Forum / Everything about iStripper

EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2430 post(s)
May 6, 2018 (edited)
@DANO
way back in the following post
http://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/27449/24?post=476432
Everything about iStripper / Discussions for Scenes for Version 1.2.X Fullscreen Mode here
Thanks guys - the Jimi Hendrix song "If 6 was 9" is now running through my head. The consequences of that beggar belief. Either I would be less beautiful with smaller tits :-)))) or she would be so fa...
@Number6 reported that he was having less stuttering with his
Radeon card by adjusting iterations in the code of
Shadertoy Unknown #e226782.2 shader. Also as a side point it
seemed helpful at the time to reduce stuttering by reducing
the number of colors in the shader via some careful tweeking.

I assume those type of things are what @TheEmu means by
'..or by code in the shader itself.'
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
May 6, 2018
That is not quite what i meant.

If you have a shader that is oveloading your GPU you have two options

1) Keep the work done per pixel the same, but reduce the number of pixels

2) Keep the number of pixels the same, but reduce the work done per pixel.

Option 1 can be achieved by by using a framebuffer that is smaller than the screen or by using a quad or sprite to restrict the area that the sahder acts on or else by having code in the shader that says something like

If current pixel in the area of interrest
... determine its colour using the full calculation
else
... set the pixel to some fixed colour or to transparent.
end if

Option 2 can be done by rewriting the algorithm to be more efficient, which can be very difficult. However in some cases you can reduce the number of iterrations used by one or more loops, this will normally reduce the quality of the result but if that is acceptable then it can be very effective.
DANO70
Joined in Feb 2008

741 post(s)
May 9, 2018
It's not that big of deal to me really. I don't like to run demanding shader scenes very long anyway. You guys don't have to do anything on my el-cheapo account😂
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2430 post(s)
May 23, 2018 (edited)
@D7
I Love your work with @TheEmu s Carousels. Very cool effect indeed Maestro 😎👌❤️
You got me inspired to dust off and upgrade the Games Development Euro Roulette experiments I did from march last year..omg !!. Funnish to play now...I will post da full version up this weekend in Share thread so you might check it out. It is worth noting , I have kept it entirely shaderless so I'll appreciate any feedback on how or whether it works ok on anyone's system. Thanks lots 👍
DANO70
Joined in Feb 2008

741 post(s)
May 23, 2018
The carousel works so good with multiple models. I've allways loved it for that alone. Can't wait to give it a spin....LOL
stefnev1
Joined in Jul 2008

4455 post(s)
May 23, 2018
I really like this "roulette" of love. Bravo 👌
DANO70
Joined in Feb 2008

741 post(s)
May 25, 2018 (edited)
LOL...You just don't cease to amaze @E.T. The only ***** thing I see wrong is the little gray/red win/loss wheels pop up outside the board a bit on the sides in some. Easily fixed on my end though no biggie. Other than that everything runs fine even the shader one.
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2430 post(s)
May 25, 2018 (edited)
@D7, Yay it Works on your rig !!.
I like these " ..just a glimpse of close-up..." type scenes.
A tres sexy concept to persue more....thanks man 😊👍😎
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2430 post(s)
May 30, 2018 (edited)
@D7 et @Steffi et all, Hey Guys..
I've been experimenting with some new ways of rendering spheres with sampler textures..
Once again will appreciate any feedback re whether it runs or croaks on your systems. ;-)
I will put the code scns up for it this weekend. Tks a lot 👍
JayZ971
Joined in Mar 2009

2209 post(s)
May 31, 2018
@EverthangForever
Looking forward to testing your scenes this weekend......btw excellent job on the "Roulette Carousel" remix 😎👍
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2430 post(s)
May 31, 2018 (edited)
http://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/29408/24?post=581604
Everything about iStripper / Share your FullScreen - Member Created Scenes here
Jun 01 Rendered sphere effect using IQ's Boxmapping.fsh Deploys model opacities via @TheEmus code in carousel style. Two like shaders are run rendering separate textures, with one shader sharing multi...
Hey @JayZ971 tks ;-) , I have to step out today, so just needed to tidy up the Zip to put it up.
It feeds on past ET textures with da same open directories, which is a lot of fun when you
see the unusual combinations which can arise.

Following on from roulette, it uses similar principles of momentarily hiding or putting the model in the distance instead of ~ in your face ~ all the time, imho this adds interest ~ I like that tease aspect in scenes very much ;-)

On the coding side, I've asked the 'Pleading Cat' here, because I spent quite a bit of time looking for a good graphic of iStripper Logo in order to render it onto the 'sphere'. I cannot find iS Logo on the GUI at all. Not even in Help section :-/
I eventually had to find it via googling for the old Logo competition results, would you believe..??:-/..
https://99designs.com.au/logo-design/contests/logo-design-istripper-software-displays-stripteases-desktop-601110

Logo prominance, is something for @Team to consider adding somewhere in their upcoming GUI June upgrade or beyond methinks. After all, why have a Logo, if it is not gonna be stamped on your product ?

Anyhow the Pleading Cat above, is mainly begging resident boffins particularly @Lezardo , @TheEmu , @Wyldanimal @Z22 ..or @anyone , PLEASE.. please help ET mod the coding for Inigo Quilez's Boxmapping.fsh to scroll sampler textures to be more like TheEmuRemix of Inigo Quillez' Planet.fsh
ie: IQ's Planet scrolls upright textures sideways well, but unfortunately includes some unwanted shadowing / transparency effects. However the tiling (of seams there) is quite good.

Both shader mods are in ET's Shaders folder if anyone wants to look at the .fsh code and have a go. It all assists prominance of proper iStripper Logo recognition in the long run methink & helps everyone.
Thanks lots in advance
for any help recoding Boxmapping.fsh to show an iStripper Logo rendered sampler movement properly ( ie: upright, pervasive and the right way around) a la planet.fsh style. 👍

Edit: If you are having trouble running the scenes for this project smoothly, don't dispair ..
I figure, a lot can yet be done by members to minimise wasteful processing & memory use. eg:

~ Use of quads instead of 18 textures for .fsh substrates
~ nest one use of Boxmapping.fsh instead of repeating in 18 instances of quads & .fsh
~ use of smaller size and jpg textures in open tex sampler directories
~ re-jig this whole approach to 'spheres' in some other breakthrough way. ( @TheEmu , @WA ideas pls ??:)
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2430 post(s)
June 1, 2018 (edited)
In the end, I did mull through this enough to get a rough outcome
of the effect being looked for above, for our models to dance around,, however..
constructing it was no way near the manner I expected it to happen..
if anyone needs to see what that was, I can update to include within the existing zip
next week sometime.
Although a modded Planet.fsh does project a flat scrolling logo array better,
I have to conclude that boxmapping.fsh does a way better job projecting more interesting
general texture wraps onto the sphere than planet.fsh ever did.

Thats probably why IQ remodded the sphere concept 2 years later using ray trace in
symmetry quarters. Boxmapping looks way more entertaining ( as per in the last share zip)
with your open directory works anyhow..imho.
Keep on collecting textures, coding .scns 😊 and modding .fsh guys ;-) The tweeking becomes quite addictive.
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2430 post(s)
June 2, 2018 (edited)
if anyone needs to see what that was, I can update to include within the existing zip
next week sometime.
That update of ET - FractalGarden036A.scn, using Planet.fsh for a clean iSLogo scroll
has now been posted in da Share thread for download. tksalot ;-)
If you downloaded same link for first time after may 02, pls ignore updating... Its already in there.
Have a nice day 😵
DANO70
Joined in Feb 2008

741 post(s)
June 2, 2018 (edited)
As usual the amazement continues @E.T.👍

And they all run smooth as silk for me👌
As I say it's only the harsh shaders that I have trouble with.
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2430 post(s)
June 2, 2018
Thanks @DANO Good to know its working for you 😊
DANO70
Joined in Feb 2008

741 post(s)
June 9, 2018
@E.T.

Ha ha ha... The stick man cometh...That one is just too freaking cool !!

Again smooth as silk running👍
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2430 post(s)
DANO70
Joined in Feb 2008

741 post(s)
June 9, 2018
LOL..your logo swapping in is quiet cool. You say Emu did a version of it ? I'm going to have dig that one out of my external drive if I have it.😀
DANO70
Joined in Feb 2008

741 post(s)
June 11, 2018 (edited)
@Z22

I can't even run the 1 girl on my "potato'' without some slowdown. I'm not even trying 3...LMAO😂 I'm sure everbody else will love it. It is cool that's for sure.
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 post(s)
June 11, 2018
@DAN, :(
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 post(s)
June 11, 2018
@Dan, drop this file into the same dir as trippy.scn.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xxHErdcfpxS2WFrEgv7QP9OFPYKdKZJT

Halved the resolution to make it a bit more potato friendly.
DANO70
Joined in Feb 2008

741 post(s)
June 11, 2018
@Z22

Hey that runs great ! Thanks alot. It is "potato friendly"😂
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2430 post(s)
June 11, 2018 (edited)
http://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/29408/24?post=582597
Three times the fun?
@Z22 & @D7 et al
Very cool @Z22. Like it a lot 👍😵
Interesting thing happens when you try adding a .scn logo: parameter (above)
Trippy grabs it as a permanent background.:-) yikes !
I guess because there are lots of framebuffers feeding off an open source
in da files ie: by default the Clip is the only thing available.
It also happens for any other texture put in the directory (sans coding), ~depleting the
clipsprite effect down to da bare bones (above right ).
Any chance of making this a tad more portable / specific ?
ie: doing a single wrap-up .fsh version of this which allows us to
have the combined effect in the one shader, like Emu did with the Slice thang
which we can then apply to specific sampler textures (not just one clipsprite) but elsewhere too ?
Or just even do a version with a background would be so great...
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 post(s)
June 11, 2018 (edited)
@ET, as far as i can tell the feedbackbuffer relies on a bug(no file specified in texture) that should throw up an error.

I think it's because there is no texture it grabs the texture from the first buffer which is the screen, this causes the feedback al la giess/winamp. It was the first thing i discovered when i started messing with the scenes. As yet i haven't found a way of wrapping it up because of this looping. With a bit of messing about i could maybe wrap the 4 shaders into one but this was just an accidental discovery while i was comparing the 2 main shaders outputs( they are both sharpening masks with different methods and slight different outputs, when i let the first pass it out without mixing with g4.rgb that is)

I don't think you could apply the effect to say a rectangle and have it only effect that because of the way it loops in istrippers screen buffer. Worth a go though...

Edit, think i may have figured it out, will give it a go later.
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 post(s)
June 11, 2018
Hmm... I thought there was a three different girls on screen at the same time in the scenes. If there was there isn't anymore.
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2430 post(s)
June 12, 2018 (edited)
http://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/29408/24?post=582942
3 versions Trippy 5 way 4k. (doubtfull it will work on igpu's) Trippy Potato 1080p Trippy Potato Refract 1080p https://drive.google.com/open?id=11CaiZfX42ovvd0O9SzypOcyico2xMMB_
@Z22 btw..The iStripper GUI forum doesn't like the d/l links to end in an underscore..
Guys ...paste the link in the Share thread into ya browser to download it.

Tks for showing the correct nesting on Trippy_Potato_Refract.scn
and esp. Trippy_5_way.scn.
I wuz going nuts trying to place a plain 2nd clipsprite over the
shadered others in da original Trippy..getting doubled up models etc haha :-)

Trying to see what function the NormalMap jpg plays, without it being
hijacked by the rest of the Trippy shaders..or maybe it is.. Great progress
@Z22 especially including a TPR 'clean girl' overlay with it in pic 2 .. .More power to ya 👍
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 post(s)
June 12, 2018 (edited)
The normalmap.jpg goes into the refract shader(used previously to make glass girls and fast 3d girls) but in this version the girl is refracted by the texture not the other way round.

It can be adapted to refract properly with a correct normal map rather than a random jpg but this suffices(i have made a correct one somewhere but its burried). So red wil be up/down refraction green left/right blue in/out(height of surface aka. quantity)

example normal map... https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/Normal_map_example_-_Map.png
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 post(s)
June 12, 2018 (edited)
You could use the refract shader to do frosted bathroom window glass or make her look like she is behind water ect ect.

Edit: The directions i mentioned for the normal map colours is wrong but you get the idea. The current version in trippy refacts based of slope of grayscale rather than direct colour.
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 post(s)
June 12, 2018 (edited)
Cut down demo of refraction using a correct map. (i may have green and red swapped over)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Wnl2VnvfCl5UHeCk0naXNkRm0aTNL0hh

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !