How do I reinstall iStripper and keep my dancers?

Forum / New users corner

i25026985
Joined in Feb 2017

7 post(s)
March 19, 2017
How do you do this?

Some online tech support ran a registry cleaner and other debugging software, and now iStripper won't run. The executable is on my drive, but something is keeping it from running, and I think it's my registry, but don' know.

I need to know how to reinstall istripper and keep my dancers. I have 15, and I am not willing to lose them.

Please help if you can, but PLEASE do not guess. I need the right answer, not guesses
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1025 post(s)
March 19, 2017
This is neither the final answer nor a complete answer, but there are some questions you probably need to answer. If you have a Mac (I don't think you do), I can help you with details. If you are running on Windows, Wyldanimal is you best source of correct information.

Here are some questions you should answer:

1. What operating system are you running iStripper on?
2. What version of iStripper were you running and what version do you wish to run now?
3. Are your old models and data folders undamaged?
4. Are your models and data folders in the default location or did you move them?
5. Do you know your user password? (Don't provide the password here, just determine that you have it.) If you don't have your password you will need to contact Totem support to reset it.

So long as you have your password, you have lost nothing. At the worst you can download them all for free from Totem's web site by rebuilding your collection. However, you may be able to save some time by simply pointing iStripper to your existing folders.

If you are running on Windows you may have to do something with the registry and I'm not a Windows person. For the Mac you may needed to rebuild of patch the Totem preferences file and I can help you with that.

A common problem that people have when reinstalling iStripper after a crash is that they accidentally create a new account rather than signing on to the existing account where their current card collection is recorded. If this happens, it is easy to fix, but don't buy any new cards until you are sure you are signed-on to your original account.
Manue
TEAM
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Joined in Nov 2014

1027 post(s)
March 20, 2017
@i25026985 Hi, does the new installation work ? Let us know : )
desexyvideoclub
Joined in Sep 2016

102 post(s)
March 26, 2017
1) Make sure you know old password and account name.
2) Remove istripper from old installation.
3) Reinstall the program, and try to log in
if logging in fail try:
A: Restart password
B: Request on the forum to unlock the username

This is how it always works for me and I have done it 5 times so far
Good Luck
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
March 26, 2017 (edited)
You're on Windows 7. Same as me. Whenever I run across problems like this, I use sys restore. Choose a recent time and let Windows fix your issues. Most of the time, this works for me :)

I know these type of 'tech support' ads and they are fake. They install malware. Never, ever run these kinds of programs. I'll take it further. DO NOT EVER run software that you didn't specifically ask or search for. You are asking for trouble. Trust me :)
FbiMANN0011
Joined in Feb 2018

1 post(s)
February 22, 2018
This was a big Help. Reinstall With Ole ID & PW And I Kept My Ladies. Thanks!
ANTON386
Joined in Apr 2018

2 post(s)
May 7, 2018 (edited)
Zmieniłem dysk twardy.Jak moge przenieś mój profil z zakupiona kartą do noweg systemu?
Proszę o odpowiedz po polsku
lukaszr
Joined in Dec 2007

719 post(s)
May 8, 2018
Cześć @Anton386
Zainstaluj iStripper w nowym systemie i uruchom go. Przy pierwszym uruchomieniu pojawi się ekran powitalny, podobny do tego na obrazku:

http://img.oyksoft.com/pic/201709/14133515_7415dcec02.png

Nie klikaj w przycisk Continue. Zamiast tego zwróć uwagę na napis poniżej przycisku. Pisze tam:

Already a member? Click here

co w wolnym tłumaczeniu na polski oznacza:

Posiadasz już konto? Kliknij tutaj

Kliknij więc napis click here. W kolejnym oknie wpisz nazwę użytkownika oraz hasło powiązane z twoim kontem. Po zalogowaniu twoja kolekcja zostanie odtworzona automatycznie.

W przypadku gdy zainstalowałeś już iStripper i przy pierwszym uruchomieniu kliknąłeś przycisk Continue, system utworzył nowe konto nadając nową nazwę użytkownika. Nie przejmuj się tym, nic straconego. Otwórz iStripper i wykonaj poniższe czynności:

1. przejdź do zakładki Settings (Ustawienia). To taka ikonka z kółkiem zębatym w górnym prawym rogu okienka.
2. zaznacz opcję Advanced settings (Ustawienia zaawansowane). Domyślnie jest ona odznaczona.
3. pojawią się trzy nowe przyciski, wśród których środkowy nosi nazwę Register again (Zarejestruj ponownie). Kliknij go.
4. pojawi się ostrzeżenie o tym, że twoja dotychczasowa kolekcja zostanie skasowana i takie tam... nie przejmuj się tym. Potwierdź operację klikając Yes (Tak).
5. podczas ponownej rejestracji użyj swojego dotychczasowego loginu i hasła.
lukaszr
Joined in Dec 2007

719 post(s)
June 24, 2018
Same as above, but translated:

Install iStripper on the new system and run the application. At the first launch a welcome screen will appear, similar to the one in the picture:

http://img.oyksoft.com/pic/201709/14133515_7415dcec02.png

DO NOT click the Continue button. Instead, pay attention to the text below the button. It says:

Already a member? Click here

So click on the click here button. In the next window, enter the username and password associated with your old account. After logging in, your collection will be rebuilt automatically.

In case you have already installed iStripper and if you clicked on the Continue button, the system created a new account giving a new username. Don't worry. Open iStripper and do the following:

1. go to the Settings tab. It is an icon with a toothed wheel in the upper right corner of the window.
2. check the Advanced settings option. By default it is unchecked.
3. there will be three new buttons, among which the middle one is called Register again. Click it.
4. a warning will appear. It says that your current collection will be deleted and something, something... Don't worry about that. Confirm the operation by clicking Yes.
5. When re-registering, use your old login and password.
ANTON386
Joined in Apr 2018

2 post(s)
July 27, 2018 (edited)
dziękuję za poradę,wszystko działa :-)

Thank you all for the advice

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !