[VGHD] Addon: Custom playlist manager

Foro / Todo sobre iStripper

Starryk
Desde en Nov 2008

1856 posts
February 19, 2012 (edited)
Just made another update to the VGPlaylistManager

After chatting with Wyldanimal he gave me the permission to also include the Favorite Lists created by his VGHD-Player2-4 as Input for my program.
Of course he also got permission to use my jPlaylists as input for his program.
So you see these 2 Programs will go hand in hand in the future.
Starryk
Desde en Nov 2008

1856 posts
February 19, 2012
I know i am getting annoying but i just finished another update.
I found an error with the usage of the advanced option 'remember last 5 shows[...]'
If you would like to use it i strongly advice to download V1.1 again.
http://www.kp3d.com/vgmanager.html
Otherwise it could happen that not all clips will be played.
This is now fixed in V1.1
FalconAF
Desde en Jan 2008

149 posts
StarryK said, "Otherwise it could happen that not all clips will be played."

I logged in to post about that. Saw it happen with the new version (I haven't downloaded your newest update yet...still was running the "old" 1.1). See you already discovered it too.

One other thing. Don't know if it is unique to me, but two times already when I used the "Cancel Playlist" button while a playlist was running, it changed to "Please Wait", but never closed the GUI after an extended period of time. I tried closing the GUI using the "x" button on the top right...it refused to do anything. I opened Task Manager and looked at the "Processes" tab. Could not find anything that "specifically" referred to "VG Playlist Manager". I see two Java related processes running, but not sure if one (or both) of them are related to the Playlist Manager. The only way I could get rid of the GUI was to reboot my computer, at which time Windows 7 comes up and says, "Waiting to close running application VG Playlist Manager" (sic). I waited...and waited...it would never close. I finally had to select the "Close Now" option, then Windows would reboot my computer.

Any ideas what is happening? Does the Playlist Manager have a "special" name under "Processes" in Task Manager?

PS - You aren't annoying with the updates. It's great support for the application, and appreciated.
Starryk
Desde en Nov 2008

1856 posts
@FalconAF: yes another users also reported this issue. However i got absolutely no idea how that can happen.
If you could find the pattern and reproduce this at will it would be great.
Normally the program sets a flag when you press the button and then the task that runs every 5 seconds is terminated as if all clips had been played or you deactivated VG. And when it does that it reactivated the close button changes the text from please wait back and enables the Start button.
I can't see any way how nothing can happen.
Maybe its a JRE thing on Windows 7. If it happens again try to deactivate VG and see if that fixes it.
Most important for me is the question if you have the option 'save not played clips [..]' checked when this problem occurs. Because then it should open the file save dialogue and cancel after that. There might be a loophole if an io error occurs when writing this playlist.
But if it also happens when this option is not checked then it can't be this.
FalconAF
Desde en Jan 2008

149 posts
Deactivating VG using the taskbar icon didn't get rid of the GUI...I tried that. I didn't have the "save not played clips" option selected either. I'll try that and see if it makes a difference.

I'll also run "Process Monitor" (h**p://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645) while I'm running the Playlist Manager from now on, so if I get the problem again I should be able to go back through the log and see what might be happening. Will let you know if I discover anything.

Thanks for the support!
Starryk
Desde en Nov 2008

1856 posts
@FalconAF: well the GUI shouldn't close directly but the button should change text and the x-icon in the right corner should be reactivated. Then you can close the GUI yourself.
Try also to enable the debug mode and look into the DebugLog.txt file.
Thanks for helping my to track this error down.
I have found one thing i think is unlikely to be responsible.
I cancel the process before i enable the GUI again.
Normally the cancelling shouldn't affect the current task but just prevent starting another one after 5 sec. Then who knows. I just changed the order of these 2 commands. Doesn't make a difference for me anyway.

Edit: Ok changed file is uploaded. Just download it again and see if that did solve the problem.
FalconAF
Desde en Jan 2008

149 posts
Quick Update:

The GUI just froze on me again. I went to Task Manager...Processes...and clicked "End Process" for a process called "javaw.exe *32". That closed the GUI off the desktop. It then let me restart the GUI with all the functions and buttons showing the "proper" labels (Start button was again activated and the "Please Wait" button changed back to "Cancel Playlist". The Task Manager Processes tab showed a new instance of "javaw.exe *32" running again.

Seems like something is preventing the "javaw.exe *32" process from terminating cleanly. I'm not a Java guru, so have no idea what it could be. I'll keep investigating. Will try the Debug option to get a logfile and see if it shows anything.

EDIT: Just saw your edit. I'll try redownloading the player and see what happens.
Starryk
Desde en Nov 2008

1856 posts
@FalconAF: What prevents the GUI from closing is my will you might say.
I can define a default close operation.
Normally that is exit on close.
But i set it to do nothing on close when the program starts to play a playlist.
It should be set back to exit on close when you cancel the Playlist or it played all the clips in it.
This works fine on XP. Haven't got the problem that the please wait gets stuck.
If it still occurs please look into the DebugLog.txt file in the same folder as the jar file if it contains any errors.
And describe me exactly what you do. what options do you set? What input do you use Complete Collection or Playlist? Anything that might help me to reproduce the error.

FalconAF
Desde en Jan 2008

149 posts
February 19, 2012
Looks like whatever you did in the latest v1.1(1) fixed it all. :-)

I downloaded your most recent update. I just ran 3 tests of playlists with all the various possible GUI combinations that were causing the problem (for me). Everything works fine now. Using the "Cancel Playlist" button brings up the "Please Wait" but it changes back to "Cancel Playlist" again in no more than 5 seconds. The current clip plays to the end, and I can close the GUI while it is still playing or wait until the clip ends. If I have "Saved Unplayed Clips" selected, it brings up the proper window to save the remaining clips to a playlist. I can either save the playlist or "cancel" it. GUI reverts back to normal status and I can start a new playlist again or close the GUI.

Don't know what you did, but you seem to have solved it. Might just have been a Windows 7 "gotcha" or something.

I'll let you know if it starts acting up again, but it looks like you solved it.

Thanks for the outstanding support!
Starryk
Desde en Nov 2008

1856 posts
February 19, 2012
@FalconAF: Ok I hope and pray that this solved it indeed. It would make sense on a strange level. If i cancel the timer task before i set back the GUI from within that timer task it cancels itself immediately and doesn't execute the remaining command first.
Just strange that this doesn't happen on XP and also not always on Windows 7.

Ok I made another small update. Again related to the 'remember the last 5 shows played' option. When you would cancel the playing and also had the option set to save unplayed clips on cancelling it wouldn't save the clips of the last 5 shows played.
Nothing dramatic but also not correct.
FalconAF
Desde en Jan 2008

149 posts
I spoke too soon. :-(

I seem to have gone back to the other problem now of not all the clips in a playlist getting played, then the GUI locks up. For instance:

I have a .PLF playlist I created called "Katerina - All Cards". It is a compiled playlist of all of Katerina's card clips...5 cards of them. When I open it in the Playlist Manager and select "Fullshow", select all the nudity levels EXCEPT "lightly sexy", and select Filter Clip Types as "Sitting on Taskbar" and "Behind Taskbar", I hit "Start" and it says "5 shows with 23 clips". The show then starts with one of her cards and plays all the appropriate clips for that card. But then it goes to the next card and plays the very LAST clip in that card's clip list. Then the show ends and the GUI locks up. The number of total clips played depends on the number of filtered clips from the first card the Player selects, then one more clip from the next card, then it's over with a frozen GUI (I can close it from Task Manager/Processes tab though).

Here's the DebugLog.txt file created:

2012-02-19 14:33:13,584 INFO VgGui - Selected Playmode fullshow
2012-02-19 14:33:26,469 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - Playlist contains 5 Show(s) with 23 Clip(s) total
2012-02-19 14:33:26,469 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0184_66203.vghd
2012-02-19 14:33:31,471 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0184_1204.vghd
2012-02-19 14:34:36,476 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0184_1205.vghd
2012-02-19 14:35:41,480 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0184_66304.vghd
2012-02-19 14:36:36,483 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0184_1305.vghd
2012-02-19 14:37:51,484 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0184_1402.vghd
2012-02-19 14:39:11,486 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0180_1404.vghd

First question before I go any farther: Verify the link location for the most current Player download? I just want to make sure I'm getting the correct one using the link in the first post here.

Sorry for the run-around. :-( Once I'm sure I have the most current version I'll run a series of tests with several other playlists to compare results.
Starryk
Desde en Nov 2008

1856 posts
February 20, 2012 (edited)
ok that will help to analyze.
I also have playlists for all girls containing all of their shows so i can test this here. maybe there is an issue with fullshow.
Link is the same as before http://www.kp3d.com/archives/vgplaylistmanager1_1.zip

Edit: yes i can already see there is an error with fullshow playmode. I am testing a fix right now.
Starryk
Desde en Nov 2008

1856 posts
@FalconAF: your problem is fixed.
See the log file as proof:
2012-02-20 00:35:03,703 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0184_66203.vghd
2012-02-20 00:35:14,468 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0184_1204.vghd
2012-02-20 00:36:24,046 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0184_1205.vghd
2012-02-20 00:37:27,250 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0184_66304.vghd
2012-02-20 00:38:20,265 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0184_1305.vghd
2012-02-20 00:39:30,265 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0184_1402.vghd
2012-02-20 00:41:24,343 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0181_66204.vghd
2012-02-20 00:42:09,343 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0181_1205.vghd
2012-02-20 00:43:14,343 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0181_66303.vghd
2012-02-20 00:44:24,343 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0181_1304.vghd
2012-02-20 00:45:54,343 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0181_1402.vghd
2012-02-20 00:47:52,718 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - New Clip: a0182_1204.vghd
2012-02-20 00:48:02,718 INFO de.starryk.vg.Regread - VG Software has been deactivated

@All: yes another update required for users that want to use the fullshow playmode.
As it is getting annoying to download the complete file again and again i can now also offer you just the jar file. Replace the one in the VGPlaylistManager folder with the one from this zip file.
http://www.kp3d.com/archives/VGPlaylistManager11Jar.zip
Note: this will NOT work without the other files contained in the complete zip file found at
So you want to download from there if you download this program first. The jar is just for updating an existing Version on your local drive.

Starryk
Desde en Nov 2008

1856 posts
February 20, 2012
Ok hopefully the last update for a while.
I updated the readme file to also mention the Favorite Lists created with Wyldanimals great VGHD-Player.
And i made another update to prevent bugs like the one FalconAF encountered(see the posts directly above this one) from locking up the program. Instead you now will get an error message and the program will terminate. So its just a precaution as this particular bug can't occur anymore but who can say for sure that there aren't others still lurking in the dark;-)
See the post above to find the necessary links for this update.
goldiecharleston
Desde en Dec 2008

340 posts
February 20, 2012
Nice program, tried it at the weekend it works really well. Hopefully Totem will integrate some of those functions in future builds. If not, thanks for creating this for the ultimate 'show' experience using the clips from VGHD and DB
Starryk
Desde en Nov 2008

1856 posts
Note: Some browsers have the bad habit to cache downloaded files so if you redownload the file it doesn't download it again but just takes the old version from the cache.
One user just had that problem using Google Chrome Browser.
To give you a chance to see which build you are using i added a timestamp to the title bar(see screenshot)

@goldiecharleston: Thank you.
FalconAF
Desde en Jan 2008

149 posts
@StarryK

Looking good! I woke up and got 2 cups of coffee in me to get both eyes open this morning, then just finished several trial runs with some of my "All Cards" playlists. They ran fine (I downloaded the latest full upgrade first after reading the above posts).

Thanks!

Also sending you a PM.
habsfan
Desde en Dec 2010

66 posts
February 20, 2012
@Starryk, been using your player all day today.After i installed above upgrade working great, very well done Thank You.Maybe tomorrow i'll try a classic's playlist
Starryk
Desde en Nov 2008

1856 posts
February 20, 2012
Just added a Paypal Donate option to the webpage http://www.kp3d.com/vgmanager.html
Just saying.
FalconAF
Desde en Jan 2008

149 posts
February 20, 2012
I just sent a donation, so you should see if it works shortly. ;-)
Starryk
Desde en Nov 2008

1856 posts
well then lets hope that.
But WA has his Donate Button since a long while now.

@FalconAF: Thank you very much. Much appreciated
Starryk
Desde en Nov 2008

1856 posts
February 22, 2012
Just for the records i made another really small update necessary for troubleshooting. If you can't use your full collection as input then this update might help you to find the clip thats causing problems and therefore the show you should delete and redownload. It will give you an error message that contains the full path and the clipname.
for those having no idea of clipnames just the most important point so you know which show to delete.
The clipnames start either with a, b, c or d
a0001_1101.vghd would be VirtuaGirl show 0001 (Silver - Beauty Queen)
b0001_1101.vghd would be VirtuaGuy show 0001 (Kerim - Angel)
c0001_1101.vghd would be DeskBabes show 0001 (Daria Glover & Cynthia Vellons)(there is no clip of that name in this show) I just want to make the pattern clear. also ignore all behind the _. Not important for determining which show you need to delete and redownload
d0001_1101.vghd would be VirtuaGirl Classic show 0001 (Ariel)

So look for this and delete and redownload the show.
ShadowTek
Desde en Dec 2007

38 posts
February 22, 2012
Awesome program thanks for sharing it with us!!! Wow!
Starryk
Desde en Nov 2008

1856 posts
February 23, 2012 (edited)
Thanks @ShadowTek

New Version 1.2 Released
Important changes
  • possibility to append to an existing jpl-playlist
Go here to get it:

Or just the jar file if you already have Version 1.1 on your PC
http://www.kp3d.com/archives/vgplaylistmanager12Jar.zip
Unzip and overwrite the existing Jar file on your local drive

Here the paragraph from the updated readme pdf
append to existing Playlist(new in 1.2):
Only selectable if either ‘only build Playlist[…]’ or ‘save not played clips[…]’ is checked.
If this option is checked the Output cliplist you choose will not be overwritten by the current playlist but the current playlist will be added to the playlist file you have chosen.
So if you have a JPlaylist with 3 shows and you want to add a 4th one you can make a VG Playlist containing this one show then check ‘Only build playlist[…]’ and choose the VG playlist you just created with the one show you want to add. Then when the Output file dialogue appears choose the playlist you want to add this show to. Assuming it contained 3 shows clips before it will then contain 4 shows clips.

I wanted this function for myself. I have a playlist containing DeskBabes shows i still haven't seen. When i have time i use the playmode 'scened fullshow' and let this program select one of the shows and play it for me. Afterwards i save my progress so that the show is removed from that playlist. But I had no chance to add new shows as i buy new ones every week. Of course i could manually update my VG playlist deactivating the shows i have seen but that would be double work.
Now i can just make a new VG playlist* with the new shows i got and add them to my existing JPlaylist* of DB shows i haven't seen. I select 'only build playlist', choose the vg playlist with the new shows as input and the JPlaylist with the shows i haven't seen as output.
I hope you understand now what this new feature is and how you could use it. There are many possibilities you can use it for. But the one described above is the reason i wanted it in this program.

VG Playlist: Playlists created using the VG Interface
JPlaylist: Playlist created by this program.
nickhil
Desde en Jan 2011

25 posts
February 24, 2012
@Starry,
Good to see starry making regular improvements for his awesome program!!!
The new feature described in detail above by starry is a real bonus for me too.
Nice going starry, and knowing you :-), We at VG can be fully assured of full support and improvements to your program...
Cheers Buddy!!!
Starryk
Desde en Nov 2008

1856 posts
February 25, 2012
I am about to add another feature.
It allows you to change the sequence of the cliptypes for the playmode cliptype_ph.
And your setting will be stored in an ini - file so you won't have to set it again when you use the Program the next time.
This was requested by dyson111 and as it was a bit of a challenge i decided to do it. No he didn't challenge me. Its just that i still learn Java and though i had an idea how to implement this feature i wasn't sure how that exactly would work. So I decided to see if i could get it to work and it looks good.
Here a screenshot of the new dialogue that comes up when clicking on the new button;-)
I think this will be ready in a few hours. Right now the move up and down buttons do nothing. But the GUI changes are done.
Starryk
Desde en Nov 2008

1856 posts
February 25, 2012 (edited)
Another user suggested to add another feature. A new info window giving you information about the clip played currently
If a playlist is being played it also refreshes automatically with max. 5 seconds delay
I need to do some more testing and to adjust the readme files.
So expect the version 1.3 tomorrow.

Edit: for those who want to try out v1.3 i have the jar file uploaded to Zebrazuks webspace.
Note: This is ONLY for experienced users who know exactly how to replace the jar file on their system with the one from this zip.
If you don't know that then please wait for the Release
http://www.kp3d.com/archives/VgPlaylistManager13Jar.zip
Starryk
Desde en Nov 2008

1856 posts
February 26, 2012 (edited)
New Release: Version 1.3
Important changes:
  • Bugfix: Include demos will now have an effect
  • new Feature: You can change the order of the cliptypes for the playmode cliptype_ph
  • new Feature: Your selected playmode is saved on closing the program and will be selected the next time you start it. The cliptype order(see above) is also saved
  • new Feature: Clip Information windows showing you the clip details for the clip currently played by VG. If this program is playing a playlist it will be refreshed automatically.
  • new Feature(for experienced PC users) one extra colour setting (Black GUI) and the possibility to set the font and background colours in the new vghdplay.ini file found in the folder where the jar file is stored. There you also find the vghdplayblackgui.ini that you can rename to vghdplay.ini to get the black gui as seen on the 3rd screenshot.(copy the vghdplay.ini already there to another location before renaming)
See the readme pdf file for detailed information
Go here to get it:

Or just the jar file and the 2 new ini file if you already have Version 1.2 on your PC
http://www.kp3d.com/archives/vgplaylistmanager13Jar.zip
Unzip and overwrite the existing Jar file on your local drive

Thanks @tyqi19my for reporting the Include demos bug and the idea of the clip information window.
Thanks @Zebrazuk for the idea of making the colours changeable
Titus31
Desde en Jan 2012

1 posts
February 26, 2012
First off let me thank you for a wonderful add on. It makes making playlist really worth while. I am having one slight problem though. the .jpl playlist are not being saved by the programe. I've tried reinstalling JRE and also JARfix. But am still having the same issues.
FalconAF
Desde en Jan 2008

149 posts
February 29, 2012
@Starryk

As usual, thanks again for the outstanding upgrade and support.

Quick question. I'm Java-Ignorant. ;-)

Is the .JAR file that starts the application an actual "program"? Reason I ask is I can create a desktop shortcut for it and it will run when I double-click it from there, but I can't get it to "pin to the taskbar" in Windows 7. Makes me think Windows 7 doesn't think it is anything it can "run" from a taskbar icon. No biggie...I "hide" my desktop icon shortcuts sometimes, and wanted to add the .JAR to the taskbar so I could start the Viewer without having to un-hide the desktop icons again first.

No estás autorizado a participar aun

Como usuario gratuito iStripper, no se te permite responder a un tema en el foro o crear un nuevo tema
Pero podrás acceder a las categorías y conceptos básicos y ponerte en contacto con nuestra comunidad.!