Download all cards option?

Forum / New users corner

CoryTuckner
Joined in Oct 2007

4 post(s)
May 11, 2019
Is there an option to download all cards instead of clicking each card individually? I recently got a new hard drive and need to reinstall all my cards. I don't wanna go through and click 640 cards individually though.....
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1025 post(s)
May 11, 2019
If your data and models folders are both empty, iStripper should automatically download all your owned cards. However, you can save a lot of time and bandwidth charges if you have a back-up copy of your collection.
CoryTuckner
Joined in Oct 2007

4 post(s)
May 11, 2019
Both folders are empty. I tried to rebuild collection as well, but that did not work.
pumpdude48
Joined in May 2016

390 post(s)
May 11, 2019
@CoryTuckner

Go to "my collection" hold the shift key and click the upper left most card. Then scroll to the bottom of your collection and while holding the shift key click the last card in the lineup. Now scroll back to the top of the screen and click the "down arrow" above the cards which should start the d/l process. Then go find something else to do for a "while" while your collection downloads....
Number6
Joined in Oct 2010

1098 post(s)
May 11, 2019
"Ctrl" and "A" is your friend when selecting all cards.😊

It works with filtered selections as well.
http://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/41821/1?post=616757
You are not allowed to see this topic or access data relative to this topic
pumpdude48
Joined in May 2016

390 post(s)
May 11, 2019
@Number6

Well isn't that cool!!

And here I was toiling in the dark ages with the shift click scroll shift click thing... 😉

And the worst part is that I probably read that thread some time back and it just failed to register in what little space I have left in my deteriorating grey matter...

What will they think of next...?

Thanks!!
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
May 12, 2019 (edited)
CTRL-A is a windows standard "select all" shortcut that works in most programs. However, developers do not seem to understand that many users do not know about this standard feature (for example my sister after 25 or so years using windows did not know about it). I have argued here that there should preferably be an obvious (to new computer users) way of selecting/deselecting all cards using a single click to accomdoate such naive users but Totem do not seem to think that this is a good idea (because it would clutter the interface)
pumpdude48
Joined in May 2016

390 post(s)
May 12, 2019
@TheEmu

I'm sure you're correct and like I said above I am also equally sure that I probably should have known that as well but some things just don't "stick" in the memory banks like they used to... Of course the data retrival system leaves a little to be desired anymore as well.
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1025 post(s)
May 12, 2019
When the first Mac came out a whole set of standard global commands including A,Z,X,C,V,S,W,O,N,F were widely publicized and I learned them. Most were implemented in Windows, but with less consistency because there was so much legacy software. Now most are so taken for granted that no one bothers to tell new users about them.

A good example: I've been using Excel since it first came out in about 1985. Just last Friday I learned that it is possible to hide a tab in a multi-tab workbook. I never needed to do this and never noticed it was present on the right-click menu.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3753 post(s)
May 12, 2019 (edited)
Yes, you Can Use Ctrl-A to select All, and then try to Download all...

But I highly recommend that you Do it in Small Batches of 40 to 50 cards at a time..

Maximize you View, and shrink the card size as small as you can..
you should see 40 or 50 cards on the screen..
Set the 1st Filter, Display, to Nothing Checked.
Set the 3rd Filter, Downloaded filter to only, Not Downloaded.
( only cards NOT Downloaded are Displayed. )
All other Filters everything Checked.

Hold Shift and Click the 1st Card in the top left corner, then while holding Shift
Click the card in the bottom right Corner.
This Selects all the cards on the screen.

let go of Shift and Click the Icon DOWN Arrow to Download this Batch of Selected cards.

They Will disappear from View, Because the Filter is set to Only Show the Not Downloaded Cards.

Remember to re-set your Filters when Down Downloading all of your cards.

WHY do it this way?

If there is a connection Issues...
It's a Lot Easier to Manage and Stop the Download of 40 or 50 cards, than it is to Manage 600 or 3000 cards Stuck in Download Limbo.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !