Install IStripper on 2 computers

Forum / New users corner

robcap
Joined in Jan 2019

4 post(s)
June 18, 2019
Can I install Istripper on 2 computers with the same account?
pumpdude48
Joined in May 2016

390 post(s)
June 18, 2019
Yes, but only two, so if you have more than two then you need to chose which ones.
robcap
Joined in Jan 2019

4 post(s)
June 18, 2019
Thanks pumpdude48 :)
Pseudo_Nym
Joined in Aug 2019

11 post(s)
August 12, 2019
Would the same apply for multiple users on the same computer?
(Am kind of a PEBCAK.... did I mess up on the instal?)
Thanks much.
Manue
TEAM
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Joined in Nov 2014

1027 post(s)
August 12, 2019
@Pseudo_Nym Hi, please do not create several accounts to avoid any *****. If you encounter this error message, just contact us by email, via our forum or log a ticket. Thank you : )
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1023 post(s)
August 12, 2019
I have 3 user accounts on my Mac Plus. They are all mine. I use them for different purposes. I now have iStripper installed on all three user accounts and registered to my iStripper account. On a Mac it seems that this counts as only one install. I don't know is the same for Windows. I also have iStripper installed on a MacBook Pro for my second install.
stefnev1
Joined in Jul 2008

4440 post(s)
August 12, 2019
@Dorsai6
I've send you a PM about that subject.
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1023 post(s)
August 12, 2019
Got the PM. Replied to it.

My earlier reply was for the benefit of @Pseudo_Nym. There is sometimes ***** about the term account. We talk about iStripper customer accounts and also computer operating system user accounts. These are two different things.
Pseudo_Nym
Joined in Aug 2019

11 post(s)
August 13, 2019
Thanks for the replies.

I think I get it. I think I messed up the install and only installed for this user and not all users on the computer – basic PEBKAC issue.

Good thing is I don't NEED to fix the problem.

I am guessing I could install on a second user and use the same account name and number - 2 computer user accounts and one iStripper account. This probably isn't the best idea and will most likely end with some hefty tooth marks in my posterior.

It is not actually broken, so I do not need to actually fix it.

Thanks much for the help.
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
August 13, 2019 (edited)
I will probably get into trouble with someone for linking this thread, but if you are more competent than I am in computer usage, which most people are, then this discussion might help you.
https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/42511/1?post=626538
You are not allowed to see this topic or access data relative to this topic
Uhh, what's a PEBKAC?
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3742 post(s)
August 13, 2019
Uhh, what's a PEBKAC?
It's a computer Support Term...
PEBKAC
Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
August 13, 2019
Thanks, I am quite familiar with that condition.
haruchai
Joined in Feb 2008

167 post(s)
August 13, 2019
Uhh, what's a PEBKAC?It's a computer Support Term...
PEBKAC
Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

I prefer PICNIC, Problem In Chair, Not In Computer
Pseudo_Nym
Joined in Aug 2019

11 post(s)
August 14, 2019
Thanks to the replies.

@Chicsans, Thanks for the link. It helped a lot.... it can be done, but am not going to try it, because I am my computer's worst glitch.

Picnic... I like (and resemble) that

IBM Affect.... Affect caused by the Idiot Behind the Machine
One Dee Ten Tee Error...1D10T
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
August 14, 2019 (edited)
@Pseudo_Nym , I am a computer's worst nightmare. I only remembered that thread because it is still fairly fresh.
Dolby_Spencer
Joined in May 2018

2 post(s)
November 26, 2019
I have and want only one account, but I can not figure out how to log into the software. The software continues to create accounts for me automatically. I'd appreciate any help.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
November 26, 2019 (edited)
When you run the installer it offers you the option to use an existing account - but this is (or was last time I looked) in quite small print just below the big friendly button that creates a new one.

However, once you have created a new account by accident you can correct it at any time by going to the app's settings page (the gear wheel icon in the title bar), enabling Advanced Settings and then clicking on the Register Again button. You can then provide your old login information.

If you have forgotten your password the website's support page has a way for you to ask for it to be recovered (I assume that it would involve Totem sending you an e-mail)
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3742 post(s)
November 26, 2019
If you have forgotten your password the website's support page has a way for you to ask for it to be recovered (I assume that it would involve Totem sending you an e-mail)

This is, for the most part correct.
You can't recover an Old forgotten Password,
but you will receive an E-mail that allows you to Create a new one.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !