Thank God It's Friday!

掲示板 / iStripperに関する全て

Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 投稿
November 18, 2018 (edited)
"almost certainly represent genuine judgements" LMFAO, mine is just as valid then.

Err, no that is not what i am claiming at all. My vote is a tiny change to the overall score, the maximum change i have seen is 0.05 in the score. Those 5 star rating bork the system for all of us that use the preview tab. My vote does hardly anything.

1) we can see on the numerical value next to the stars(Tania's score for that card is 4.69), that numerical rating is what is used on the preview tab, unpurchased girls with higher rating than x. Mine is currently stuck at 4.35, other people have ***** that their preview tab is an endless loop of unwanted cards.

2) Previously i had 200 cards in my wishlist that were below the preview min value, many of them are around 3.0 with some below that.

I wouldn't call a 4.5 an average card. More like a really good card of a girl you like but with some faults. 5.0 should be a perfect card.

I stand by my 0.5 score as these are cards are ones i don't even want to waste hd space on and i have ~12TB free space, and my reasoning is just as valid as all the 5 star scores. So no, i will carry on as i please unless told directly by the team, and then they should tell everyone how to vote "properly".
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 投稿
@Z22 - Yes you are claiming that your vote is more important than those you disagree with. You have explicitly said that you are trying to "game the system". You may be trying to do so in what you regard as a good cause, but I still find that to be an improper action.

Unfortunately with the current system 4.5 does represent an average card no matter what you think, or how I would want it to be. I wish that things were different but that is how the users have chosen to interpret the ratings. Yes, it would be better if 5.0 represented only almost perfect cards and 2.5 represented average cards - but that is not how the system works.
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 投稿
November 18, 2018
thats, like, just your opinion man...
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 投稿
@Z22 if you mean that 4.5 is the appropriate rating for a typical iStripper card then it is not just my opinion. When trying to rate a card you have three basic choices

a) Is this card of the normal iStripper quality
b) Is is better than normal
c) is is worse than normal

If you choose a) then the only way to indicate that is to award 4.5 stars otherwise you are indicating that you think it is significantly better or worse than normal. It is unfortunate that this is the case but we are stuck with it.

If you choose b) then you have the choice of awarding 4.5 or 5.0 depending on how much better than normal you think the card is.

With regard to the effect of awarding 5 stars as opposed to awarding 0.5 stars for a card that has been rated by others as of normal quality then consider what happens when there have been 100 votes that average out to 4.5. Awarding 5 stars to say that you think that the card is significantly better than average increases the overall rating by just 0.00495 while awarding 0.5 reduces it by 0.04 - i.e. has about 9 times the effect. You have said that you are deliberately taking advantage of this to try to distort the result. Shame on you.
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 投稿
November 18, 2018
Where do totem say this?
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 投稿
Totem do not say it - but just look at the results. Most cards get something close to 4.5 so if you want to signal that you agree this is the only choice that works. I don't like it any more than you do and I rather doubt that Totem wanted it to be that restricted - but it is how the ratings work in practice.
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 投稿
November 18, 2018
Dood, if totem wanted it to be a choice of 3 levels they would have made it so, but it is 11 levels. 0.0 - 5.0.

Why i have to explain the following is...ffs

The new preview method came in (timed preview reductions) I and others noticed it had become a wall of unwanted cards (i don't know if this was just coincidence or not).

I wondered if rating cards i owned made any difference to preview push at my end. (nope)

I voted without comment, no change in rating
I voted with comment ( hmm... what shal i put.. meh. "game the system" will do), no change in rating.

Rated other cards initally without comment then with(copy paste cos i cba and don't want to leave derogetory remarks about the talent), some changed, largest change i saw was 0.05 which changed without a comment left.

Conclusion, rating with and without comment have the same weight.

I accidently double posted a comment, wondered if it counted my rating twice. It doesn't
I wondered if downvoting all the cards i own of a girl i don't like affected the preview push. Nope it does s*d all.
The majority of my votes were cast within 30 mins on one day (~90 cards).

Your comment sounds like a "thats how it has always been done". I say the system is what we make of it.
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 投稿
November 18, 2018
My gosh, November seems to be pick on @TheEmu month
Firescale
Joined in Feb 2011

127 投稿
November 18, 2018
I rather give you all a hug.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 投稿
@Z22 - re "I say the system is what we make of it". The system is, unfortunately what we have already made of it. It is very flawed and if was I designing it I would, with hindsight, make it very different. As it is in practice all one can do is rate a card as "average", "significantly better than average", or one of many degrees of "significantly worse than average".

It seems to me that your real problem is not with the ratings as such, but how they are used in conjunction with the preview system, and there you have a very valid point but it is that which you should ask to be changed - maybe by allowing individual users to set their own thresholds.

A better ratings system would of course be preferable to the current one, but as anything like the current one really needs all users to agree on how to use it I doubt if much can be done. Finer graduations than 0.5 stars and providing a more detailed view in the form of a histogram or bar chart could help a bit (but not with the effect on the preview choices). About the only simple thing I can think of would be to replace it with a binary "up-vote"/"down-vote" system with the rating being based on the ratio of up-votes to down-votes. But even then it would be necessary to make it clear that the up/down votes were intended to indicators that the voter regarded the card as better or worse than an average Totem card.
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 投稿
It's a bit of both really, yeh i (and others) have a problem with how the previews are pushed but i also think there are too many people that vote 5 stars when the card clearly(to me) doesn't deserve it. My rating adds a tiny bit of balance to those, plus i really don't like those cards. I have seen people rate a card as zero because it has no sound. :/ On at least one card a member of the team has rated 5 stars.

Yeh a thumbs up/down or "meh" rating would perhaps be better or a questionare after all clips have been played at least once (currently you can rate even if you haven't played the card once). Edit: i just purchased a card and could rate it even before i downloaded it. ginebra bellucci / vice in april "Haven't even downloaded but i can rate. lol" 5 stars.

As far as the preview tab goes it could allow a percentage to be from the full pool of cards regardless of rating. That and the timers being 1 hour so we can actually catch them without checking it every 10 mins... Since they changed it a few months ago the preview tab has been practically useless to myself and others, a waste of bandwith for me and totem. But hey... when the 4 for 3 offer comes round again i will get the cards on my wishlist for less than if i had purchased them on the preview tab anyway so it works in my favor.

I wonder how much the new preview push has affected sales from it as more often than not there is nothing on offer. No offer... no sale.
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 投稿
Thinking about it, how many of these cards have a higher rating because members of the team have rated them 5 stars? I feel they shouldn't be allowed to rate them at all. For that matter neither should mods or QA staff.

p.s. have now watched enough of her show to rate and comment "properly"

Edit: had a look through the cards comments, there are a bunch( new cards) that have comments and rated 5 stars by team members (Nikotem or Razielle) hmm...
Romla
Joined in Jul 2016

143 投稿
I was curious about Z22 ratings, but I think everyone can rate the cards as it deems appropriate. That's also why majority of the cards have so high ratings. Because majority of the people here are much more tolerant than Z22 is, including me. I am rating the cards between 4.0 - 5.0 rating. Only very few cards got less than 4.0 from me. The ratings are helping, but you cannot fully rely on them. I find many cards with very low ratings to be absolutely fine, especially if you like the girl. That is much more important than the rating. Seems like Z22 have some problem with the preview system, because it is probably related to ratings in some way. I am not using automatic preview at all, so I cannot say anything relevant to that problem.
baslal
Joined in Apr 2018

24 投稿
November 18, 2018
What a terrible promotion. Don't waste your credits. The first ones contain cards from your wishlist to entice you. The free pack give you cards that you don't have any of the models in your collection or on your wishlist. Deceptive marketing at its finest.

I still don't understand what's free abpout this offer? Where does the word free come in here?
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 投稿
Its free as in "Buy One Get One Free" or in ths case buy three discounted packs and get a fourth free.

Note, "Buy One Get One Free" almost invariably means, at best, buy two at half price.
readyforanything
Joined in Apr 2011

2400 投稿
November 18, 2018
The good thing I got out it, was my frist 3 cards was on my wishlist. I did not go any more did like the next 3 cards. Thanks Team
DarkRider2300
Joined in Jan 2012

46 投稿
November 18, 2018
Hi there, this offer is obviously designed for people buillding their collection, and does littlle for us who have almost got the lot,,,
I get nothing from this offer as have only 32 to collect, so under the 45 day limit,,
such is life eh.
Never mind our time will come mbe in the future... :) xx

The Limit this time is set at 48 cards MAX.

I'm in the same boat, with only 29 cards to go.

But Here's the Good News and the Bad.

Good News
  • you will still have credits for the Black Friday Deals (after Thanksgiving) & the Christmas Deal (depending on the deal, being the avant calendar with the hidden Christmas Card)

The Bad
  • If the Holiday Slot comes back the limit is set at 28 to 29 cards. Once over that is it.

I prefer the bogo deals myself, you buy a card & are able to pick which card you want the next time. simple.
Wolf1953
Joined in Jan 2009

2 投稿
November 18, 2018
Hallo,
das Booster Pack ist Mist. Warum sollte ich 30 Credits für ein Pack ausgeben, wenn ich die Karte die mir gefällt für 13 Credits bekomme.
Die Booster sollten Karten aus dem Wunschzettel nehmen.
So könnt Ihr damit keinen Umsatz machen :-).
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 投稿
November 18, 2018
@Wolf1953 - think of it from Totem's point of view. If the special offers worked as you want then many customers would delay buying until they could buy the cards they want at a discount rather than at full price. Totem would, I am sure, prefer you to pay full price.

Another way to look at it is as in any negotiation over price if you express any enthusiasm for an article the price which you eventually negotiate with the seller is likely to be higher than if they think you are not interested. As far as I can tell Totem do not use your wishlist this way - but it would make ecconomic sense if they did.
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 投稿
November 19, 2018
People pay full price?
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 投稿
November 19, 2018 (edited)
People pay full price?

I pay full price for my level for every card. So yeah, people do pay full price

Is there a way to not pay full price outside of the weekend sales?
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 投稿
November 19, 2018
Preview offers. 10% to 20% off.
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 投稿
November 19, 2018
Cards cost me $4.80 CDN at todays rate of exchange. At a 20% discount, I will save 96 cents.

My data provider charges 5 cents for every MB, so a 75MB preview will cost me $3.75 CDN.

Since the pushed previews are probably not going to be cards that interest me, I will lose any savings on data charges waiting for a card that I might want.

Since I'm not the kind of girl who will spend a dollar to save a dime, I am better off paying the full price and not allowing any previews to download.
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 投稿
November 19, 2018
Ouch, mobile internet?
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 投稿
November 19, 2018
Yup. Currently homeless and living in a truck, so mobile internet is all I have.
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 投稿
Roadtrip to somewhere warm perhaps?
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 投稿
Actually, my road trips take me into Colder Canada. My truck's route is from Winterpeg to the north shore of Lake Superior, which is the coldest area in Canada.

Just loved that solar system. 👍😂
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 投稿
Everyone appearing in the "Largest Collection Awards" list will have payed full price (or at least the effective full price for a triple diamond member) for all the cards issued during the last few weeks.
Jinn86
Joined in Jun 2008

24 投稿
November 20, 2018
@Z22 - While I agree that the rating system is somewhat broken your attempt to break it even more is not helping. With respect to Tania R / Bright Pleasure there is no such card - but assuming that you meant Tania R / Bright Presence then although I would not rate this card as a 5 star myself I would probably rate it as 4.5 (and it is quite likely that I would want to give it a 4.6 or 4.7 or even a 4.8 if that was possible) so I find it perfectly normal that many others have given it five.

I don't think he is "breaking" anything. I rate any card I delete as a 1. Why would I rate something I deleted highly? Why should he?

He spent money on the card. He can rate it anyway he pleases. The ratings system is useless.

As for your reply to my comment, please note another user also noticed the same thing.

It attempts to trick you into thinking you will receive a good deal if you just keep spending but it is clearly designed to give you 1 or 2 from your wishless then put an extremely poor, low rated show in the mix making you think if you just buy one more the next would be better.

Instead, I can assure you that trend will go through the entire gambit. Every promotion is like this.

If Totem wants to make some money it would be better to just offer discounts on all cards like they used to.
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 投稿
November 20, 2018
The rating system is useless because it's been made useless by many of those doing the rating.

まだ参加することはできません

iStripper の無料ユーザーはフォーラム内のトピックに参加したり新しいトピックを作ることはできません。
でもベーシックカテゴリーには参加できコミュニティーと接することはできます!