Thank God It's Friday (Slot Machine returns)

Forum / Alles über iStripper

Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1025 Beiträge
29. October 2017
In most gambling I know the odds. In this case I have no idea of them. How many positions on each wheel? Are all the positions equally likely? For a new customer with only a few cards this may be a good deal (bet).
DIDGEDRUM
Joined in Mar 2008

2351 Beiträge
29. October 2017
@spoophmaniac......................Having read your reponse several times, I am unable to see it as anything but offensive, whichever way you view it.......................😕
IAM1328
Joined in Jun 2009

9 Beiträge
29. October 2017
Looks like I am out of luck. The "machine" won't let me play anymore because I already have all available cards.
Is it fair ? I do not know. You, reader of this message, be the judge.
Is this gambling ? You bet it is. However, I am willing to spend 1 credit to hope for getting 1,000 credits in return, no mattaer how low the chance would be. Is it fun ? Oh yes, it is. The cost of spin is 1 crtedit. The high excitment of getting 1,000 credits is PRICELESS - even though it only last for 2 seconds.

Back to my first question - is it fair ? I conclude that it is not fair to ME. Totem denys my chance of getting more excitment becasue I have too many cards ! End of my story.

pumpdude48
Joined in May 2016

390 Beiträge
29. October 2017
@IAM1328

I have the same problem.

I have too many cards so can't play.

I understand not being able to get the discount since I don't have any cards to buy but I could use the credits in the future since it's a sure thing that I am going to buy cards.

I guess that since it is such a sure thing that I will buy the cards that I don't rate a chance to get some free credits since Totem knows I will most likely buy more anyway...

I would happily spin the wheel a few times for a chance at more credits.

Oh well... 😕
dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

440 Beiträge
29. October 2017
I played - and I played more than I planned :)

The slot machine is a fools gamble for those with large collections or for those who are only interested in a small percentage of the cards. I made a foolish but conscious decision and can't ***** about my results but do have a couple complaints about the game management.

Even without thinking through the math - If you think the cards you want verses the possible number of cards that will land in the slot. It should give you a pretty good idea what you can expect.

My results actually beat the odds as I saw them which I guess is good and bad but brings me to my 2 complaints.

1.) The game dynamics are not clear. Which cards are eligible for the slots? Are all 'eligible' cards equally likely or are they somehow weighted? How many pumpkins in each slot? etc

2.) The accounting is not displayed in the account history? It only shows slot card purchases. I don't see spins (-1cr) or pumpkins (+1cr, 5cr, etc). Had it been said that account history was not accurately being tracked I would have done so myself.

That said my results were something like this:
I think I spent 200-250 credits overall (includes spin, pumpkin wins, and purchases).
I won 1 credit many times (effectively a free spin)
I won 5 credits 2-4 times and never won more than 5 credits
most discounts were 5% but did get 50% at least once and 70% once maybe twice.
I did purchase on 2 spins for a total of 7 cards (3 from my wish list but all 4 other were cards I would consider at the right price.

So assuming I spent 210 in credits; I paid about 30 credits per card where I normally pay less than 14 per card on my wish list and less for those not on my list. Foolish on my part but results were actually better than I expected so I can'y *****

My thoughts on the odds.

The math is not complicated so I'll use my collection as an example. FWIW I'm not a mathematician so this is as best as I can remember. Also as stated above you don't really know what the conditions are. My results far exceeded my expectation in terms but did result in the poorest $ per card since I've been a member.

I have about 2000 of the 3500 available cards meaning there is about 1500 cards I don't have.
Of the 1500 cards lets assume about 1000 are not going to appear on the wheel. This estimate is somewhat arbitrary but I did play and obviously a large part of the cards I don't own didn't ever show on the wheel but plenty of newer cards did.

Every spin the wheel will show 4 of the 500 girls or one or pumpkin in place of one of the girls .
My wishlist is less that 25 Girls but admittedly there are probably another 25 cards I MIGHT by if the discount is large enough (lets say 50% or greater). So out of 500 possible girls I want at most 50 (1/10).

So we spin the wheel - each slot has a 10% chance of being a card I want. So the the probability of getting 4 slots with cards I will purchase is about 1 in 10,000 (actually slightly better because each card will only be shown once and there are at lease 4 pumpkin)

Bottom line is the higher the percentage you desire of the available cards the better your odds far a favorable outcome - BY FAR.
dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

440 Beiträge
29. October 2017
@pumpdude48 Totem has to draw the line somewhere - you have some many cards you can effectively ONLY roll PUMPKINS. There are no other cards to show in the slots a nice problem to have.

If I were Totem I would send you a gift of some sort for having the whole collection!

orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

740 Beiträge
29. October 2017
Many of us built our accounts when cards were cheaper...I can tell you I got nearly all my for 1000 cards for 1 credit. That means with my 40% discount I can buy cards for 1.50 each... but a new buyer has to pay much more per card, which means they cannot build up their collection as easily if they want the new stuff. This promotion allows new customers to begin to build the collection, and once you start you can't stop....I do not participate in gambling but I did notice that our quality of girls began to increase after the last slot machine special...me thinks this makes totem some money, which they put back into a better product.
DesTTrucT
Joined in Apr 2016

14 Beiträge
30. October 2017
Spent 100 credits, and buy 3 girls for good offer during gambling, only 2 of them really good.
During gambling also have some good offer not only one, but unfortunately no credits^)
So if i am not play, can buy any 4 new cards....
spoophmaniac
Joined in Dec 2007

128 Beiträge
30. October 2017
@spoophmaniac......................Having read your reponse several times, I am unable to see it as anything but offensive, whichever way you view it.......................😕

Everyone has their own opinion on what they think is funny. I made the comparison to Trump joke about the mod because.....

I thought it was funny that people are making legitimate criticisms about the gambling offer in order to give ideas about how to make the product better for example when the offer comes up for whatever % discount we can choose what cards we want and not have to take all of them.

The mod then says we are ***** and this is just the way the thing works so be happy with it.

It is exactly what Trump would say when he is criticized, he ignores concerns and questions about what he is doing and not accepting helpful suggestions. He just says well that is the way it is you just ***** me because I am a winner and you are not.

He would call our complaints about the slot machine glitches and rigged results Fake Slot Machine News.
pumpdude48
Joined in May 2016

390 Beiträge
30. October 2017
@dar2112v

I believe that there are about +or- 90 of us on the list that comes out every month that have within 1 or 2 cards of all the ones that are available. If Totem were to comp me then they should comp them as well which would get spendy so I don't mind not getting any other recognition than the monthly list.

I just would have liked to see the slot machine be a little more sophisticated to allow for those of us with large collections to spin for chances at credits only instead of discounts. I understand the "one armed bandit" concept well enough to know that I wouldn't win every or even most of the time and then not very much at any one time unless I hit a "jackpot" and cash out. For myself, I don't mind chancing a few credits in hopes of gaining more than I put out in true "slot machine" style but I don't have that option because the software won't allow it. I can't spin it at all.

Truly, for me and I suspect most of the rest of the "whole collection" group of users, it isn't a big deal and won't influence our future buying decisions. However, it would be nice to be able to participate in the odd weekend bargain event, that are mostly denied to us now simply because of our past good patronage.

And although it may sound like it, I really am not whinging since I like the product (Obviously!) and plan to continue as before. I know that Totem is trying to get the newer users with smaller collections to be users with larger collections and that the weekend events are primarily directed towards that end. I Just wanted to point out that the best customers tend to get less than equal treatment where the weekend special events are concerned and can sometimes feel a little left behind (at least me).

'nuff said and I am stepping down off the soapbox...

Thanks!
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 Beiträge
30. October 2017
You obviously have absolutely no idea what I actually said spooph

You didn't post a complaint but you stepped right in to twist my comment around into something completely different

Why is that ???

malcolmmalkolm
Joined in Sep 2017

8 Beiträge
30. October 2017
so you call your customers who have complaints *****? instead of thinking how to improve service? from my point of view it's moderator who was offensive.
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 Beiträge
30. October 2017
You guys are taking what I'm saying out of context.
I'm not a Totem employee and you are not 'my' customers

Just stop twisting what I'm saying
malcolmmalkolm
Joined in Sep 2017

8 Beiträge
30. October 2017 (edited)
Then explain yourself, give us more expanded response what you are saying,
also it's strange how you can not be Totem employe if you're working for them as a representative moderator. it means that you are part of their team.
muttonjeff
Joined in Nov 2008

653 Beiträge
@pumpdude,
having seen so many 'complaints' i have not been tempted to play the slot machine. However the option of winning credits is more interesting to me than a discount on pre-selected cards
My collection is only around half the size of yours but i think that winning credits would allow a player to buy cards of their choice. Additionally this would further reward loyal members that already receive a discount. Wins could be 0 to 5 credits. 0 is 'lose' , 1 credit would be equal to a free spin.
The odds should favor the house but the chance of winning 5 credits could encourage more to gamble

Re-reading the @dar2112v post, i may be off the mark. he speaks of winning credits instead of discounted cards.
pumpdude48
Joined in May 2016

390 Beiträge
30. October 2017
I'm just feeling a little left out is all. It's an "all about me" kind of thing...😎

I see the scrolling at the bottom of the page, of the users who won the big credits and wanted a chance to grab some of that action.

But alas, I have been too good of a customer in the past and like most weekends that prevents me from participating... snivel whine moan blah blah.... 😭😜

Like I said, no biggie, it's not going to change my buying habits so probably nothing will come of it where future opportunities are concerned.

I suppose I could save all my card buying for the last weekend of the month and maybe would have enough cards then to participate but I am not sure my O.C.D. will allow that... Probably not.

Cheers!
Arseneo
Joined in Feb 2012

101 Beiträge
30. October 2017
@team
Again no information from you that Slot Machine don't work under XP. Members reported about it in July, you've seen but didn't fix it, and a now you just run it again. No matter can you did it working or not, you must don't ignore us! I can to be without weekend offers if you can't develope it, but where is information about this in your posts???

Well, forget about Slot Machine, the main is much wider: your offers should be also for members with big collections. Of course if you respect us, your long paying customers. Most of your weekend offers just ignore those who support you many years. Nothing fatal, but... we all here for good mood, right? OK, just give to me free shows of Kate Shoo and I will shut up and happy ))) And hey hey stooop, take back your 1000 credits, I prefer to win Kate )))
iSmile
Joined in Aug 2015

28 Beiträge
30. October 2017
Uhmm, this time I had a few 2 pumpkins at the same shot, no one 3 like last time!
Played a lot...really out of luck. Two or three 70%, some 50%, every times with girls I'm really not interested.

Next time I wont play it at all, warned...thank You.
ckvghduser
Joined in Oct 2007

252 Beiträge
30. October 2017
Happy to donate my large losses on the Totem Slot Machine this past weekend so that Totem can keep their business above water (kidding). My only goal was to win 1,000 credits. Sorry to say that never happened. As with all gambling endeavors, the house, ultimately, always wins. This is why the only reason I go to Vegas, the times I have, is to visit strip clubs. I lose money there also, but it's a lot more fun.
Firescale
Joined in Feb 2011

127 Beiträge
30. October 2017
I like the slot machine.

I actually like all the campaigns, although it is unusual that I can participate.
SaintKilljoy
Joined in Oct 2017

31 Beiträge
30. October 2017
I've got no interest in gambling. Thanks but no thanks. I'll pass.
iambeauteous
Joined in Jun 2015

46 Beiträge
loss 9 credits, get nothing, better than last time when i spent 340 credits and got serveal cards that i dont like
Romla
Joined in Jul 2016

143 Beiträge
30. October 2017
Many of us built our accounts when cards were cheaper...I can tell you I got nearly all my for 1000 cards for 1 credit. That means with my 40% discount I can buy cards for 1.50 each... but a new buyer has to pay much more per card, which means they cannot build up their collection as easily if they want the new stuff. This promotion allows new customers to begin to build the collection, and once you start you can't stop....I do not participate in gambling but I did notice that our quality of girls began to increase after the last slot machine special...me thinks this makes totem some money, which they put back into a better product.

Can you, please, elaborate on this subject a little more? Are you saying you bought all your cards for 1 credit in average - that means about 0.1 euro for each? I must buy cards for 1-2 euro each now. Does it mean the price of the cards went up 10 times from the year 2012 or am I reading it wrong? Thank you for reply.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 Beiträge
30. October 2017
@Romula - I do not know if the person who indicated that the price of cards had increased from 1 to 10 credits was aware of it or not but the exchange rate for credits changed some time ago. One "old credit" was worth ten "new credits" so there was no effect on card price in terms of euros or dollars from that particular change.
Romla
Joined in Jul 2016

143 Beiträge
@TheEmu - Thanks for clarifying this. I had some suspicion the old credits worked differently than it is now, but still was ***** by orclover comment.
dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

440 Beiträge
30. October 2017
Just to follow up - the damage was no where near what I had though. Totem added some account history:

2017-10-30 Earned You have matched 1 diamond(s) 33 time(s) + 33.00
2017-10-30 Earned You have matched 2 diamond(s) 7 time(s) + 35.00
2017-10-30 Purchased You have spun the iStripper slot machine 118 times -118.00

So 118 spent - 68 won = 50 credits spent + 58 credit for my 2 purchases means I spent 108 for 7 cards - not a great value but I did have a good time and expected much worse.

I doubt I'll play again but if I was just starting out with lots of cards on my wish I'm sure I would. play
loco3veces
Joined in Dec 2008

9 Beiträge
31. October 2017
I think it's funny that triple diamond members are ***** about lack of cards or discounts. You've blown huge amounts of money from buying credits so you can get mass amounts of cards which most members can't afford to do. This promotion is what it is, a gamble. I would much prefer a gold member or lower got a lucky spin than someone who can afford to own over 1500 cards. Just my opinion.
Triple diamond doesn´t mean I can afford more then someone with a silver status. I had 9 years to build up my collection whereas a silver member is probably rather new.

Yeah ....what he said....plus i still gotta buy *****. It dont grow on trees you know 😎😶😱😱
Renegade1Oh
Joined in Sep 2017

8 Beiträge
3. November 2017
I think I made out O.K. I got some that was on my wishlist, and couple that I wouldn't bought. My biggest discount was 30%, and I got 50 credits once, and a couple of singles. And I had some fun!

Noch keine Teilnahmeberechtigung

Als ein Gratisnutzer von iStripper bist du nicht berechtigt Beiträge zu schreiben oder neue Topics zu starten.
Aber du hast Zugriff auf die grundlegenden Bereiche und kannst unsere Community kennen lernen