Download Speeds on older Cards

Foro / Todo sobre iStripper

mazu
Desde en Dec 2009

21 posts
February 20 (edited)
I have a new PC and when I try to download old cards say from the year 2011 to 2016, they are super slow to download. new cards install normally. Is there anything I can do on my settings to make getting older cards easier?
muttonjeff
Desde en Nov 2008

653 posts
February 20
how about simply copying the files from your old PC 😎
(old PC probably failed, hence the upgrade)
mazu
Desde en Dec 2009

21 posts
February 21
motherboard went kaput. I had half of the shows on drives but the oldies I had to remove due to space.
could anyone try downloading an old show and see if the speed is slower?
Romla
Desde en Jul 2016

143 posts
February 21
Be sure to uncheck Allow file sharing (P2P) in the settings if you haven't done that already.
stefnev1
MODERADOR
Desde en Jul 2008

4455 posts
February 21
Be sure to uncheck Allow file sharing (P2P) in the settings if you haven't done that already.

P2P is only used for the previews, not the full shows.
Viki
Desde en Oct 2007

152 posts
February 22
motherboard went kaput. I had half of the shows on drives but the oldies I had to remove due to space. could anyone try downloading an old show and see if the speed is slower?

absolutly confirmed! A couple of weeks I had to download my collection again and the download speed slows extremly down on the old animations sets - around 4-20mBit/sec !!!!! On the new animations sets the dowload dpeed increases up to 980mBit/sec
LiquidAgAggie
Desde en Sep 2010

40 posts
February 22
absolutly confirmed! A couple of weeks I had to download my collection again and the download speed slows extremly down on the old animations sets - around 4-20mBit/sec !!!!! On the new animations sets the dowload dpeed increases up to 980mBit/sec

Totem would have to confirm, but to me it sounds like a supply/demand algorithm. They have to dedicate bandwidth/resources to the places that need it the most, and for most people that's going to be on the newer cards. I can't fault them for the logic, but maybe they could tweak it, or increase the minimum speed (if I'm right about the reason, that is).
mazu
Desde en Dec 2009

21 posts
February 23
motherboard went kaput. I had half of the shows on drives but the oldies I had to remove due to space. could anyone try downloading an old show and see if the speed is slower?absolutly confirmed! A couple of weeks I had to download my collection again and the download speed slows extremly down on the old animations sets - around 4-20mBit/sec !!!!! On the new animations sets the dowload dpeed increases up to 980mBit/sec

thanks for your help! I am in no rush to download the shows but I am happy that it is not my computer or internet settings

Wyldanimal
MODERADOR
Desde en Mar 2008

3762 posts
February 23 (edited)
I just conducted a Test.
I deleted 20 cards from the 'A' series of cards
Then re-Downloaded them.

I did not notice any Slowness in the Download Speed of these 20 cards, compared with the Download Speed of Current 'E' or 'F' Series cards.

The Speed was consistent over the entire 20 cards.
It stayed at close to 60% of my Internet Bandwidth speed.

I have a 100Mbps connection.
During the Download of the 20 'A' series cards, it maintained about 60Mbps speed.
Confirmed with both Task Manager's performance Tab
and Perormance Monitor
also Compared to the Download drop down of iStripper
( Although the iStripper drop down, is Byte based, Not Bit Based. )

Start of Download ‎Friday, ‎February ‎23, ‎2024, ‏‎3:23:52 AM
All 20 cards completed at ‎Friday, ‎February ‎23, ‎2024, ‏‎3:33:50 AM
= 10 minutes

3.19 GB (3,427,195,440 bytes)
604 files in 20 folders

3,427,195,440 bytes in
10 minutes or 600 seconds
= 5,711,992.4 Bytes per Second = roughly 62Mbps
Wyldanimal
MODERADOR
Desde en Mar 2008

3762 posts
February 23 (edited)
My test process:
I Used a Script to Rename 20 of my card folders.
(so I can recover the Older Files, In case the New files have changed, I can just restore the Older files )

in the iStripper App Select the same 20 cards, and Delete them.

Now with the 20 cards Selected, click on the Download menu Item at the bottom Menu.

Monitor the Network Speed.

When the 20 cards were completed,
Browse to the Models folder.
Sort the folders by Date.
Find the 1st of the 20 folders that was added.
Check the Properties of the Oldest File in that folders creation Date.
That is the Start time of the Downloads

Now find the Last cards folder, and check the Properties of the Last Files creation Date
That is the End time of the downloads.

Select All 20 of the card Folders and check the Properties.
This will show the total Bytes and Number of File in ALL 20 of the Folders.

Then do the Math based on the Duration, and Number of Bytes Downloaded.
Viki
Desde en Oct 2007

152 posts
February 23 (edited)
Dear Wyldanimal,

on which time do yo start the test (depending on the Paris time zone)? I noticed that during the late night hours in the Paris time zone the download speed on the old animations sets runs at 60-80mBit/sec. I used an 1GBit/sec internet connection.

Dear mazu,

which internet connection are you using?
Wyldanimal
MODERADOR
Desde en Mar 2008

3762 posts
February 23
on which time do yo start the test
The time stamps I post are NYC EST time or UTC -5
mazu
Desde en Dec 2009

21 posts
February 23 (edited)
I just tried a 2023 card, it downloaded at 20-32 Mbps
I then tried card #623 (from 2010) it is currently downloading at 40-90 Kbs 😢

Dear Wyldanimal,on which time do yo start the test (depending on the Paris time zone)? I noticed that during the late night hours in the Paris time zone the download speed on the old animations sets runs at 60-80mBit/sec. I used an 1GBit/sec internet connection.Dear mazu,which internet connection are you using?

I have a 300 mbp plan

the laptop is new I have not tweaked any internet settings. Other apps like steam, game updates, browser, never show slow speeds.
NeonNoodle
Desde en Jul 2020

8 posts
February 24
My cards are also downloading at a whopping 16kbps. All my other Internet connections are fine.
Arsena
Desde en Jan 2008

41 posts
February 24 (edited)
This is a problem for a long time. Three quarters of a year ago I've got a new monitor with a higher resolution (1920×1200 px instead of 1280×1024 of the 16 years older monitor). It was useful to change my iStripper standard resolution from 720 to 1080 px. The older cards were downloaded very slow, or better: very, very discontiniously.
The thread is:
https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/53184/1
No estás autorizado a ver este tema o acceder a datos relativos a este tema
jclown781
Desde en Feb 2008

92 posts
February 25
Ditto here. Even 2015 cards such as Nekane which I have had to redownload are staying at or around 150-200kb/s. Though not as bad as what some others have dealt with the new cards stay at over 20mb/s no problem.
Adrian94
Desde en Nov 2014

2 posts
February 25
Same here. 16kb/s.... Any cards even new ones. For me it's not even worth buying credits anymore as I can't accept waiting at such a low speed to finish downloading a card.
Adrian94
Desde en Nov 2014

2 posts
February 25
Maybe a torrent way to download cards would help. For Istripper application I believe I can't use software like Internet download manager to speed things up.
reddeth71
Desde en Jul 2012

43 posts
February 25
Same issue here also. Using my secondary pc because my main mobo died. older cards like kimi grainger and older cards get like 16kb sec tried to restart went to ASUS for lan drivers reset my modinternet. Some card will download stupid fast even with a browser open and older 720p cards take like an hour each!
willyweekly
Desde en Jul 2015

344 posts
February 25
I, as well, notice that newer cards download much faster than older cards. I have unplugged and reset modems, and such. The problem continues. (I too beleive it is a supply and demand concern; the main effrots/servers are set to work on new product.) I notice this when I download several cards at once. the speed is different depending upon the date of the card.
diehexenjager
¡Feliz cumpleaños!
Desde en Sep 2022

2 posts
March 12
i can confirm the downloads are slow for older cards. I am getting 29 mbs download on new ones. and 200kbs on older ones
Manue
EQUIPO
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Desde en Nov 2014

1028 posts
March 12
Hi guys, The older cards download slowly because they are not on the Cloudflare but are transferred from the Totem server.
DocWelby
Desde en Nov 2008

2 posts
March 12
So for those who are experiencing this, what is your top download speed for older cards? Mine seems to be topped circa 250/kb/sec. At that rate it takes 50 minutes to download 800 MB of data (most data sets between 800MB to 1.2 GB)
Philours
Desde en Feb 2019

1559 posts
March 12
50 minutes? c'est assez long, je le reconnais. Pour ma part cela n'excède certainement pas plus de 5 minutes. Votre connexion doit être de mauvaise qualité😕

50 minutes? It's quite long, I admit. For my part it certainly does not exceed more than 5 minutes. Your connection must be of poor quality😕
Philours
Desde en Feb 2019

1559 posts
JonC001
Desde en Mar 2008

1382 posts
March 12
I just began downloading an old card and it went at about 1.7 MB/sec. This is the same as any new card.
DocWelby
Desde en Nov 2008

2 posts
March 12
50 minutes? c'est assez long, je le reconnais. Pour ma part cela n'excède certainement pas plus de 5 minutes. Votre connexion doit être de mauvaise qualité😕50 minutes? It's quite long, I admit. For my part it certainly does not exceed more than 5 minutes. Your connection must be of poor quality😕

Not a speed problem...
speed test = 454.3 MB/sec (speed test just taken)
Evaneself
Desde en Dec 2019

308 posts
March 15 (edited)
"Sata Jones - Capering by the Pool" was downloaded very very slowly, possibly 2 hours or more.
"Sata Jones - I'm a Showgirl" was downloaded under 10 minutes.
The difference between these shows is almost double at files, but still is too big at download.

I live in a country where I have one of the highest net speed in Europe.
JonC001
Desde en Mar 2008

1382 posts
March 15 (edited)
@Evaneself,
Two hours?
Wow!!!
That is incredibly slow.
willyweekly
Desde en Jul 2015

344 posts
March 15
If a new card is downloading that slow, then it might be on your end.
unplug the modem, computer, sever and such.
some internet providers will give faster speeds after a restart.

Here in California, USA, a restart can be a large improvement.

No estás autorizado a participar aun

Como usuario gratuito iStripper, no se te permite responder a un tema en el foro o crear un nuevo tema
Pero podrás acceder a las categorías y conceptos básicos y ponerte en contacto con nuestra comunidad.!