Thank God It's Friday!

Foro / Todo sobre iStripper

lukaszr
Desde en Dec 2007

719 posts
September 2, 2018
Valve can block your Steam account if they notice that you have used VPN. Their terms and conditions says that. Will Totem also block your iStripper account in similiar situation? (Look again at China)

PS: I wan't dollars too 😕
TheEmu
Desde en Jul 2012

3309 posts
September 2, 2018
@Z22 - Your IP address did not change, a VPN hides it so that others do not see your actual IP address. If you deliberately do this to avoid tax then it is almost certainly tax fraud just as much as if you had entered false information on a paper form. You will probably not ***** for it but that does not make it legal.
Z22
Desde en Aug 2017

1166 posts
September 2, 2018
I didn't say i actually used it to avoid local taxes or prices. Just that you can, as you say thats a bit naughty. As is i have probably been paying over the odds as i usually pay via epoc and paypal, epoc have us/canada phone numbers but not eu or uk so i doubt they actualy transfer the tax i pay to the uk gov.

Steam say they can ban you for using a vpn but i have been using one for about a decade without problems(i pay in £).
Wyldanimal
MODERADOR
Desde en Mar 2008

3790 posts
September 2, 2018 (edited)
The Billing is handled by 3rd party
By changing you VPN or IP address, you are Committing an International Finance crime.
Let's hope the 3rd party biller does not catch up with you.

you ability to purchase credits may well end.

Probably, the Biller will catch the Difference between you IP address and the billing Address on your payment type.
As many other have experienced, the billler will void out the transaction, and Totem will take back the credits and all cards purchased with the credits.

Remember,
your actions also Affects the 3rd party biller's business.

If you really want an Explanation, then write to the Customer Service Department of the 3rd party Billers.

Z22
Desde en Aug 2017

1166 posts
September 2, 2018
Again, i didn't say that i did. Do you want to see my email receipts from epoch?
Number6
Desde en Oct 2010

1103 posts
For those of you in the EU where the Euro is your normal currrency count yourselves lucky.

Your apparent difference in payments between USD and Euro is probably down to the exchange rate and VAT.

Those of us in the UK, thanks to the stupidest decison that 52% of the UK population has ever made, means we are really hit by the exchange rate.

We are not in the Euro but get charged in Euros. 5 years ago I was paying around 32GBP for 500 credits. My Weekend transactions for reloads were around 46 GBP per reload, which is a 43% percent rise. Nothing to do with Totem purely a problem of exchange rates.

We have a similar problem with Petrol (Gas)/Diesel as it is priced in US dollars on the internatonal markets.

I am sure that many of the people that voted for Brexit purely on racist grounds did ot foresee or did not care about the exchange rate/financial implications.

So @Dfner your perceived 10% loss is miniscule compared to mine. It is not Totems fault. They set what they thought was a reasonable price and as @TheEmu says thay are possibly actually making more out of the USD transaction than the Euro ones.

And I fully agree with @TheEmu and @Wyldanimal - avoidance of tax payments by using VPN is fraud and there are severe penalties for this if caught.

My thoughts are if the UK goes ahead with this insane withdrawal from the EU, the GBP will eventually stabilise against the Euro and the USD but probably at a much lower level than before Brexit was floated. My one main argument for joining the Euro years ago was that things like this would not have been so much of a problem.
Z22
Desde en Aug 2017

1166 posts
September 2, 2018
@number6, you may want to check the corporate tax rate across europe, uk is one of if not the lowest, where do you think big companies want to base their operations? The uk has the 5th highest gdp in the world. I'm with the Queen, "give me 3 good reasons to remain in the eu"(non fearmongering reasons).
Number6
Desde en Oct 2010

1103 posts
@Z22

I am not looking for political arguments (although I disagree with your statements).

Purely from the financial point of view I am now paying 43% for iStripper than I was prior to Brexit. I am paying about 30p per litre more for petrol (around 33% per litre) since Brexit. It has done nothing for me on the financial side other than cost me money, both in the short term and probably the long term. Had we gone int the Euro long ago we would only have been concerned with fluctuations between USD and Euro not GBP and both of them.

But this is now starting to get way off topic.
Z22
Desde en Aug 2017

1166 posts
September 2, 2018
Agreed, just a tad off topic.
91hebasu
Desde en Jan 2008

1146 posts
A bit of info for those trying to cheat the system

Some members using VPN's have had their credit purchases canceled by the billers. All the remaining purchased credits have been removed from their account and all cards purchased with those credits have been removed from their account.

If this happens to you, it's all on you. Don't come crying to Totem about it.

Also........
Starting to get off topic ?
It's been off topic for two pages
spoophmaniac
Desde en Dec 2007

128 posts
September 2, 2018
Just a few recommendations here... I checked your collection and - while keeping in mind you are specifically interested in 3K cards with pole performances - I noticed you have 0 (zero) cards from following:

Belle Claire (at least "Special Night" has some pole dancing clips. She has AMAZING all natural body)
Cara Mell (most if not all of her cards have pole dancing. Very sexy, all natural girl, seems to enjoy performing more than your average performer)
Abigaile Johnson (only one of her cards is in 1080p ("Deserted Island"), and none in 3K unfortunately, but I think you'd enjoy the "Deserted Island" card. Some nice pole dancing there, and she must be one of the most beautiful of all performers in iStripper...)
Blake Eden (all her 4 cards have some nice pole dancing action)

Above 4 performers are picked just because you seem to have no cards at all from them by now, there are way more I could have recommended otherwise...

I think they are worth checking out - they are very charismatic performers.

Thank you very much @Dfner I am making a list from your suggestions of the ones I like and I will see if they get discounted over the next little while with other promotions. Great suggestions by the way. Foxy is amazing but on the dreads are keeping me from purchasing her cards outright.
spoophmaniac
Desde en Dec 2007

128 posts
September 2, 2018
Carolina Abril 😍 has a great personality

thank you @muttonjeff
I have some of her cards already she is very entertaining to watch.
I will consider her other cards when a sale or promotion comes around.
spoophmaniac
Desde en Dec 2007

128 posts
September 2, 2018
Reloaded credits now I just need some advice on which girls to get.
I am looking for girls in the Crystal Clear 3K Category only and regular iStripper not XXX unless they do a pole dance without talking.

Well I don't see any Foxy in your collection.

She is the absolute queen of the pole..

Regular iStripper card. Can't guarantee there is no talking as I have the audio off.

I have been doing some personal Music Videos featuring the girls. I have recently done one of Foxy - Link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek9dm5s9okfzbe9/Foxy%20-%20Fleetwood%20Mac_Albatross.mkv?dl=0

If you have a good enough internet connection I suggest you download it for a slightly better quality. The file size is about 85MB

Please note this video is not in the public domain. I have shared it nowhere other than within this forum. Please do not post it anywhere else. I have put an iStripper logo on it anyway but I am doing these purely for personal use. I have only shared this one because you expressed an interest in girls who do the pole. There is no-one better than Foxy (IMHO).

Please note also that Fractal background in the video is one of @lunarpup"s beautiful creations.

Thank you @Number6 for the suggestion of Foxy and for the video.
I have to make one of those vids as well my fave iStripper model or models.
If I do I will send you a private link to the vid.
Her dreads are the only thing keeping me from buying her shows at the moment.
I may pick up some of her shows during another promotion.
spoophmaniac
Desde en Dec 2007

128 posts
September 2, 2018
@Dnfer I meant to say Cara Mell in my post to you.
She looks entertaining so I might pick her shows up when they are up for promotion.

Why can't I edit my posts?
Chicsans
Desde en Jul 2009

770 posts
September 2, 2018
@spoophmaniac ; You can only edit your last post. If you post a reply to someone, then create another post in the same thread again, replying to someone else you will not be able to edit the post that you made to the first someone.

If a post is added after yours, you will not be able to edit
spoophmaniac
Desde en Dec 2007

128 posts
September 2, 2018
@spoophmaniac ; You can only edit your last post. If you post a reply to someone, then create another post in the same thread again, replying to someone else you will not be able to edit the post that you made to the first someone.

If a post is added after yours, you will not be able to edit

Thank you for the reply @Chicsans now I know to double check before I post.

bpm14
Desde en Dec 2015

7 posts
September 2, 2018
What is the deal with paypal? I've never had a problem using it before, all of my credits have been bought with it since I joined iStripper. I used it to buy 500 credits on August 4th and again on August 19th and it worked fine. Now that I want to take advantage of the bonus credit sale all of a sudden it is not available? That is just wrong!
91hebasu
Desde en Jan 2008

1146 posts
September 2, 2018
Totem's never had anything to do with that.

It's the third party biller. They require a certain ratio be maintained between credit card purchases and paypal purchases. They temporarily disable the payment option to allow some credit card purchases and then re-enable it. "Temporarily Disabled" being the key words there.

Again........

Totem's never had anything to do with that.
Marven
Desde en Sep 2017

35 posts
September 2, 2018
This promotion arrived right on time, I'm down to 24 credits, time to buy some more! Thanks Totem!
peterbanker
Desde en Jan 2009

214 posts
September 2, 2018
@Number6

I resent you calling me stupid.

For everyones information, part of the problem with you having to buy credits in Euros instead of the currency of your choice is not Totems fault but the EU insisting that customers are billed in Euros.

I can remember being able to buy my credits in USD
TheEmu
Desde en Jul 2012

3309 posts
The EU do not insist on Europeans paying in Euros - that would be impossible because because several states in the EU do not use euros. What they do insist on is that VAT is paid. However, it is oftn more convenient for the seller to only quote prices in a single currency or a small number of currencies.
Chicsans
Desde en Jul 2009

770 posts
September 2, 2018
@Number6

I resent you calling me stupid.

He did not call you stupid. He wrote that the decision for GB to leave the EU was stupid.

For what it's worth, @Number6 is one of the few members that I like here, and such statements are likely to irritate him more and keep him in exile from the forums.
Marven
Desde en Sep 2017

35 posts
In iStrippers Terms and Conditions (you all should have read them and know this 😆) it's mentioned:
"For all aspects of the Product that require you to pay a fee, you agree that you will provide accurate and complete payment information to the third-party payment provider used by Totem Entertainment. You further agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using an Account registered to you."

If you, for example by using a VPN, buy credits as if you were living in the US while actually you live in a European country, you are violating the Terms and Conditions.

As for the price difference between EUR and USD, as stated before, this difference comes down to tax, specifically VAT.
If you are living in the EU and as mentioned before by use of VPN buy credits as if you are from the US, you pay less for the same amount of credits due to less tax.
So for anyone crying about why it's cheaper in USD, that's because of the tax, Totem has no influence over this, if you want to blame anyone, blame your government / EU government for imposing such a high tax rate, (or blame the US government for not imposing a higher tax rate, whichever works best for you).

Most other digital products online work the same. With the logic behind this that the difference in exchange rate between EUR and USD is about equal to the difference in VAT.
(for example I checked Blizzard Entertainments (video game company) EU and US store, their prices were identical just in EUR in the EU store and in USD in the US one, just like Totem.

Also Totem HAS to accept euros as it's France's (or the whole Eurozone's for that matter) legal tender, they are technically free to accept other currencies even from customers inside the Eurozone countries, but that would be a waste as it would do nothing but add exchange cost.
So if they were to bill you (living in EU) in USD instead of EUR, it would not be 49,99 USD for 500 credits, it would be equal to 49,99 EUR converted to USD, which at current exchange rate is around 58,10 USD.
By this logic Totem accepts USD for their customers in the US, as a courtecy to them, as they are as far as I'm aware not obligated to do so (or there is a US law which I'm not aware of which states that non-US companies have to bill in USD to US customers).

Hope this clears things up for anyone who was wondering why they are seamingly paying more as others.

Now go buy those credits while the bonus still lasts and enjoy the shows, I know I will 😉
Z22
Desde en Aug 2017

1166 posts
...and if you are in romania or one of the other countries where you get to choose which currency you pay in, choose dollars.

This does beg a question. If Romania (which is a member of the EU but not part of the euro) can choose to pay in dollars why can't someone from the u.k or poland, both of which are(currently) eu members but not part of the euro?
64buick2
Desde en Jul 2008

101 posts
September 2, 2018
I paid in US funds and I live in Canada. No problem up here. The conversion to Canadian dollars worked out fine and was at the same rate for the day.
Alkasyn
Desde en Apr 2008

708 posts
September 3, 2018
No, the problem with Paypal is not only about it being turned off (greying out) from time to time. Every time I try to use it to pruchase credits I get the following error message:

Your payment has been refused by our biller

Your payment has been refused by one of our billing processors. We have assigned a new billing processor to your transaction, please choose your package to try again.

No idea what it means but it's annoying, as Paypal would give me much better exchange rate than what I actually have to pay.

I was honestly hoping this would eventually be fied, but it looks here to stay.
Wyldanimal
MODERADOR
Desde en Mar 2008

3790 posts
September 3, 2018
No, the problem with Paypal is not only about it being turned off (greying out) from time to time. Every time I try to use it to pruchase credits I get the following error message:

Your payment has been refused by our biller

Your payment has been refused by one of our billing processors. We have assigned a new billing processor to your transaction, please choose your package to try again.

Which Billier did yo try to use.
Contact that Billers Customer Service Department.
Totem has no Control over this..

You must address this issue directly with the company responsible for doing the Billing.

It's like having your Car Damaged at the Car wash, and Taking it back to the Dealer where you bought the car to try and *****.
The Issue is with the Car Wash that damaged the car, not the Car Dealer..

Same here, Issue is with the Biller, Not Totem.

Manue
EQUIPO
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Desde en Nov 2014

1031 posts
September 3, 2018 (edited)
Hi all, it is due to the VAT (EU) It is nothing to do with us.
Z22
Desde en Aug 2017

1166 posts
September 3, 2018
Sorry but that sounds like passing the buck.

The question is why can romania choose to pay in euro or dollars and the uk and poland have to pay in euro when all 3 are in the same situation, part of the eu but not part of the euro.
duras
Desde en Nov 2010

114 posts
September 3, 2018 (edited)
The question is why can romania choose to pay in euro or dollars and the uk and poland have to pay in euro when all 3 are in the same situation, part of the eu but not part of the euro.

I'm from Romania, and we can pay only in euros. Before, when it was Virtuagirl HD, we could choose between euros and dollars, but with Istripper it's only in euros.

No estás autorizado a participar aun

Como usuario gratuito iStripper, no se te permite responder a un tema en el foro o crear un nuevo tema
Pero podrás acceder a las categorías y conceptos básicos y ponerte en contacto con nuestra comunidad.!