Saving Transferring Girls

Forum / New users corner

HurricaneWolf
Joined in Dec 2009

2 post(s)
April 1, 2012
I have downloaded and reinstalled VG and my 50 girls into my laptop. I wanted to also install VG onto my desktop without having to redownload the 20 gigs of models.

So, I had transferred the models from the laptop over to the desktop, placed them into the same file/ folders and yet the models do not appear. The application continues to say "Show not downloaded" even though they are physically there.

Am I missing something?

bin
data
models

I had transferred all three folders into my file below just as it is in the laptop.

C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\vghd

Thank you in advance for your help.
JonC001
Joined in Mar 2008

1382 post(s)
April 1, 2012
Is the path for VirtuaGirl (DeskBabes) exactly the same for both computers?
VirtuaGirl needs to recognize the location for the Models and Data folders.
If they have been moved to a different path, then it will not find them.
If the paths are different, then you will need to change this in the registration.
I cannot help you with that.

If the paths are the same, then go to the program options "Advanced Settings", right click on 'Synchronize with Server', then left click on 'rebuild all'.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3755 post(s)
April 1, 2012
I would start by checking the registry to make sure that the Paths set in the System
ModelsPath and DataPath match where you copied the files too.

Also make sure you are using the exact same account.
model files from one account cant be used on a different account.

If both of the above are OK.
then I would rebuild the collection..
go to Advance Settings
Right Click on Sync with Server
select Rebuild All
MAVERICK302
Joined in Feb 2008

286 post(s)
April 1, 2012
I guess you gonna have to download them directly from the site because I think - and just only my idea - that your desktop have to communicate with the site to verify many things with your computer to be sure everything it´s ok. Once I tried what you did but I had the same problem and I resolved it downloading from the site. Greetings I hope this can help you-
HurricaneWolf
Joined in Dec 2009

2 post(s)
April 2, 2012
Thank you all for your quick help on this matter. I have fixed the problem, however is truly baffling.

Keep in mind the virtuagirl version AND downloader versions are IDENTICAL on both computers..

On my laptop the data paths for the models happen to be...

C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\vghd

and in the vghd folder were the 3 folders bin, data and models (spelled as listed)
Also there are no folders listed for Totem or vghd in the AppData\Roaming folder at all.

On the desktop, the paths were different...but as such...

C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\vghd

and in the Roaming\vghd folder I had only the Data and models folder(spelled as listed) without the bin folder.

The "bin" folder on the desktop machine was found in

C:\Users\HurricaneWolf\AppData\Local\vghd

To make a longer story short, it is strange to me how both computers have the same operating system, used the same virtuagirl version and downloader yet executed the install completely differently on the machines.

I wound up moving the models and data file from the laptop over to the desktop, placing them into the Roaming folder and renaming the data folder from "data" to Data".

Everything seems to be working now. Sorry about the long post but maybe this can help someone else having a simular issue.
Thank you again for your efforts.

HighLifeontheSea
Joined in Jan 2012

6 post(s)
April 2, 2012
I would like to clean up my rapidly shrinking C drive by transferring all my VGHD and DB files to my new 4T external hard drive.

Can anyone help? A link someone posted earlier did not provide the answer; it only sent me to the electronic VG Answer Girl, who was no help.

Thank you.
JonC001
Joined in Mar 2008

1382 post(s)
April 2, 2012
HighLifeontheSea, go to "Help"
Click on "Customer Service" (a pop up will appear)
Click on 'Models'
Click on 'How can I change the place where my models are stored ?'
HighLifeontheSea
Joined in Jan 2012

6 post(s)
April 2, 2012
I can't figure out how to go to my external hard drive and create the string

F:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_COMPUTER_USERNAME\Application Data\Local

When I create a new folder, it won't accept signs like : and \

HighLifeontheSea
Joined in Jan 2012

6 post(s)
April 2, 2012
Thank for for your assistance, JonC001
JonC001
Joined in Mar 2008

1382 post(s)
April 2, 2012 (edited)
You are welcome!

edit: Did you actually figure this out correctly?
If not, just go to your external hard drive, then create a vghd folder (do not use signs). In this folder, then place the Data and Models folders that Virtuagirl uses to store your girls (animation, picture, and data files).
Check out the small screenshot.
I created a folder called 'me' on the external hard drive (J), then I created a folder called 'SexyGirls' on that folder and this is where the Data and Models folders are located externally.
At no point did I ever click : or \.
HighLifeontheSea
Joined in Jan 2012

6 post(s)
April 2, 2012
This is so frustrating.

I'm using the Windows 7 64 bit O/S, and I've spent the last hour trying to find C:\Documents and Settings\me\AppData\Local\vghd

I don't know how to search for it, much less find it. I also don't know how to search for the directories "Models" and "Data".

I wish I knew a *****. Chances are they could do this in 5 minutes.
JonC001
Joined in Mar 2008

1382 post(s)
April 2, 2012 (edited)
I do not know why you looked for a path with 'me' in it. I created a 'me' folder so that I could put vghd on it. However, this is NOT the default path.

I think the default path for virtuagirl is this:
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\vghd
(I have not used the default path in a long time and may have forgot the exact location, or it may have changed)

Have a look at my screenshots.

Open up your "My Computer" and go to the c drive so that you see what is visible in the top portion of first screenshot. Ignore the rest of screenshot as it may be different on your computer.
Do you see where it says "Search OS (C:)"?
Click that and do a search for the card picture for one of your cards.
Type in a0457c
Automatically it should start looking in your computer for this card picture.
The search should take a while at drive c.
When it is done you will see your search results.
You will see the picture file. It may look like what is shown in second screenshot.
Or it may look like what is shown in third screenshot.
If the item says this "a0457c" or "a0457c.jpg" then you have the correct file for Morgane's card "Ipanema Club".
Now, right click on the file, and you will see something like the fourth screenshot.
Click "Open File Location".
Now, you will find the location of this picture file.
From here, you will be able to see the path containing this file.

edit: where you see \\, simply type in your computer username (do not show your computer username here if you prefer privacy)
JonC001
Joined in Mar 2008

1382 post(s)
April 2, 2012
You may have hidden folders. Unhide them to find VirtuaGirl.
Go to your computer and click on 'tools'.
Should look like the first screenshot.
Next, click on 'folder options'.
Should look like the second screenshot.
Now, click on 'View'.
Should look like the third screenshot.
Do you see where it says "hidden files and folders" like in second screenshot?
Click 'show hidden files, folders, and drives'.
peterbanker
Joined in Jan 2009

213 post(s)
April 2, 2012 (edited)
I am using Windows Vista so this may not work

Click on the start button

Now click on your username (top word above Documents)

Then click on App Data then click Explore

Then click on Local then Explore

Hopefully you will then find the VGHD data folder

You are right about the ***** but it does get easier.
Could someone running the same system as HighLifeontheSea please check the path where the information is stored?
Also whether like in Vista something needs to be done to enable all folders to be seen?
I know I had to do that but cannot remember what it was or how I did it

JonC001 beat me to it as I took a long time typing this since I had to get the wheelie bin up in the middle of typing this post
HighLifeontheSea
Joined in Jan 2012

6 post(s)
April 2, 2012
Success, I think.

I created a folder in my external drive "(My Name"), then created a folder inside called VGHD, and THEN I cut and pasted both "Models" and "Data" into the VGHD folder from my C drive location.

I guess because I have 742 cards, it's taking 4 hours and 45 minutes to copy the Models folder with 344 GB worth of 25,172 items.

After I have the Data and Models files copied onto my external hard drive, can I delete them from the C drive? If so, how do I proceed so when I open VGHD, it goes to the external drive, and subsequent files are downloaded into the external drive?

I sure hope I haven't made a mistake and will lose everything or not be able to access my cards.

THANK YOU so much for your help!
peterbanker
Joined in Jan 2009

213 post(s)
April 2, 2012
I will leave your technical questions to the more tech savvy members.

You are right about the time it takes due to the amount of data.
When the data transfer is finished I suggest you check on your external hard drive to make sure the size of your folder there is the same size as the one transferred.
MadJul14n
Joined in Aug 2015

6 post(s)
July 20, 2019
I just copied my folder from C:\Users\\AppData\Local\vghd to a external drive, then went into settings when scrolled down to data/storage location, clicked on change folder and clicked on the new location of vghd folder in my external drive and deleted old location of vghd and all works fine now.
nickie66
Joined in Nov 2011

1 post(s)
October 4, 2020
How do I get my 79 card collection on my Android tablet
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3755 post(s)
October 4, 2020 (edited)
@nickie66
You Can't it's not Android or Tablet based. PC or Mac only.
Try this Mobile Site...
They are Cross Release cards every Week...
So if you Don't see yours There, they May become available soon...

Http://m.istripper.com

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !