Thank God It's Friday

Forum / Everything about iStripper

Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3742 post(s)
April 10, 2019
@gkar45

yes, the VGHD Classics ( not everyone ) has both a photo set and Video
Each Card consists of a Mix from between 3 to 5 outfits, so the photo sets are also 3 to 5 outfits.

However, these photos were taken at a lower resolution than they are today.

In the store if you Click on a Card, it should include the photo set and video information.

"Classic cards on the other site "
That throws me a bit of a curve though...

If you are asking about the Men. They also have photo sets and Videos.

you can visit the web site gay.istripper.com and sign in with your same username and password.

pumpdude48
Joined in May 2016

390 post(s)
April 10, 2019
@gkar45

What "other site" are you referring to?

If it's the iStripper classic collection, I offer the following:

Most of the classic cards have both videos and still photos. However a couple don't have either.

Unfortunately due to a hard drive problem, I lost all my older video and still downloads and have not had the time to go back and get them again. Point being, I can't tell you which cards are missing the extras. However, almost all of them have something additional besides the actual dancing clips.

Also, the classic cards are an amalgamation of several cards from each model. In that there is only one classic card per model in the current "classic" collection but each model usually did several separate cards, like the ones today do. Totem has gathered all the separate performances and put them together in one card so you get a bunch of clips with different outfits for most of the original girls. Whatever still photo and videos from all of those cards, that still exist, are included with the purchase of each classic card.

HTH

PD48
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
April 10, 2019
@gkar45

Hi, I think that if I read you right, peeps are told to back up their models files, to another disk. A lot of this is because if one has any of the cards of the five models that, for legal or other reasons, are no longer allowed to be sold, gets lost in a mass card update, those files can be restored to the collection from back-ups. This includes the bonus pics and any bonus videos that she made.

I do not know if the bonus material gets remotely deleted from your system, somebody smarter than I will have to answer that.

I have a set from one of the girls removed. I can play the clips, but I have no access to her bonus material as I did not download any of it when I had the chance to. Her images in the my collection page have also been removed and are now a blank space with a number.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3742 post(s)
April 10, 2019
I do not know if the bonus material gets remotely deleted from your system

Totem does not now, nor has it in the Past, Remotely deleted files from a members system.
However,
If you Happen to try to update a card that has been removed from the Store
The files will be lost, because the update process overwrites files in the data and models folders with blank files that don't exists.

Files in the Data folder, and Files in the Models folder are subject to being Overwritten.
Card image files.
you can make a duplicate of the original file and name it aXXXX_custom.jpg

this file will never be Overwritten, and will be used 1st, if it's found in the data folder.
( but, Stickers will NOT be Applied to a custom card image )

If you own, and have already downloaded any of the Cards that Have been removed from the store.
Please make a Backup of ALL of the Files in that Cards Data folder and Models Folder.

This is your only way to recover from an Accidental card update.

If you have the Animation files ( .demo and .vghd ) from the Models folder
the Card will still play even if you Don't have the Card image.
A Blank Images does not mean the card is Gone.

Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
April 10, 2019 (edited)
@gkar45 I really don't think that @Lukaszr can display the pulled cards, or anything related to those cards on his site. His site is an affiliate and must adhere to the rules. Totem was directed to remove all of the files from their servers, and as far as I know @Lukaszr can only display what is permitted.

He may, as a private user, and if he so chooses to, share any bonus material from models that he may have, but that arrangement needs to be in private.
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
April 10, 2019 (edited)
@gkar45 , gotcha. I don't have many of the virtuagirl classic cards. I think that I had 2 of them at one time, Just not interested. They were early releases from when the project first began and they played quite jitterly and stalled a lot. I'm not sure if it was a technical problem from the restoration of old video tapes or if my equipment was at fault, probably a bit of both. Those 2 cards also played so frequently, like every 4th or 5th show was a virtuagirl classic that I finally got pissed off and de-activated and deleted them. Come to think of it, I still de-activate the cards that I think play too often. Eventually, if that keeps up, my entire library will be de-activated and then I can re-activate them all and start the whole process again.

Anyways, of the vgirl classic cards that I had, there is some bonus material. As HRH stated, they are an amalgamation of previous cards made, and contain the still photos from those cards.. I was able to access the card details of the ones that I owned, and it seemed that there are pictures for each outfit worn in the card. Not just 50 - 60 bonus pic, but like 200 bonus pics. I can't say about the bonus videos, since the classic girls that I had were also featured in vghd or iStripper classic, as it is now called.

It also seems that if you own any of the older cards where the model is in iStripper classic (720 only) and in the older virtuagirl classic collection, you would already have the bonus videos that she had made in the elder days.

Sorry about the mini novell.
fitfan
Joined in Aug 2018

58 post(s)
April 11, 2019 (edited)
This policy has not impacted any of the cards that I own yet.... that I know of. I understand the need to remove content from the store where legally agreed upon. But to reach out and delete/remove (update w/blank) purchased content without notice or offer of reimbursement does not seem fair to the customer that paid for the content.
Not sure if is an internal policy of totem, software design issue around content, or how the legal resolution was written and the laws of the country.
Either way I don’t agree with purchased content being overwritten and blanked out.
If it is a store issue when they overwrite the file with a blank they could just as easily send a backup file of the original that the software looks for in the event content has been discontinued for sale.
Don’t put the onus of cleaning it up on the customer. Make it seamless for the user maintaining access and meet the legal obligation of removing content from future sale.

🙌😉🙌 win win

Maybe even add a "Depracted" or "Removed from future Sale" banner for cards that have been removed.
At this point cards with "Update" banners do not expain what is being changed.
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1024 post(s)
April 11, 2019
But to reach out and delete/remove (update w/blank) purchased content without notice or offer of reimbursement

Well, the offer of reimbursement is there. However, I think most customers would prefer to keep those cards.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3742 post(s)
April 12, 2019 (edited)
But to reach out and delete/remove (update w/blank) purchased content without notice or offer of reimbursement does not seem fair to the customer that paid for the content.

You are very misinformed.

Totem does not reach out and Remove or Delete content.
Totem never has and Never will do this.

Card images used in the store and in the GUI, are stored in your Data folder.
when yo u view the store, the server pushes you the current card image, if you don't already have the current card image.

For cards no longer for sale.
the server pushes a null image.

That's is it...

Also read the T&C.
Members do not OWN any of the content. You Purchase a License that allows you to USE the content.
Totem retains ownership of it.

So if, you as a member, wish to keep a copy. you must make your own backup copy.

https://www.istripper.com/information/eula/display

Note: The GUI provides a method for each member to use a customized set of images.
Duplicate the image and ad the suffix _custom before the dotted extension.
These custom images will also be displayed as the images used by the Store.

Backup you Data folders, and your Models folders.
6TB external HDD can be purchased for under $100

Backup up your collection.
Do it.. Back it up....

a Triple diamond member with 1500 cards has invested anywhere from (1) $1500 to $3000 on licensing fees.
The License to use the Product is Yours for as long as Totem is in Business (2) ( even longer )

Back up your Investment !

now $3000 sounds like a Lot...
but most members that are triple diamond, have been around for a number of years.
maybe it is $300 to $500 a year.
For a Hobby, that is Not a Huge amount of money.

But it is still a lot to risk loosing.

Back it Up !

(1) based on various Discounts and promotional Offers.
(2) REX, the owner , has stated that if Totem should ever decide it's time to close. Totem will release a software version that doesn't need to connect to a server in order for you to use the cards you have a license for.
But you will never be able to Re-Download any of it again..

Back up you Investment.

A single copy is not a Backup.
Make sure you have at least Two duplicate copies at all times.
If one fails, Make a New duplicate copy Immediately, so you always have at least Two Copies.

I can't stress the Importance of Backups. Hardware fails.. Magnetic media fails.

Back up your Investment.

Oh, Did I mention that you should backup Both your Complete Data and Models Folders.
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1024 post(s)
April 12, 2019
Western Digital. OK, only 4TB, but enough for a full collection. I'm sure you could find a lower price if you shopped around and looked at other manufacturer's.

Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3742 post(s)
April 12, 2019 (edited)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HAPGEIE

4TB $84
6TB $115
8TB $140

About HDD, They Fail, often without warning.
Buy Two, Use one Regularly, use the Second one Once a Month as a duplicate.

I'm not showing this to brag.
just sharing information and so you can see cost if you want to try and create a similar setup.

I've got Two (4) drive NAS units.
Each Has (4) 4TB drives... 16 TB of drive space configured in Raid 5 = 10TB storage..

I've already had 3 Drive Fail in just Two Years...

These are set up in Raid 5 - so I can Hot swap out a bad drive, and replace it.
The Raid controller then automatically Rebuilds the New Drive.

In case you may want to do the same, I attached a Picture of what NAS and Drives I got.
The 1st one I got through Amazon.
When I wanted a 2nd one, Amazon didn't have the Drives in stock, so I got the next one from NewEgg

Overkill? Maybe.. But I think I'm protected and expect to have my Collection a Long time.
PS the NAS is not just for iStripper, I also have all my Family Photos and Files backed up as well..

I think the Investment was worth it..
fitfan
Joined in Aug 2018

58 post(s)
April 12, 2019 (edited)
Another great contribution by @wyldanimal with excellent recommendations on hardware and backup practices most users ignore.
Can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to try to recover important data from a failed or damaged HDD with data recovery tools. This can be a very expensive and time intensive process. And depending on what failed, almost impossible in some cases or cost prohibitive.
I also have two NAS appliances, one is a retail (QNAP) solution similar to the one shown above. The other is a FreeNAS solution that allows me to use different size and brands of drives to expand my storage solution. It’s allowed me to configure dedicated parity drives and utilize an older smaller 256GB SSD as a dedicated cache drive. Very cool NAS platform for the more technically inclined.

Most branded solution like the one listed above require that you purchase 4 of the exact same drive. And you should purchase at least one extra to have on hand for drive failure replacement. Rebuilding from parity from a large array can take quite a number of hours. With 3 or 4 drives in a raid 5 array you can lose one drive to failure without data loss thanks to drive parity. That is where the back USB drive comes in.
You should backup the NAS in the event of a catastrophic failure to either a local USB or cloud storage based on your comfort with the security of those solutions. And as mentioned have two external drives to rotate.
Ullubu
Joined in Dec 2011

726 post(s)
April 12, 2019
My external HDDs never failed so far and the oldest is 6 years old and I use them every day.
I have three, one 1TB, one 2TB and one 3TB.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !