Thank God it's Advent Calendar!

Foro / Todo sobre iStripper

Manue
EQUIPO
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Desde en Nov 2014

1028 posts
December 7, 2018
@BlueKnight Hi, I have escalated your issue to the Team. we will get back to you asap
Manue
EQUIPO
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Desde en Nov 2014

1028 posts
December 7, 2018
@BlueKnight Fixed. Please click on sync with server. Have fun : )
Number6
Desde en Oct 2010

1098 posts
December 7, 2018
Got back from work a little easrlier than expected so.......

On the 7th Day of Christmas my Advent Calendar sent to me.......

Lena Reif😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Looks like we may have another star - she is a real pleasure to watch.
boan000
Desde en Apr 2008

270 posts
December 7, 2018
Who knows where the advent calendar background image is stored? I just looked in the data folder and couldn't find it; I'd like to use it as a wallpaper.
BlueKnight
Desde en Nov 2007

6 posts
December 7, 2018
Thank you for the fast fix, Manue. Please deliver my thanks to the fixing team!
ChaoticFrost
Desde en Nov 2018

22 posts
December 7, 2018
Who knows where the advent calendar background image is stored? I just looked in the data folder and couldn't find it; I'd like to use it as a wallpaper.

as long as you clicked the download button it should be in the similar location, but instead of clicking on the data folder under vghd click on bin and you should find them
DANO70
Desde en Feb 2008

741 posts
December 7, 2018
@Number6

I'll be picking that one up tomorrow😍
boan000
Desde en Apr 2008

270 posts
December 7, 2018 (edited)
as long as you clicked the download button it should be in the similar location, but instead of clicking on the data folder under vghd click on bin and you should find them

@ChaoticFrost, as long as I clicked the download button for what? Maybe you misunderstood? I am looking for an it, not a they...

And if you mean C:\Users\PROFILE NAME\AppData\Local\vghd\bin, it's not there either.
DANO70
Desde en Feb 2008

741 posts
December 7, 2018
@boan000

I looked through all sorts of temp & cache folders I don't see it. Maybe @Wyldanimal or Spiderman would know. It may be one of the D file types in the Data/cache5 folder we can't view.
boan000
Desde en Apr 2008

270 posts
December 7, 2018
We have temp and cache folders for iStripper? LOL... I've been using VG since it's first iteration and I am still a noob!
DANO70
Desde en Feb 2008

741 posts
December 7, 2018
Good question...They have to store things like that temporarly somewhere.😂
lukaszr
Desde en Dec 2007

719 posts
Go to data folder. The default path is:

C:\Users\PROFILE NAME\AppData\Local\vghd\data

When you'll be inside of that folder, go to cache5/data8 subfolder. You should see dozen of subfolders named "0", "1", "2", "3" etc. The background image is in 2 folder. Look for this file:

15y5iql2.d

However, it can be hard to open this file, because changing extension will be not enough. I advise to install the IrfanView program. This little yet powerfull application will let you open the file. Then, just save the file as jpg or png.
boan000
Desde en Apr 2008

270 posts
December 7, 2018
Yeah, I accidentally stumbled on a png file for one of the promotions recently, but I forgot where I found it... or how. 😕
lukaszr
Desde en Dec 2007

719 posts
December 7, 2018
You can open the .d files in any hex editor. I'm using Notepad++ with HEX-Editor plugin.

You will see the original file path at the beginning of every file. For the background image it will be:
http://webcdn.desktopware.com/img/special/advent2018/calendar.png
DANO70
Desde en Feb 2008

741 posts
December 7, 2018
Thanx @lukaszr... at least I was in the right location😆
boan000
Desde en Apr 2008

270 posts
December 7, 2018
When you'll be inside of that folder, go to cache5/data8 subfolder. You should see dozen of subfolders named "0", "1", "2", "3" etc. The background image is in 2 folder. Look for this file:

Weird, I only have two subfolders there, skins and web

lukaszr
Desde en Dec 2007

719 posts
December 7, 2018
Another trick: close iStripper, disable your internet connection and run iStripper again.
Internet is disconnected, so iStripper can not connect to the istripper servers and it will write a log to the vghd.log file.
Open the vghd.log and scroll down to the bottom. Among few entries you will find this link:

http://www.istripper.com/software/specialevent/advent2018

You can open this link in any web browser, inspect the source code and save the image from there.
lukaszr
Desde en Dec 2007

719 posts
December 7, 2018
@boan000
Where is your collection stored? I mean all the clips and card images?
boan000
Desde en Apr 2008

270 posts
You can open the .d files in any hex editor. I'm using Notepad++ with HEX-Editor plugin.

You will see the original file path at the beginning of every file. For the background image it will be:
http://webcdn.desktopware.com/img/special/advent2018/calendar.png

Well, I still do not see that folder, but thanks for the link ... it has the calendar doors, so I won't be using it any way. I still would like to find that folder for future images I may want. I know how to use a hex editor, and FastStone pretty much opens anything that is viewable.
boan000
Desde en Apr 2008

270 posts
December 7, 2018
@boan000
Where is your collection stored? I mean all the clips and card images?

On an external drive. That's one of the 2 data dolders I checked, but don't have a cache folder there either. The other one is the one you mentioned - I looked there and in the bin folder on ChaoticFrost's advice.
boan000
Desde en Apr 2008

270 posts
December 7, 2018
Another trick: close iStripper, disable your internet connection and run iStripper again.
Internet is disconnected, so iStripper can not connect to the istripper servers and it will write a log to the vghd.log file.
Open the vghd.log and scroll down to the bottom. Among few entries you will find this link:

http://www.istripper.com/software/specialevent/advent2018

You can open this link in any web browser, inspect the source code and save the image from there.

LOL, maybe you can, but...
lukaszr
Desde en Dec 2007

719 posts
December 7, 2018
That's strange. I'm not sure, but I would try to display all hidden and protected files/folders and look for it again, or
try to find it with Windows Search function.

LOL, maybe you can, but...
Just login to the istripper website with your login and password and BOOM, you have it.
DANO70
Desde en Feb 2008

741 posts
December 7, 2018
It should be among all the card image folders where ever that is on your external...''cache5'' like lukas says your hidden files setting may be preventing it's view.
virtuagirlsucks
Desde en Sep 2009

6 posts
For reason stated last year I won't participate in this thing.

I got this last year and had to put up with a lot of cards I did not want. After waiting till the end and dealing with tons of techinicals errors, I got a stupid and lame Niemarra card which I didn't really want.

I guess this year, there might actually be a decent card. but I'm not about to spend $50 to gamble with my curiosity.
DANO70
Desde en Feb 2008

741 posts
December 7, 2018
I don't have the calender but infranview does the trick.
boan000
Desde en Apr 2008

270 posts
December 7, 2018
That's strange. I'm not sure, but I would try to display all hidden and protected files/folders and look for it again, or
try to find it with Windows Search function.

That's what I did. And as it turns out, I simply overlooked the cache5 folder. I was looking between the axxxx and cxxxx folders instead of between the cxxxx and dxxxx, LOL. OOPS! Operator head space. And as it turns out, FastStone can't handle that file, so I guess I'll be installing InfranView. Were you able to find the file by browsing the folders with InfranView?
DANO70
Desde en Feb 2008

741 posts
December 7, 2018
Well you have to change what app it opens with, just find the infranview app then open it with it.
boan000
Desde en Apr 2008

270 posts
Well you have to change what app it opens with, just find the infranview app then open it with it.

I mean does it have a browser where you can view the subfolders of data8 and look at thumbs of the .d files containing images?
boan000
Desde en Apr 2008

270 posts
December 7, 2018
well, I'll go install it now, soI guess I'll be finding out soon enough.
lukaszr
Desde en Dec 2007

719 posts
December 7, 2018
If you want to save time you can quit iStripper, delete the cache5 folder and run iStripper again. iStripper will recreate the cache5 folder. You will have less files to check.

iStripper works somewhat like a web browser. Just like the web browser, iStripper caches all the files necessary for the proper display of the website, including images (.jpg and .png), JavaScript (.js), fonts (.ttf) and stylesheets (.css). All of these files can be found in cache5 folder (and subfolders). Not all files can be opened with IrfanView. If IrfanView will be not able to open something, it will mean that the file is not an image.

No estás autorizado a participar aun

Como usuario gratuito iStripper, no se te permite responder a un tema en el foro o crear un nuevo tema
Pero podrás acceder a las categorías y conceptos básicos y ponerte en contacto con nuestra comunidad.!