How to disable automatic previews?

Forum / New users corner

Skyscraper48
Joined in May 2019

2 post(s)
May 26, 2019
It's extremely annoying that the software keeps downloading and playing random cards, how can I disable that? I only want it to play the cards I have purchased.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
May 26, 2019 (edited)
@Skyscraper48

On the settings page enable "Advanced Settings" and then set "Free Preview Push" to "Never". Then delete any previews that have already been downloaded.
Skyscraper48
Joined in May 2019

2 post(s)
May 26, 2019
Thanks a lot! The Advanced settings also provides other useful stuff. :)
cripto
Joined in Mar 2019

9 post(s)
June 5, 2019
so how do you delete the previews ?
stefnev1
Joined in Jul 2008

4454 post(s)
June 6, 2019
@cripto
Go to the Data and Models folder. In each of them you will see subfolders with the name of the cards (a0100, c0010, e1100, f0230 for example). Choose the ones corresponding to the previews and delete them.
If you have installed the software in the default place, it is there :
c:\users\your username\Appdata\Local\vghd\Data (and Models)
cripto
Joined in Mar 2019

9 post(s)
June 6, 2019
thanks
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
June 6, 2019 (edited)
Go to the Data and Models folder. In each of them you will see subfolders with the name of the cards (a0100, c0010, e1100, f0230 for example). Choose the ones corresponding to the previews and delete them.
If you have installed the software in the default place, it is there :
c:\users\your username\Appdata\Local\vghd\Data (and Models)
There's a problem, though.
If I delete previews from such folder(s) as suggested [just because of download errors and so - I do want them back after], they are then NOT going to be downloaded again as I press the "preview" button on the card page.
Any solution? Thanks
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3758 post(s)
June 6, 2019
Member @lukaszr
has his own Preview utility you can try.
see his post. It's his own 3rd party created software available on HIS site.

this is not supported by iStripper, so use it at your own risk..
he has tested it, but not on every possible plat form..
https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/42052/1?post=620374
Everything about iStripper / Preview Downloader
The new version of Preview Downloader is available to download: Preview Downloader (v1.1): www.isworkshop.eu/index.php?p=preview_downloader What's new in this version: Update: added the option to manu...
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
June 6, 2019 (edited)
Thank you, @Wyldanimal. I have a clarification: I am speaking about cards I DON'T own, of which I just have the previews. Is there a method to delete and then redownload such previews, or you still give me advice trying @lukaszr 's utility? Thanks again
lukaszr
Joined in Dec 2007

719 post(s)
June 7, 2019
@HansSachs

There's a problem, though.
If I delete previews from such folder(s) as suggested (...), they are then NOT going to be downloaded again as I press the "preview" button on the card page.
Any solution? Thanks

In this particular case there is simple solution:
1. Quit iStripper,
2. Delete demos of your choise,
3. IMPORTANT: delete the models.lst file located in data folder,
4. Start iStripper again.

The models.lst file has been deleted, so with the next start iStripper will be ***** to recreate that file and refresh the list of files in your collection. Now you should be able to redownload previews via iStripper GUI.

BTW. If you decide to use Preview Downloader and if you encounter any problems, you can write PM to me or write in this thread:
http://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/42052/1?post=619788
Everything about iStripper / Preview Downloader
And now for something completely different. Users have often lost demo clips by some strange algorithm hidden in the iStripper code. When free previews on the disc reach a certain size, iStripper dele...
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
June 7, 2019
Thank you, @lukaszr!

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !