it only did it with the last one. Worried about buying another one now.
Sakaruma
Joined in Nov 2009

30 post(s)
May 13, 2017
I bought a mystery envelope and none of the cards are from my wishlist :(

Very disappointing. I won't buy anymore of these.
Sakaruma
Joined in Nov 2009

30 post(s)
May 13, 2017
I bought a mystery envelope and none of the cards are from my wishlist :(

Very disappointing. I won't buy anymore of these.
RockinTheBoat
Joined in Nov 2008

24 post(s)
May 13, 2017
So I bought a booster pack and downloaded the cards, but they say "Coming Soon" and will not allow me to play them.

I have restarted iStripper, verified the date and time on my computer is correct, and tried synchronizing with the server.

I too am currently having this problem.
Sakaruma
Joined in Nov 2009

30 post(s)
May 13, 2017
Correction. I goofed up and had models mixed up in my Wish List. My apologies. There was no error with my envelope.
Cowboy33
Joined in Jul 2009

6 post(s)
May 13, 2017
Not intersted in gambling with my credits, prefer to make my own choices!
Yauguds
Joined in Jul 2009

27 post(s)
May 13, 2017
I don't like blind dates... so, no gambling for me!
pumpdude48
Joined in May 2016

390 post(s)
May 13, 2017 (edited)
The "coming soon" thing happens regularly with these types of sales.

I got it every time they had one of these promotions over the last year.

Not sure why it happens to some folks and not others. I got it every time.

Others will tell you to check your machine's time setting but both of mine are set to sync with microsoft automatically, so they were never off by more than a partial second that I could tell (and I checked with NOAA/WWV (303) 499-7111) but I still got the tags.

I have found that if you manually set your computer to Paris standard time (GMT +1), the coming soon tag goes away. However, if you set the time back to your local time that same day, the tags come back.

Otherwise you have to wait for midnight to pass where ever you are and they go away on their own.
Impulsive2009
Joined in May 2009

28 post(s)
May 13, 2017
The "coming soon" thing happens regularly with these types of sales.

I got it every time they had one of these promotions over the last year.

Not sure why it happens to some folks and not others. I got it every time.

Others will tell you to check your machine's time setting but both of mine are set to sync with microsoft automatically, so they were never off by more than a partial second that I could tell (and I checked with NOAA/WWV (303) 499-7111) but I still got the tags.

I have found that if you manually set your computer to Paris standard time (GMT +1), the coming soon tag goes away. However, if you set the time back to your local time that same day, the tags come back.

Otherwise you have to wait for midnight to pass where ever you are and they go away on their own.

You are correct if you change the computer clock to Paris time they will unlock
kutta
Joined in Nov 2007

144 post(s)
May 13, 2017
How about envelopes that contain only cards in my wishlist? I don't like to gamble with my credit, if I know I'll get all 5 I like I would proabably bite. Plus users with large collections will likely lose rather than win with this promo
Drgirlfriend
Joined in Jan 2013

1 post(s)
May 13, 2017 (edited)
From my experience with previous mystery packs, and also with this offer, Totem first chooses all 3K cards you don't own and then proceeds to the lower video quality cards (1080,720).

Can confirm this post. While the offer is completely random, your initial packs will be 4 -3k cards + 1 random card from your wishlist.

Edit by Mod:
Use of nude photos for avatars is prohibited Drgirlfriend
Yours had to be removed
Please upload a new non-nude photo for an avatar

Thank You
Firescale
Joined in Feb 2011

127 post(s)
May 13, 2017
I, for one, like the packs. now that they do not contain cards I already have.

And I am a bit ***** why so many posts seem to be negative about these mystery packs. Totem, as I see it, makes a nice offer for us customers and, I am sure, it cost time and resources to do so.

I understand that every special offer isn't for everyone. A while ago there was a offer that you got extra credits when you bought new credits. Maybe that was more to your taste?

If the Totem team continues to get flak when they try to increase the interest in their prodcut they may decide to stop doing so. And I think we would all be saddened to see the different special offers go.

Joined in Aug 2008

42 post(s)
May 13, 2017
Thing is - they (and me, doh) rant not about different specials, in fact those are the same special, wrapped in different paper. Their core stays the same - buy some random cards, with or without the ability to see them before buying. Now, such offer is good for the collectors (members who buy all the shows anyway, for them its just flat discount), but terrible for pickers (people who try to chose what to have). The math is ***** - at least one card you'd never want even for free, and the offer is mute.
I don't know (and don't want to guess) if such offers are attractive for new members. I have to suppose they are - otherwise Totem would discontinue them.
I personally prefer "discount on selected shows" (reverse - good for pickers, less good for collectors) and "buy 5, get the last for free" (good for all) specials.

Considering the wishlist - mine is empty. If i wish to buy the show, i buy it. If i am on the fence, i will definitely remember it if it's on sale. But imho the much better appreciated special would be "buy 5 shows, get one from wishlist for free". It is harder to do technically i believe, but that one would at least motivate me to use the feature ^^
lukaszr
Joined in Dec 2007

719 post(s)
May 13, 2017
How about envelopes that contain only cards in my wishlist?

That would be so beautiful, if not too beautiful. Especialy because you can add to wishlist as many cards as you want, and all of them would be 20% cheaper.
Backes
Joined in Jan 2017

78 post(s)
May 13, 2017
I don't think this is a bad offer. But I use the wishlist more as a notepad, would have to take a closer look at many of the cards and clean the wishlist. Unfortunately I do not have the time at the moment. May be next time :)
stefnev1
Joined in Jul 2008

4463 post(s)
May 13, 2017
One week absolutely amazing, with wonderful girls in great shows.
One girl particularly, Mikki : I completely fell for her, she has a body of a goddess 💋💖
kutta
Joined in Nov 2007

144 post(s)
May 13, 2017 (edited)
That would be so beautiful, if not too beautiful. Especialy because you can add to wishlist as many cards as you want, and all of them would be 20% cheaper.

Then maybe do envelopes (with all wishlist cards) where one to five cards maybe discounted to 20%. I'm still getting the cards I want but taking a chance as to how many I'll actually save on. I think most users would agree that no price is worth paying for cards that they dislike, even if that card is only 1 credit.
penguinzeal
Joined in Feb 2017

1 post(s)
May 14, 2017
Great stuff!
smudge46
Joined in May 2008

8 post(s)
May 14, 2017
I liked this promotion, 5 seems to be a good number for randomish cards, each pack isn't that crazy expensive but they still have a decent variety of cards.

Buying 10 cards blindly seems far more daunting.
iambeauteous
Joined in Jun 2015

46 post(s)
May 14, 2017
i cannot find where to add to wishlist
chetwoud
Joined in Apr 2008

3 post(s)
May 14, 2017
I feel I got ripped off, it said make a wish envelope contained one to five on your wish list, I only had five on my wish list and I only got one, if I wanted the other girls I would have bought them, what a rip, don't fall for this, I won't for now on damn it to hell what a waste
chetwoud
Joined in Apr 2008

3 post(s)
May 14, 2017
damn it totem, Ive been a costomer for a long time, you don't need to rip me off to get me to buy *****

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !