lukaszr
Joined in Dec 2007

719 post(s)
January 15, 2019
Recently, I have been working on a new tool. What I wanted to show here is probably not for collectors.

Remover, because that's how this new tool is called, is a batch script that helps you manage the disk space occupied by iStripper files.

Download Remover v1.0
www.isworkshop.eu/index.php?p=remover

Description (from the readme file)
With the increase of content resolution and the increasing number of cards in your collection, the free disk space shrinks. Over time, the size of files in your collection may increase to several dozen, several hundred, or even several thousand gigabytes (terabytes). It is possible that many of these files are useless for you and take up space unnecessarily. Maybe you don't need a huge number of previews of shows you will never buy? Maybe you have a lot of clips in your collection or even entire shows that you'll never watch? Perhaps you would like to get rid of these files to free up space on your hard drive? The iStripper program, although it has several built-in functions that allow you to delete unnecessary files, is not able to perform all the actions. Remover may be helpful in such situations.

Remover allows you to easily get rid of the whole set of unnecessary files. Choose the option you want from the menu and confirm your choice, and the script will do the rest for you.

What Remover can do:
    • Removes previews of non purchased cards,
    • Removes regular demo files,
    • Removes regular and interactive (transition) demo files,
    • Removes inactive clips (all at once),
    • Removes inactive cards (all at once),
    • Removes deleted cards (files and folders left after card deletion),
    • Removes intermediate files.

What Remover cannot do:
    • Not removes stains from the shirt 😊
    • Not removes dirt from under the nails 😆
    • Not removes the poop of your neighbor's dog from the lawn 😀

Where did the idea came from?
Some time ago, when I read this topic:
http://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/41036/1?post=604211
You are not allowed to see this topic or access data relative to this topic
I thought it was a good idea. I've already had a few scripts that do similar things, so why not combine them together and automate it a little?

More
More details and instructions have been attached to the ZIP package. They are also available here:
www.isworkshop.eu/index.php?p=remover_how

Remover works on Windows systems. It has been tested with Windows 7 SP1 (64-bit), but should also work on Windows XP and newer versions of Windows. The operation of the Remover script is independent of the iStripper version.

As always, let me know in this topic if you find any bugs.
haruchai
Joined in Feb 2008

167 post(s)
January 15, 2019 (edited)
Thanks for this.

cdub87
Joined in Apr 2008

397 post(s)
January 19, 2019
  • Removes intermediate files.

What are these files?
spiderman1804
Joined in Feb 2008

439 post(s)
January 19, 2019 (edited)
Removes intermediate files.

What are these files?

This option removes the following files:
  • Files with the extension DLMCDF
  • Files with the extension VHDASKSHOWS

These files may be present on an incomplete download. If a card has not been completely downloaded iStripper can not use this card. Sometimes these files can also prevent a re-download.

These files exist only during the download. If all files have been successfully downloaded from the card, these files have been automatically removed.
fitfan
Joined in Aug 2018

58 post(s)
January 26, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to do this. Maybe they can throw you a few sheckles/credits and use your code to integrate into the application. I will give it a shot. :) 👌👍
fitfan
Joined in Aug 2018

58 post(s)
January 26, 2019
AV is redirecting me away from your site. Says "This site has been identified to have malicious content" Anyway you can share zip file though google drive link?
lukaszr
Joined in Dec 2007

719 post(s)
January 26, 2019
Could you send me a screenshot with the message from your AV?
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3759 post(s)
January 26, 2019 (edited)
I wish that everyone would do this 1st, before jumping on a host about a virus.
it takes 15 seconds of your time.

Please use VirusTotal.com

Look Here. the WorkShop is 100% clean !

The remover page
https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/7a7a37b0c94f26c10e6676691f16bb39bc02845d56e8a74bb8ee181dbb0905ac/detection

the Main page
https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/96095eba4f3f5037262e12846c62e96be735503dc472a3a4708213eaf487f615/detection

The Downloaded Remover.zip file
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/fff17c7ad45ce770f9ff868f271e0a5f4cc31f66c9d5a218774eb2ab2d145c01/detection
lukaszr
Joined in Dec 2007

719 post(s)
January 27, 2019
That damned Norton analyzed my website only once, saved the information about the potential threat in their database and stopped there. When the potential threat (cmdow.exe) was removed, Norton didn't deign to re-analyze my website again and it still displays the nonsense about the threat.

I've sent to Symantec a request to re-check my website and update entries in their database. According to information on their webpages, I will have to wait about two weeks for the answer. I will wait and see.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !