Is Rebuild Collection safe?  

Forum / Wszystko o iStripper

Evaneself

308 post(y/ów)
15 dni temu
Hi! I have a difference between the number of show folders on the HDD and the number of shows in the Collection. On the HDD, I have 6 folders in addition to those in the Collection.
Is it safe to press Rebuild Collection to fix this difference?
I'm thinking about the shows that are no longer on the server to not lose them in my Collection.
Yes, I already have those shows saved in other folders, but I don't want an extra problem, like not being able to find certain shows in my Collection, because they are no longer on the server.
Evaneself

308 post(y/ów)
15 dni temu (edited)
Did any girl disappear with her six shows this month from Collection?
Iram00

58 post(y/ów)
15 dni temu (edited)
Press rebuilts is tellen the software to look in the models folder for all the clips is still there and add/remove the clips in the software cliplist. It does not remove any files from your HD/SSD.

It also does not check with the server so if you have a show that is remove from the server (on requset of the model) but have the files, It still be in your collection after the check.

One note it can take asome time for the app to check all the files. Just wait until it is done.
Wyldanimal

3762 post(y/ów)
14 dni temu
Rebuild Collection is 100% safe to run.
Rebuild makes an Inventory of every card and every clip downloaded to your Local HDD.

Rebuild is totally different that Update.
Never use Update on cards that have been removed from the Store.
Evaneself

308 post(y/ów)
14 dni temu
Thank you very much!!! 💓
muttonjeff

653 post(y/ów)
11 dni temu
Never use Update on cards that have been removed from the Store.

@Wyldanimal
does that also apply if I want to change/increase the downloaded resolution ? (e.g. 1080 to 3K) ?
will I lose the card ??
Evaneself

308 post(y/ów)
11 dni temu (edited)
If you want to download other resolutions of a deleted girl from server, you won't find any other version of that card on the server, not even your current resolution.
Only your iStripper app keeps the girl's files removed from the server.
You should save your card in different resolutions before the girl would be deleted. Saved in different folders, just like the photo archives and videos of that card. The "data" folder contains some files needed for your account with your models / cards. This "data" folder must have a second copy too.
I believe that we will lose the card.
Iram00

58 post(y/ów)
11 dni temu
@Wyldanimaldoes that also apply if I want to change/increase the downloaded resolution ? (e.g. 1080 to 3K) ?will I lose the card ??

If the model request to remove from the store you can still redownload the card in any resolution.

If the model request to remove completely from the server then no you can't anymore.

Backup the files so you can always resstore them.
Wyldanimal

3762 post(y/ów)
11 dni temu (edited)
@muttonjeff
does that also apply if I want to change/increase the downloaded resolution ?

Both @Evaneself and @Iram00 are correct.

I would 1st, make a backup of the Models and Data folders of the Cards that have been removed from the Store.
Then I would rename the Models folder with a Dash followed by the resolution of these files.
a1234-720p
Then I would attempt to change the resolution.

If it fails, then you can restore the files from the backup copy
or
Delete the new folder a1234 then rename the folder a1234-720p back to a1234

then do a rebuild collection

PS: if you have a backup copy of the Folders for the cards removed from the store, and you Accidentally try to update them.
You can recover by restoring from your Back up
and then Doing a Rebuild collection.

If you Ever ask Customer service for Help with a card removed from the store,
they will remove the cards from your collection and you can not recover from that.

So never ask Customer service for Help about a card removed from the store, unless you Really want to have the card removed from your Collection.
muttonjeff

653 post(y/ów)
10 dni temu
Totally agree with all that's been said. I've advocated secure backups for a long time now.
I just wanted resolution change added to this open discussion.
I already had all my "withdrawn" cards at their max resolution... so I wouldn't be touching those anyway.

As for Customer service Help ... yeah, I was stung by that a long time ago when the first model withdrew. I noticed her (???) card images were blank and asked for help. They said all they could do was remove them and without knowing better, I foolishly agreed. Live and Learn. Don't even remember who she was. C'est le vie
Evaneself

308 post(y/ów)
9 dni temu (edited)
Did any girl disappear with her six shows this month from Collection?

I don't have enough HDD space and some cards have been downloaded incompletely. After more searching I discovered which they were and I downloaded them again.
Rebuild Collection did not delete my card that are not on server.
You can close this topic.
Thanks!

Brak spełnionych wymagań by wziąć udział w dyskusji.

Jako darmowy użytkownik programu iStripper, nie możesz odpisywać w tematach na forum ani tworzyć nowych tematów.
Masz jednak dostęp do podstawowych kategorii dzięki którym możesz pozostawać w kontakcie ze społecznością !