Mugsy
Joined in Jan 2012

54 post(s)
December 6, 2019
I guess I'll ask the question that no one else will. Why the price increase in Jia Lissa's latest card? It's not special event or holiday themed.
Ullubu
Joined in Dec 2011

729 post(s)
December 6, 2019
Most of us didn't notice, becaue we bought the advent calendar and had no higher prize.
PascalsWager
Joined in Jan 2009

81 post(s)
December 6, 2019
I noticed. Mugsy noticed. This is just the metastases of the Special Events cancer.

We should not be surprised that we had to pay a mild premium for certain content when some pay many multiples of typical card price for artificial "speciality."
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
December 6, 2019 (edited)
Some cards with higher price have been released since many years here on Istripper; even before Exclusive cards were introduced.
Ullubu
Joined in Dec 2011

729 post(s)
December 6, 2019
This is just the metastases of the Special Events cancer.

This card has nothing to do with a Special Event, so no Special Event Card.
And other cards are more expensive too, like Kaisa Nord f0586.
PascalsWager
Joined in Jan 2009

81 post(s)
December 6, 2019
@hanssachs Been here a decade. I know. And now we're two in a week and special events at increasing frequency. The director explained there was added cost around the milk for Kaisa Nord. Nada this time.

By all means, buy it all. It's your right. I won't. It took a decade for EA to experience a backlash about loot boxification. It mystifies me that subscribers keep coming to the forum to write comments in support of higher prices or gambling, even though I fully understand Totem's motivations in this matter.
Number6
Joined in Oct 2010

1098 post(s)
December 6, 2019 (edited)
She actually plays and sings on this card. Got to be worth a few extra credits just for the novelty.

Well I enjoyed it anyway😍

Please note for all those who don't like talent contests it only lasts a short while.😎

Just checked back - there was no extra charge if you bought this as part of the Advent Calendar.

264 credits = 24 shows x 11 credits each
Paintsnudes
Joined in Sep 2012

361 post(s)
December 6, 2019
@Mugsy Jia plays the ukulele and sings in four clips, if that ain't worth the few extra credits I don't know what is! It's f#@cking magical and well worth every penny to me. To my knowledge, this is unique in iStripper, and it is wonderful.
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
December 6, 2019
You know... it gets incredibly boring reading all these bitching posts about whatever some members can find fault with.
So this card may have cost 10 or 50 centimos more than normal, depending on your level. SO FRACKING WHAT???

It's a UNIQUE card that's absolutely worth a sip of coffee extra! Kaisa's card is also something special with all that milk and the bottle used for more than it was intended. JEEZ, people!

Do you ever leave a tip in a bar or restaurant for good service? Did you HAVE to leave the tip??? How many times have you paid or given a little extra for something and thought nothing of it? STOP with the whining. PLEASE!
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
December 6, 2019
100th of a euro. Like a cent in dollars 😐
Mugsy
Joined in Jan 2012

54 post(s)
December 6, 2019
Hombre, my opinion is just as valid as anybody else's on a public forum and if I feel like speaking my mind on a topic then you can be sure I will. Can't wait til next week when some model brings out a hula hoop and plays around with it for 30 seconds. What's the price of admission going to be for that one?

JK about the hula hoop, just making a point. Hey your money, your choices. This charging extra for cards is a slippery slope I'm going to avoid.
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
December 6, 2019
Cards that have a slight increase in price are few and far between. It may be that Totem had to invest more than usual in a particular outfit, or as these latest two cards show, there was something different from the normal run. These cards become 'SPECIAL' because they are in some way different.

So. Would you rather pay a little extra for something novel and unique or have Totem make these type of unique cards... WAIT FOR IT... SEC cards?
PascalsWager
Joined in Jan 2009

81 post(s)
December 6, 2019

Hombre, my opinion is just as valid as anybody else's on a public forum and if I feel like speaking my mind on a topic then you can be sure I will. Can't wait til next week when some model brings out a hula hoop and plays around with it for 30 seconds. What's the price of admission going to be for that one?

Kidding/not-kidding!
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
December 6, 2019
Don't care...
PascalsWager
Joined in Jan 2009

81 post(s)
December 6, 2019
Thanks for your short window of caring. Other people are exhausting, as we're happy to prove to eachother.
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
December 6, 2019
You have no idea! 😇
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2429 post(s)
December 6, 2019
Letting Jia show us her musical side is a delight. Made it more personal for me. Thanks @Team !!
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
December 7, 2019 (edited)
Jia's card is oustanding. So Kaisa's one is.
I would of course not support a global price raise here, but I find a small price increase for a little number of particularly interesting cards - and these two ones surely are - to be fine.
I too, by the way, don't like Exclusive cards, gambling and so; but we have to accept that thanks to them the product is becoming more sustainable for the company, and also thanks to them they are emproving the product quite a lot: recently we got a better cam, 4K, VR, better models (more beautiful and more skilful). And there are more ways to get the Exclusive cards, now, too.
That said - yes: I buy all I want. And since I have Premium membership and I bought Advent calender, I also did get Jia's card for just 11 credits. And, by the way, one can even wait for cashback offers, in order to even get such priced cards without spending anything...
ckvghduser
Joined in Oct 2007

252 post(s)
December 7, 2019
Did I miss the notice when Totem was marketing the Premium membership that not all of the card would have the 20% discount? I swear, Totem. How about a little integrity on how you run your business? You might as well be selling used cards or being politicians.

I guess this is my punishment for not buying the Advent Calendar.

Do the words Honesty and Transparency mean anything to you?
ckvghduser
Joined in Oct 2007

252 post(s)
December 7, 2019
@gkar45 I don't want the Advent Calendar and I realize the 10 day period after release was for the Premium members (which I am) to get the 20% discount. Why isn't the Jia Lissa card the same discount as the others?

And what the hell is the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission, SouthEast Conference in the NCAA)?
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
December 7, 2019
SEC in this place means Special Event Card.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
December 7, 2019
@ckvghduser - The extra discount that premium members get is only 10%, not 20%. It will have been applied to the Jia Lissa card in question, but that card had a higher non-discounted price than run of the mill cards hence a higher price after the discount is applied.

SEC = Special Event card.
ckvghduser
Joined in Oct 2007

252 post(s)
December 7, 2019
I ***** to be this way. I just don't understand why all of the Premium Member discounted cards can't be the same consistent price. Am I being unreasonable?
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
December 7, 2019
TBH, yes. You are...
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
December 7, 2019
Why would that apply only for Premium members? Why not ask why there is any variation in price for non-premium members ?
ckvghduser
Joined in Oct 2007

252 post(s)
December 7, 2019
Because I was told that if I paid the extra Premium Membership fee, I would get the discount in return -- not an occasional discount.
ckvghduser
Joined in Oct 2007

252 post(s)
December 7, 2019
No. I'm not stupid. Just the cards since the promotion of the Premium discount -- two cards of which had higher than advertised discounts.
Number6
Joined in Oct 2010

1098 post(s)
December 7, 2019
No. I'm not stupid. Just the cards since the promotion of the Premium discount -- two cards of which had higher than advertised discounts.

No they have higher than usual prices.

Discounts are quoted by Totem as percentages.

45% for Triple Diamond and a further 20% for a premium member.

They said nothing about this being a fixed number of credits.

It would be financial ***** for Totem to state that prices of cards will be fixed. Costs go up and if Totem can't occasionally raise their prices to match those costs then they will fail as a business.

IMHO that is why we are seeing more gambling, SECs and the like. It is a way for Totem to earn extra revenue without generally increasing the price of cards which would generally be unpopular. Personally I do not object to paying a few extra credits here and there for a card that has some novel content e.g. the Jia Lissa and Kaisa Nord cards. Personally I found Jia's singing and playing enjoyable and they show her sense of fun. As for Kaisa's card - I will never be able to look at a milk bottle in the same way ever again.
stefnev1
Joined in Jul 2008

4454 post(s)
December 7, 2019
IMHO that is why we are seeing more gambling, SECs and the like. It is a way for Totem to earn extra revenue without generally increasing the price of cards which would generally be unpopular.

This is a very good analyse and summary of Totem's way of business.
ckvghduser
Joined in Oct 2007

252 post(s)
December 7, 2019
You know, I'm fine with these explanations. I guess I just wish that Totem would have explained it like this up front. I don't mind paying more if it would have been explained to me this way. I've said in the Forum before, that I wouldn't mind paying more for cards if the quality and cost of a model was higher.

I'm just saying that Totem needs to respect its customers more by communicating with them better.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !