TGIF progressive redraw

Forum / Everything about iStripper

kaiju
TEAM
Joined in Sep 2014

407 post(s)
September 6, 2019 (edited)
Thank God It's Friday !

Let's start the weekend with a sum up of the shows we have released this week, including a new show of Liya Silver in a torrid red outfit & Eva Elfie, super hot in her "girl-next-door" denim dress!

Progressive booster packs... Redraw!

Most of you already know the progressive booster pack offer. A serie of 10 packs of 10 cards each, the first pack being discounted by 20%, the 2nd by 24% etc... up to 56% off!

No doubt it's one of the biggest discounts you get on iStripper but if you don't like the first pack, you're stuck and can't enjoy the promo. With the progressive pack REDRAW, you can now draw again all cards of each pack as many times as you want for 1 credit.

How to get your packs?

• Go to featured
  • Click "Progressive Packs"
  • Enjoy!

Cheers!
zzmaskers
Joined in Mar 2011

607 post(s)
September 6, 2019
With only a rating of 1,8 after 5 votes for Enjoy Me, I asked myself: does Avery have enemies? Her show is great: 5 stars!!!
Firescale
Joined in Feb 2011

127 post(s)
September 6, 2019
The rating has gone up significantly now.
zzmaskers
Joined in Mar 2011

607 post(s)
September 6, 2019
The rating has gone up significantly now.
I'm glad te see that Avery has more friends than enemies.👍
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
September 6, 2019
Some people may be little 'too' ***** up on ratings.

Members will give ratings based on things completely unrelated to the girl, her outfit and her performance

Quite a number of members also think the card comments section is the place to report bugs and will rate according to those bugs

Again......ratings completely unrelated to the girl, her outfit and her performance
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
September 6, 2019
I have almost entirely given up on ratings though I do sometimes scan the comments that accompany them. I would like to be able to provide my own private ratings seperately on several aspects of a card - e.g. the beauty of the performer, her skill as a performer, how much I like the clothing etc. - and have this integrated into the iStripper app itself rather than using an external database. But if I had this ability I would not, as is now the case, rate a typical card as 4.5 or 5 stars and it would make little of no sense to average over several users who will most likely be using very different scales for each of these aspects.
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
September 6, 2019
I stopped rating cards/girls after only doing so for a very short time. I stopped because I got frustrated with how some people based their ratings.

Ooh, pretty girl........5
She wasn't wearing a perma-smile........2
I had a problem trying to download the animations........0
Some random bug that was fixed almost immediately blah blah blah........0
I wanted some other card to be released today........1
I did a pre pay for the month (practically the same way a subscription works) and I didn't want this card........0

Is that right ? I think not.

To me, ratings should be done in this manner......

• The girl - What do you think of her ? Pretty ? Nice body ? Do you like her personality ? Also, if it's not more related to her outfit, do you like her hair & makeup ?
    You know......the girl.

• The outfit - Pretty simple there. Do you like what she's wearing ? Just rate it without comparing it to something else.

• Her performance - Way too many things can come into play for me to even begin to list and even then, each of us will have our own ideas about what to look for.

I think if everyone was rating on the same basic principle, we could have had a pretty solid system. With some giving ratings of zeros because they had an issue with downloading the show the first time they tried and other totally unrelated things, I just don't see how the rating system can even begin to be reliable at all.

Anyway, can we please NOT turn this thread into a complete trainwreck and get this back on topic ?

Thank you
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
Some considerations:
  • as some of us pointed, there are many parameters that an user should ponder for giving a good rating.
  • as so, in order to have more useful and clear ratings, I think there should be maybe the possibility to give three different votes, one for model, one for outfit and one for performance.
  • I would add also a fourth vote about card technical quality: I can agree that an occasional bug which is resolved in short time should not impact ratings at all, but if, instead, a card was shooted quite out of focus or its xxx clips lack sound, such issues - which have no solution - definitely impact on my user experience, so I feel in such cases I would have the right to give a lower rating to card.
  • unfortunately, even if all this would be implemented, every person's criteria and preferences will remain totally different and subjective, plus there always would be someone giving bad ratings for nonsensical reasons...
As a conclusion, I would like rating system to be emproved, but eventually I also doubt that it can ever get really reliable.
2scompanyinjax
Joined in Nov 2008

130 post(s)
September 6, 2019
Thank you for the Progressive Booster Packs...Redraw! It worked for me. Bought 100 cards for just about 700 credits. 7 credits per card is a good average. I'm running out of cards that I don't have yet, so it was nice redrawing the packs that had too many duds.

As for ratings, some people start from 0 and make the girls earn points. I start from the top and take off points. It is that is the glass half full or half empty. I like to give the girls the 5 points they deserve for getting naked in the first place, then take off points for bad show, bad outfit, hairy pussy, etc.
shodan084
Joined in Dec 2007

1658 post(s)
Mr. Hebasu...

With respect, you contradict yourself. You bemoaned the fact that people rated a pretty girl a five then asked people how they rate the girl and used 'pretty' as your first score card... Do you think that a girls looks could score a five or do you think that it should only score a one?

However I should add that the trunk of your argument is sound. We tend to rate cards far too quickly without giving the card time to settle in. Either on looks alone or the way she moves... :)
spacedragon64
Joined in Apr 2008

119 post(s)
September 6, 2019
@TheEmu I have almost entirely given up on ratings though I do sometimes scan the comments that accompany them. I would like to be able to provide my own private ratings seperately on several aspects of a card - e.g. the beauty of the performer, her skill as a performer, how much I like the clothing etc. - and have this integrated into the iStripper app itself rather than using an external database. But if I had this ability I would not, as is now the case, rate a typical card as 4.5 or 5 stars and it would make little of no sense to average over several users who will most likely be using very different scales for each of these aspects.

I Don't rate much show now, because all the insane score they got for no reason. They can give 5, because the girl is beautiful, even if she move badly, or 5 because she got big breast. It could be 0-1 star, because she have a small tatoo, fake breast, clothing they dislike, a bug, an happy new year show when they want a christmas one (a fantastic show, with an abissimal score), etc.

I would LOVE a personal rating in the software, so i can order girls by MY rating if i want, and not the rating of the communauty.

Rating should have multiple score, not just one, like beauty of the girl, her performance, if she connect well with us, an overalll rating, etc. It could be the time for IStrippers to upgrade their rating system.
thepreaker
Joined in Mar 2017

15 post(s)
September 6, 2019
it's a pity that previous event has finished, see you next cashback event. 😎
spacedragon64
Joined in Apr 2008

119 post(s)
September 7, 2019
I read the first post too quickly, i was thinking that, like some time ago, we could choose some cards, and redraw the rest, all that we want, for one credit each time....but it's just...a redraw ALL CARDS option, so, it's much less interesting. Only one credit spend on this week game...
GreyWolfNH
Joined in Jul 2011

40 post(s)
September 8, 2019
Everybody should rate everything as often as possible, because the larger the sample size, the better the overall representation of the opinion of the userbase as a whole.
Speaking for myself, I am currently watching through every single card I own and giving a rating based on where I think each card stands in relation to my collection as a whole.
I expect this task to take a year or two.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
September 8, 2019 (edited)
@GreyWolfNH - in theory you are right, but it only really works if everyone (or at least a large majority) use the same set of criteria to rate the cards. Unfortunately this is not the case and people have been rating cards as 0 simply because there was a ***** feature that they did not like - for example taking shoes off, or keeping them on - or because they (but nobody else) had a failure to download a clip. Also some people give 0 stars to cards that they got as part of a random TGIF pack.

This is further complicated by the fact, provided by @Rex, that over 90% (I think he said 95%) of all ratings were for either five stars or a zero stars, The result is that almost all cards have overall ratings between 4 and 5 (and would all cluster very close to 5 if you could filter out the "anomalous" awards of zero stars) so if you want your own rating scale to be compatible with the overall ratings you can pretty much only use 4, 4.5 or 5 star for most of your collection - this is too coarse grained if you are trying to put your entire collection into some sort of order. If you do decide to use a wider (to me more logical) range of ratings then you pollute the overall ratings and make them even less meaningful than they are now.
Mii88
Joined in Mar 2013

17 post(s)
September 8, 2019
Everybody should rate everything as often as possible, because the larger the sample size, the better the overall representation of the opinion of the userbase as a whole.

I disagree. I think the rating system should be removed as it unfairly penalises some of the cards. Everybody likes different things and there are some terrible reasons in the reviews for some of the low marks. Such as 0 because its a XXX card. Okay so you don't like XXX shows but don't give it a zero. Same goes if a girl keeps her shoes on throughout so there's no bare feet shown or they don't like the shoes! She's too skinny, too fat, too old etc. Most bizarrely I once saw "I think she's a man!!!" There are some fantastic cards that have a low rating and at first a few years ago I found it very difficult to work out why they were so low. These days I completely ignore the rating and I would suggest to others they do too and make you own judgement about the cards.
Cartref
Joined in Sep 2007

520 post(s)
September 8, 2019
To be personally honest, I stopped ratting cards 10 plus years ago as I got tired of seeing most cards with a 5/5 rating even for models that I considered only fair.

Its a personal view point and we are all different using very different evaluation standards.
happsmack
Joined in Dec 2007

6 post(s)
September 8, 2019
To be personally honest, I stopped ratting cards 10 plus years ago as I got tired of seeing most cards with a 5/5 rating even for models that I considered only fair.

Its a personal view point and we are all different using very different evaluation standards.

Same here.
GreyWolfNH
Joined in Jul 2011

40 post(s)
September 9, 2019
@GreyWolfNH - in theory you are right, but it only really works if everyone (or at least a large majority) use the same set of criteria to rate the cards. Unfortunately this is not the case and people have been rating cards as 0 simply because there was a ***** feature that they did not like - for example taking shoes off, or keeping them on - or because they (but nobody else) had a failure to download a clip. Also some people give 0 stars to cards that they got as part of a random TGIF pack.

All the more reason we need the largest possible sample size, it will eliminate the likelihood of statistical outliers ruining a card's overall rating.

These days I completely ignore the rating and I would suggest to others they do too and make you own judgement about the cards.

When I see a card that has a rating lower than 4, I usually investigate why before buying the card. Most often there are technical issues with the card itself, such as faulty sound or video clips causing the low rating.
Of course, I ignore the rating for any card that has been released for a short time, as it takes many hundreds of ratings to arrive at a good average.

As was pointed out earlier, after only five ratings, a card had a seemingly unfair rating of 1.5 applied, but after 82 votes, the same card is sitting at a rating of 4.67, which I'm sure is a more appropriate rating.

This is my point, as the sample size increases, the rating more effectively shows the overall opinion of the card itself.

This is further complicated by the fact, provided by @Rex, that over 90% (I think he said 95%) of all ratings were for either five stars or a zero stars, The result is that almost all cards have overall ratings between 4 and 5 (and would all cluster very close to 5 if you could filter out the "anomalous" awards of zero stars) so if you want your own rating scale to be compatible with the overall ratings you can pretty much only use 4, 4.5 or 5 star for most of your collection - this is too coarse grained if you are trying to put your entire collection into some sort of order.

It would be a very coarse grained system if everybody only ever used a 4.5 or 5 star rating, but if you search through the entire iStripper library, ratings run the entire gamut of numbers available, admittedly clustering far closer to the 4-5 star range. However, each rating is presented with two decimal places, effectively giving a zero-one hundred range between four and five.

Aww geez, someone stop me before I statistically analyze every card on the platform.
I'd better stop before I cringe.

😰
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
September 25, 2019
FYI

If your post consists of nothing but an ‘easy button’ quote of the original post in a thread, don’t be surprised and/or get your feelings ***** if said post is deleted.
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
September 25, 2019 (edited)
Such strange posts have been happening for ages. It's possible the "quote" button is mistaken by some people for a "like" button in Facebook style.
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
September 25, 2019
Yep, the ‘like’ button similarity thing has been discussed from the moment that little easy quote button was implemented. Totem team members seem to like it and like where it is so it looks as if it’s here to stay no matter what.

But, as I said......

FYI

If your post consists of nothing but an ‘easy button’ quote of the original post in a thread, don’t be surprised and/or get your feelings ***** if said post is deleted.
muttonjeff
Joined in Nov 2008

651 post(s)
September 25, 2019
@91hebasu ... and repeat offenders may need some kind of vacation as well
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
September 25, 2019
Indeed
Cartref
Joined in Sep 2007

520 post(s)
September 26, 2019

Me to, but it was even longer ago 😖

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !