Windows Defender Antivirus just quarantined iStripper trojan

Forum / New users corner

thenob
Joined in Sep 2008

2 post(s)
December 28, 2018
Windows Defender Antivirus just quarantined VGHD (latest iStripper version, installed yesterday) because it presumably recognized a trojan in it:

Trojan: Win32/Cloxer.D!cl

microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/…

Some clarification would be nice 😐
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3742 post(s)
December 28, 2018 (edited)
It is a False Positive...

Please update Defender to newest update..

Also, I have my entire VGHD folder set as an Exception...
So Defender or other Security software, doesn't need to look in there..
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3742 post(s)
December 28, 2018
Windows Defender uses a Cloud Based AI detection.
It creates a Hash code for the App, then compares it to what is in the Cloud. No matching Hash Codes with Positive Reputation,
The AI often will detect a False Positive and Assign it a name.

All it means is there is not Yet Enough Cloud Based Information that Identify the app as NOT a Threat.
It looks Suspicious to the AI, so it Errors on the Side of Safety and Flags it as a Threat.

( hummm I don't know about this app, but it looks suspicious,
it has P2P code and a Downloader built in to it, no Cloud based reputation yet, so It might be a threat... )

As the Cloud gains positive Reputation of the App, the AI will stop flagging it as a False Positive.

thenob
Joined in Sep 2008

2 post(s)
December 28, 2018
Alright. Thank you for your help. 👍
Giftschrank
Joined in Dec 2018

4 post(s)
January 2, 2019
Just had the same problem. It was like the bouncer was refusing to let the girls into the club. Thanks for the quick response.
jonmac
Joined in May 2013

14 post(s)
January 24, 2019
I had a problem Gridinsoft, it was wiping out all istripper files. So I dumped the whole program to the recycle bin. so far the problem hasn't returned.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !