Still easy to see in contol pannel

Forum / Für neue Benutzer

Jollywoodman
Joined in Aug 2023

1 Beiträge
18. August 2023
Hey. I have people who at least know a bit about computers around me, and I wanted to remain disceret. When I open the control pannel, it has "Selecter Strippers version 1.2.530", with the really telling icon on the list of programs. I did rename and change the icon, but it doesn't change how it shows up in the control panneol, and on things like the windows ten search bar history. Is there any remedy for this?
stefnev1
Joined in Jul 2008

4455 Beiträge
18. August 2023
@Jollywoodman
In the settings of the app, you can change the icon displayed in the systray. Have you tried with this option ?
Calgon
Joined in May 2022

296 Beiträge
18. August 2023
I found this information.... looks complicated.:

Changing the name of a program listed in the "Installed Apps" list on Windows can be a bit tricky and might require some advanced technical skills. It typically involves modifying system registry entries. However, I must emphasize that modifying the Windows registry can be risky and might lead to system instability or other issues if not done correctly. Therefore, proceed with caution and make sure to create a backup of your registry before making any changes.

Here's a general overview of the steps you would need to follow:

**Warning: Modifying the Windows Registry can have serious consequences if done improperly. It's recommended to proceed only if you are comfortable with advanced Windows system administration.**

1. **Create a Registry Backup:**
Before making any changes, it's crucial to create a backup of your Windows registry. This will allow you to restore your registry in case anything goes wrong. To create a backup, follow these steps:
  • Press Win + R to open the Run dialog.
  • Type "regedit" and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
  • In the Registry Editor, go to "File" > "Export."
  • Choose a location to save the backup file, give it a name, and select "All" under the "Export range" section. Click "Save."

2. **Identify the Program's Registry Entries:**
You need to identify the registry entries associated with the program whose name you want to change. These entries are usually found under `HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall` or `HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall` for 32-bit applications on 64-bit systems.

3. **Modify the Registry Entry:**
Locate the registry entry corresponding to the program you want to rename. Right-click on the entry and select "Rename." Change the "DisplayName" value to the desired discreet name. Additionally, you might need to modify the "DisplayIcon" and "Publisher" values if you want to hide the program further. Remember that this is a delicate process, and making incorrect changes can cause problems.

4. **Refresh or Restart:**
After making changes, you can refresh the "Installed Apps" list by restarting your computer or by ending the "explorer.exe" process in the Task Manager and then restarting it.

Again, I want to stress the importance of caution when editing the Windows Registry. Making incorrect changes can cause system instability and even make your operating system unusable. If you're not comfortable with these steps, consider seeking assistance from someone with more technical experience.

Furthermore, please note that while this approach can change the displayed name of the program in the "Installed Apps" list, it might not hide the program completely from all system views and actions.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3762 Beiträge
18. August 2023 (edited)
in the Settings of the app is a section Safe For Work.
There you can select Two different discreet options.

They Both change the name and the Icon shown in the Systray

Also, find the shortcut and add the command line option
add -fromSilent

Then change the Icon and the Name of the Shortcut.
Here is a demo...
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3762 Beiträge
18. August 2023
It is a 2 Step Process

1) create the Shortcut
Change the Name
Add the -fromSilent to the command
Change the Icon
Pin the New shortcut to the TaskBar, Startmenu, or copy it to where you want it.

2) start iStripper, ( it now starts silently to the system Tray. )
Go to Settings
put check in advance settings
scroll down to Safe for Work
Pick one of the Two SFW options.

Now you have a discreet version of iStripper.
Even if someone accidentally
clicks the Shortcut and the App Starts up.
It starts up Silently with a discreet icon in the system tray.

Options:
in the settings
  • Have it Always Start Disabled
  • Enable the Password.

change the Shortcut
https://wyldanimal.com/videos/iStripper-2-Safe-001.mp4

Use the Password
https://wyldanimal.com/videos/Use-Password-001.mp4

Calgon
Joined in May 2022

296 Beiträge
18. August 2023
@WA

it has "Selecter Strippers version 1.2.530", with the really telling icon on the list of programs

I think @Jollywoodman was referring to the way iS is shown in the list of installed apps via the control panel.
njarnb
Joined in Nov 2008

76 Beiträge
22. September 2023
It is a 2 Step Process1) create the ShortcutChange the NameAdd the -fromSilent to the commandChange the IconPin the New shortcut to the TaskBar, Startmenu, or copy it to where you want it.2) start iStripper, ( it now starts silently to the system Tray. ) Go to Settingsput check in advance settingsscroll down to Safe for WorkPick one of the Two SFW options.Now you have a discreet version of iStripper.Even if someone accidentally clicks the Shortcut and the App Starts up.It starts up Silently with a discreet icon in the system tray.Options:in the settingsHave it Always Start DisabledEnable the Password.change the Shortcuthttps://wyldanimal.com/videos/iStripper-2-Safe-001.mp4Use the Passwordhttps://wyldanimal.com/videos/Use-Password-001.mp4

@Wyldanimal
Is it possible to make IS launch on startup but with a -fromSilent option?
stefnev1
Joined in Jul 2008

4455 Beiträge
22. September 2023
@njnarb
In the settings of the app, you have an option to launch it deactivated. Enable it in the same time you have enabled the Launch on startup option.

Noch keine Teilnahmeberechtigung

Als ein Gratisnutzer von iStripper bist du nicht berechtigt Beiträge zu schreiben oder neue Topics zu starten.
Aber du hast Zugriff auf die grundlegenden Bereiche und kannst unsere Community kennen lernen