TGIF and the good time for a spring break game

Forum / Everything about iStripper

iPseudo
Joined in Dec 2018

37 post(s)
March 10, 2019
That said I do stand by my original post. If this is a way forward for Totem financially then I will support them.

@Number6, If Totem is in such dire financial straits, perhaps they should begin soliciting donations outright, rather than introducing products which can only be obtained by filling a potentially bottomless hole with money.
cdub87
Joined in Apr 2008

397 post(s)
March 10, 2019
People need to really chill out. I don't see any remembering when Totem was literally giving money away when the buy 1000 credits get 250 or whatever the extra amount was and that lasted longer then a weekend. A company first priority is to make a profit. The money is not at the 3 diamond level. We already getting a heck of a discount and more than likely we already either have all the cards or have picked all the cards we mostly want. If this was my company I would be going after the lower users and getting them hooked in as well. As with most HOBBIES in life you never going to get back what you put in it so you either pay the cost and keep enjoying or finally say enough is enough and get out of it. That's really your only 2 options.
d00bies
Joined in Dec 2018

59 post(s)
March 10, 2019
Being a very particular & frugal collector. I immediately pass on most every game/event (except maybe the advent calander).
The only thing that is really worth my investment is the credit bonus!
🐱😎

Here here!
dolphins109
Joined in Feb 2011

790 post(s)
March 10, 2019
I felt like a cat trying to catch a light beam reflected on a wall when the exclusive card appeared in the store. TOTEM sorry but placing special event cards in the store is really *****.
and that is so true 😒
dolphins109
Joined in Feb 2011

790 post(s)
March 10, 2019
well lets see what monday & tueday brings have a great sunday every one. 👍
BlakeQuinn
Joined in Nov 2013

1 post(s)
March 10, 2019
Welp, including the credits won from the scratches, I've used over 1K credits without a single special event card to show for it, and about 20 cards that I had absolutely no interest in.

Now, I'm one of probably very few who just decided to go headfirst into this, just to see what it's like since I missed the last scratch game, and... yeah, I'm not a fan. I'm still going to support Totem, because I do genuinely enjoy the service, but I can tell ya that I'm not playing any other scratch games that might come up, period, UNLESS there's something like "spend <X amount> credits and get one special event card guaranteed," or some other way to make sure that I don't just end up wasting a ton of credits, while - at best - getting cards I already decided not to get, even when given 50 or 75% discounts in the slot machine.

I honestly hope that either this game at the very least won't include exclusives in the future, or gets some way that you can be sure to get the exclusive card within a certain reasonable number of tries, if it has to come back at all. The slot machine at the very least always gave something (even if you weren't interested), which the scratch cards don't & only cost 1 credit per spin, as opposed to 10 times that much, where you might not even get anything, or be given cards that you never wanted in your collection to begin with.
Omgman
Joined in Oct 2014

18 post(s)
March 10, 2019
I really wanted this new special card so here are my stats:

800 + all of the bonus credits used
  • > about 300 scratch cards maybe even more
  • > I was rewarded with 100 credits 4 or 5 tiimes and got 10 credits back every other scratch card

85 cards recieved in total
  • > 3 of them were special cards (and 15 other special scratch cards were empty. The odds (for me) for a special scratch card to show up were about 1/19 )
  • > 29 of those 85 cards were medium quality cards = 301,6 credits
  • > 13 cards were standard quality = 169 credits
  • > 43 were premimum quality cards (including special cards) = 650 credits + 3*X (where X are the special cards)

I would consider buying 13 of those 85 cards (2 special cards included)

So in the end I recieved cards worth 1120,6 credits for 800 credits.
buying the 11 cards I wanted (special cards excluded) I would pay 181,5 credits which means that 2 special cards were effectively sold for 618,5 credits.
andr01d
Joined in Aug 2008

17 post(s)
March 10, 2019
333 Credits, All I wanted was to not miss that Special Event Card, but all I have to show for it is 11 shitty cards which are either lowres, or not on my wishlist.

I'm all for having promotions to encourage people to spend their credits, but when the odds are stacked against the player, it just makes me feel cheated never want to spend money on this platform ever again!

We should be rewarded for playing!
Sexy3DBoy
Joined in Jun 2011

469 post(s)
March 10, 2019
Quand on joue, on prend le risque de perdre, ce qui est selon moi la plus forte
probabilité. Perso, je ne joue jamais même quand je me rends à Las Vegas où
même quand la miss qui est l'enjeu me fait bander, comme ici Ginebra, et que
bien sûr comme beaucoup j'aimerai l'avoir dans ma collection.
Que Totem fasse du business, c'est tout à fait normal, le monde tourne autour
du gain, tous les secteurs sont impactés même le marché de la pauvreté.
Que Totem essaie de vendre au maximun son stock de cartes, quoi de plus normal!!!
Nul n'est obligé de souscrire aux Calendars et autres formules de ventes packagées.
Lesdites formules ont juste le mérite d'exister, et si l'on ne peut pas acheter directement certaines cartes et bien c'est pas grave, il y en aura d'autres (des super nanas).

Et puis tout philosophe même en herbe sait que la vie est une grande tragédie...

soundblazer
Joined in Nov 2017

3 post(s)
March 10, 2019
I'm not a hge fan of the special event cards. I've dpent hundreds of dollars on this app. I dhould be able to by any card i wnat. Its not woth the extra dime to get a card when i already have all that modles shows. I will continue to buy the cards i want but i aint bening over backwards for "EXCUSIVE."
Sexy3DBoy
Joined in Jun 2011

469 post(s)
March 10, 2019
We have always wanted to do "exclusive / rare" shows. They do exist now and we believe they are a real added value to our content.
No, these games are not illegal. We are a serious company and we have inquired with our lawyers.
Remember that our games of chance are not here to "squeeze" you like I read on this thread but to make discounts and promotions more playful.
I understand that some of you don't like games of chance, In this case, I just ask you to be respectful for those who like them and wait for the next promotion. Please keep in mind that we have many members who are very happy to benefit from these promotions cause they don't have the permanent discount you have.

Moreover, even if "special event cards" appear in games of chance, you can also get them on promos that don't depend on chance, like black Friday, pre orders etc.

Agree with this, I hope that Totem has made a lot of money with this kind
of game. Ginebra is a very attractive girl so there are a lot of gamers,
we win, we loose and the life continues. However, If I still want this card,
I would have to wait an another opportunity, that means perhaps the next
TGIF, who knows...
gatroll
Joined in Jul 2009

26 post(s)
March 10, 2019
Its good to see I am not the only user who is unhappy with the gambling game and exlusive cards. Its really making me feel sour towards iStripper.

Pitty.
FantomDuck
Joined in Mar 2008

33 post(s)
March 10, 2019
Those that don't like these gumbling games/practices should stop playing them and even better should stop buying credits all-together.

Companies don't respect the clients. Companies respect their client's money. Totem uses the gambling games because people like to gamble.

You're displeased with Totem's practice? Stop rewarding them with your money. Then maybe they will start to respect you....

ps. I played enough with the scratch game to understand that, the more you play the less chances you have to win.
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
March 10, 2019
@gatroll

For what it is worth, I for one, am not unhappy with the gambling game and exclusive cards.

For me it is easy to not gamble in these games, and I am sure that exclusive, limited cards have their place.

What has irritated me enough to stop buying credits is exclusive, unbuyable cards being visible in the store. And placing a BS marking on the card image that requires the use of the latest software does not change the fact that unbuyable product is there, taunting once loyal customers.

As it is right now, I have enough credits on hand to get to triple diamond using just my my status discount. I will reconsider becoming a credit buying customer at that time if the company has changed it's placement of exclusive cards, or if iStripper is even still in buisiness.
gatroll
Joined in Jul 2009

26 post(s)
March 10, 2019
@Chicsans

I'm with you on being irritated that the unbuyable exclusive card is shown in the store!
spacedragon64
Joined in Apr 2008

119 post(s)
March 10, 2019
Finally decide to play this gambling game i dislike, but with a low limit on how much credit i will lose. I may get lucky for the precious card.
got 4 medium card, and 2 standard ones, but i know these games always favor older quality cards.
and officially won 2x10 credit, and 1x50...that i got the credit back.
BUT the thing that make me stop playing, before the amount of credit i was ready to lose was gone...is a win of 50 pts (had 3 S, and the software say i win)...but no credit back, and that didn't appear in my history. So, i'm done with this game.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
March 10, 2019 (edited)
@spacedragon64 - occasionally glitches occur such that expected updates of your status, in particular your credits or last purchased card, do not become immediately visible as they should be. In almost all cases this is just a problem with displaying the information on your system but Totem will have the proper data recorded on their servers.

Try the following increasingly severe attempts to rectify the display

1) Manually synchronise with servers via the settings tab of the iStripper app.
2) Quit iStripper via the taskbar icon's menu and restarting iStripper
3) Rebooting your computer and/or router

None of these should be necessary, but network glitches happen and in the past I have had to resort to each of these to fix an apparent problem.

If all of these fail then raise the problem with Totem.
spacedragon64
Joined in Apr 2008

119 post(s)
March 10, 2019
@TheEmu - occasionally glitches occur such that expected updates of your status, in particular your credits or last purchased card, do not become immediately visible as they should be. In almost all cases this is just a problem with displaying the information on your system but Totem will have the proper data recorded on their servers.Try the following increasingly severe attempts to rectify the display1) Manually synchronise with servers via the settings tab of the iStripper app.2) Quit iStripper via the taskbar icon's menu and restarting iStripper3) Rebooting your computer and/or routerNone of these should be necessary, but network glitches happen and in the past I have had to resort to each of these to fix an apparent problem.If all of these fail then raise the problem with Totem.

Good advice there (thank's)...that i do sometime (mostly the sync with server and rarely an iStripper restart), and that usually do the trick. Not this time, it was a glitch (like some on this topic). I won't make a ticket with Totem, because , in a way, i get credit back each time i buy a card, at 45% rebate....and i prefer to forget it...

I do hope that...this exclusive card, in a game, will be the last....
64buick2
Joined in Jul 2008

102 post(s)
March 10, 2019
Well, after all the negative comments I was wary about playing the game. But I wanted Ginebra in my collection so bad that I went for it anyway. After about an hour I finally got her, and two other cards and got an extra 50 or more credits to my account. The game was easy ... you would pay for credits but you would win them back so you weren't in the hole too quickly. Plus I made sure I had a beautiful dancer on the screen the whole time.

And the Ginebra show is well worth the wait. She is amazing, stunning, absolutely adorable!!
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
March 10, 2019
And the Ginebra show is well worth the wait. She is amazing, stunning, absolutely adorable!!

Is she? I wouldn't know. All that I have seen of her is the 3 clip preview which I have downloaded. To me she's kind of meh.
Omgman
Joined in Oct 2014

18 post(s)
March 10, 2019
Is she? I wouldn't know. All that I have seen of her is the 3 clip preview which I have downloaded. To me she's kind of meh.

yup "meh" is quite accurate. This is an overpriced "Melena Tara / Solo" version but less energetic. I Prefer the melena card and wouldn't recommend Ginebras premiium show if she isn't your absolute favorite model
nicetry
Joined in Apr 2010

20 post(s)
March 11, 2019
Well, after all the negative comments I was wary about playing the game. But I wanted Ginebra in my collection so bad that I went for it anyway. After about an hour I finally got her, and two other cards and got an extra 50 or more credits to my account. The game was easy ... you would pay for credits but you would win them back so you weren't in the hole too quickly. Plus I made sure I had a beautiful dancer on the screen the whole time.

i'm the same way but for me the ginebra card was the only card to get after about a 1000 credits i got her and was 80 credits more then when i started
64buick2
Joined in Jul 2008

102 post(s)
March 11, 2019
[quoteTo me she's kind of meh.[/quote]

Heh ... well, everyone has different tastes and I'm not demeaning yours or Omgman's but the girl has consistently received ratings in the 4.5 to 4.75 range in her earlier shows. The current "special" card is only sitting at 4.0 but surely this is influenced more by the scratch game than Ginebra's performance.
HonourSamurai
Joined in Jun 2011

4 post(s)
March 11, 2019
I wasn't going to have anything to do with this promotion but curiosity got the better of me, I purchased 6 tickets and it was a waste! I had 4 winning cards out the 6, all shows that I had no intention of adding to my collection by choice. The two cards that were not winners had 100 credits and the other was the Ginebra exclusive show, because of course it would be!
This has made me not want to bother with anymore chance/gambling games Totem may do in the future, I would normally give the weekend slot machine a few spins when that promotion is on but now I don't think I would even do that anymore.
I would rather exclusive shows be avaliable for everyone for a limited time, even if the show cost more than the normal amount, that way everyone has the opportunity to have the exclusive shows if they wanted them.
Does anyone else agree? Would you rather spend 30,40,50 credits in the space of 48 hours for an exclusive show or continue to throw away hundreds / thousands of credits for ultimately nothing?
nicetry
Joined in Apr 2010

20 post(s)
March 11, 2019
this was not that bad of a game. If did't make back the credits i was spending i just would tryed so hard at one point i was 400 in the hole and got them all back
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
March 11, 2019
[quoteTo me she's kind of meh.

Heh ... well, everyone has different tastes and I'm not demeaning yours or Omgman's but the girl has consistently received ratings in the 4.5 to 4.75 range in her earlier shows. The current "special" card is only sitting at 4.0 but surely this is influenced more by the scratch game than Ginebra's performance.[/quote]

I really wouldn't know that. All that I have seen of her is in the 3 preview clips of the current “special” card.
JonnBGood
Joined in Jul 2018

248 post(s)
March 11, 2019 (edited)
Veni, Vidi, Vici Bitches... All 4 ... DONE ....Easily made my credits back too and it would have staid that way if I had any self control... but then again if I had that I wouldn't be here in the first place would I? lol

Now let me check where did I put that dawgone rent money? Oh wait I forgot Totem has it lol Joking LOVE YOU!
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
March 11, 2019
@Interestincard

I still remember the stress to get the new cards on summer 2015 when I started here. 20% discount during a week. And after that a new card was really expensive for a new user.

LUXURY.....We had it tough. We had to sit beside our computers late on a Thursday night and into the early Friday morning, waiting for the new card to be released. It was one card per week in those days. Card release was not at the same time every week, and was discounted for a very short span of hours.
dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

443 post(s)
March 11, 2019
this was not that bad of a game. If did't make back the credits i was spending i just would tryed so hard at one point i was 400 in the hole and got them all back

It probably helps that you have 4,000 cards so there is not a lot of opportunity to get cards you don't wan't and 400 credits to get one card seems a bit much to me but to each their own. For most this remains a foolish gamble but glad it worked out for you.
64buick2
Joined in Jul 2008

102 post(s)
March 11, 2019
I believe, definitely, the more cards in your account the better your chances in *this particular* game of chance. And in gratitude for this I purchased a lot ... over fifty ... of the classic cards that I probably would never have looked at.

Some of these cards, over twenty years old, feature awesome nude photography. Probably won't see all of it over the next year but OMG! .... I remember pictures like these were like gold, platinum in the days of my youth (over 30 years ago!). Well worth the puny 5 or 6 tokens per show iStripper asks for.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !