orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

740 Сообщения
21 March (edited)
I don't even know if I trust those best seller lists anymore, but look at that, most of the shows on that list were cosplay. From what I saw, the cosplay shows have double or triple the ratings which is an indication to me that they sell better. Years ago, maybe around 2017, when XXX cards only came out like once or twice a week, I noticed that all of a sudden, XXX cards would get the cosplay shows. They would be advertised on a big banner on the home page which had to have given them a boost in sales. Even back then I thought it was weird that so many cosplay shows would be XXX. Now it's starting to make sense. They started getting the cosplay shows to artificially boost their numbers so somebody could justify having more XXX shows. I even noticed that back then and actually was worried it might start being a 50/50 ratio. I had no idea they would go as far as 90% XXX though. They have a unique softcore product. Why would they push so hard into the XXX realm with so much competition? Seems foolish and if these ratings are any indication of sales, then the numbers do not justify this move.

Ratings do not equate to sales or more importantly profit per girl. We also do not know the agent/girl/totem interaction. What if the girls ask for more table clips with xxx? The girls may want the extra pay that xxx/anal generally brings in the industry. Totem historically has struggled to recruit great talent at all times of the year...their CEO has ***** about this multiple times. The way that it is set up might help them create a better experience for the girls, less rigorous than 4-5 hours on their feet dancing per day. My suspicion is they began creating themes for cards to manage the exhaustion of the girls. One card, all dance. Another card 4 xxx, another 3, another 2. Some cards are half table time and so on. The one thing that seems to have worked is they are getting girls in for 4-7 reshoots(I don't like it but it shows totem creates a positive experience for the girls). Reshoots were pretty rare when it was 6 dance cards.
Captain15
Joined in May 2015

22 Сообщения
21 March
@orclover

You make some weird arguments, man. I've already established that I was talking about the number of people who rated a girl, not how high the ratings are. It's not perfect, but you can't rate a girl unless you buy the show and there are definitely patterns that I see in the numbers that tells me there is some validity to it (the super popular and hot girls have more people rating shows, cosplay shows have more ratings, etc.).

And what is it with you and dancing? First it's judging shows by dancing skills, which is something a woman would do (no offense to anybody), and now you're saying stripping shows are bad because it exhausts the girls? They don't look exhausted in the shows, I'm sure they can take plenty of breaks. And why would they be dancing 4-5 hours if the shows are only about 30-45 minutes? Do they really take that many takes?

Oh yeah, haha and anal brings in extra pay to the industry? XXX fans say the darndest things.
MrSalmon
Joined in Oct 2007

4 Сообщения
21 March
They have a unique softcore product. Why would they push so hard into the xxx realm with so much competition? Seems foolish and if these ratings are any indication of sales, then the numbers do not justify this move.

I think despite how saturated xxx/hardcore content is online, the desktop format of these shows still gives the product a really competitive edge and the market for softcore seems to have become a lot more niche than it used to be. It just wouldn't make any sense for Totem to be pushing xxx cards this much if they weren't outperforming non-xxx cards. Sadly, we're the vocal minority that prefer the latter. They did experiment with making it 50/50(non xxx/xxx) last year, and it was an awesome few months, but sales results must have shown that they had to go back to tripling down on XXX.

One thing I'm interested in seeing is if Totem decide to rebrand everything again. If things continue on this trajectory, calling it 'iStripper' will become less and less relevant to the actual flagship xxx product. Funnily enough, the old names 'Deskbabes' and 'Virtuagirl' were evergreen and didn't have this issue. Wonder if they'll revert to either of them?

jclown781
Joined in Feb 2008

92 Сообщения
21 March
I agree that 5xxx shows can become boring but there is more diversity that can be done with a xxx show than a non-xxx show.

@Orclover Ok then lets see it. I feel that if there was more variety or diversity as you called it then we wouldn't be here having these arguments. However some of what you say is valid. If the end table clips are to be xxx from now on fine I won't have a problem with that anymore. I don't really think there needs to be table clips of the girls doing absolutely nothing. Just not the last 20 minutes of every show..the last 10-12 maybe. Just make enough time for the other facets of the show and the girls to shine..

Again not asking for all dancing shows or all pole shows either. Those would wind up being just as repetitive and tedious in the long run. As you've stated it seems that it may have even happened years ago. However now it's just too far off the other way.
Most forget that Deskbabes was a flop in the long run as well. To be honest that was way more appealing at least to me than the xxx shows are now. (at least before they became toy fests and the girls paid less attention to eachother)
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 Сообщения
21 March
Again not asking for all dancing shows or all pole shows either. Those would wind up being just as repetitive and tedious in the long run.
Of course. The big point of "regular" shows is teasing. Not only dance and not dance above all.
goodwolf
Joined in May 2011

234 Сообщения
21 March
Go to "home" and there is a line "most popular' - in my opinion those are the best selling cards, just unsure which time period how much weeks or one month ? Sure not the same as you would look at a yearly selling figure.
goodwolf
Joined in May 2011

234 Сообщения
21 March
Most girls in the passed 2-3 years are either from Ukraine or from Russia. I bet these girls just needed the money quickly so started this for must and have not had any possibility to learn, not timewise, not otherwise. Still at production it is the cheapest to give her a toy and let her play, shoot it in 5-6x 5 minutes and you already have half the show. I pointed out my opinion through the years many times, that the best performances for me are when she does not even touch herself. That is a performance done with grace, especially if her beauty (facial and body) is well over the average. Those Ladies might be more sexy even dressed up. Also you can't be sure if the best selling card gave the best profit since the numbers are not published, (and shouldn't be, because it's none of our business). Don't think all ladies being paid the same for a set of show. Always 3 factors - how much she took the job for, how much was to shoot / produce it and then how many users bought it. As long as the first 2 are lower, you have better chance to do better profit, unless the number of buyers are very different. The more clips, the longer time to spend for shooting, editing, means higher cost. As long as the price is the same for all cards, except cosplay, SEC etc. it is not easy to balance. Can extra 10-15 minutes be priced same as cosplay shows ? Good question, right ?
orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

740 Сообщения
21 March
Go to "home" and there is a line "most popular' - in my opinion those are the best selling cards, just unsure which time period how much weeks or one month ? Sure not the same as you would look at a yearly selling figure.
Can't be per sale as many of the most popular cards just released. Might be sales per day or something because that would skew towards newer cards but it is as likely just random new cards rather than some meaningful algorithm. Might be credits spent...which is why the expensive card is #1.
orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

740 Сообщения
21 March
Most girls in the passed 2-3 years are either from Ukraine or from Russia. I bet these girls just needed the money quickly so started this for must and have not had any possibility to learn, not timewise, not otherwise. Still at production it is the cheapest to give her a toy and let her play, shoot it in 5-6x 5 minutes and you already have half the show. I pointed out my opinion through the years many times, that the best performances for me are when she does not even touch herself. That is a performance done with grace, especially if her beauty (facial and body) is well over the average. Those Ladies might be more sexy even dressed up. Also you can't be sure if the best selling card gave the best profit since the numbers are not published, (and shouldn't be, because it's none of our business). Don't think all ladies being paid the same for a set of show. Always 3 factors - how much she took the job for, how much was to shoot / produce it and then how many users bought it. As long as the first 2 are lower, you have better chance to do better profit, unless the number of buyers are very different. The more clips, the longer time to spend for shooting, editing, means higher cost. As long as the price is the same for all cards, except cosplay, SEC etc. it is not easy to balance. Can extra 10-15 minutes be priced same as cosplay shows ? Good question, right ?

Totem needs to follow two simple rules:
1. Script the show to the strengths and weaknesses of the performer...they do this moderately well. Girls like Layla Scarlett are not dancers at all. So they have all xxx shows, including a show with all xxx. Sometimes when a girl has pole skills they have her do non-pole cards...this makes no sense.
2. Script as much diversity into the card set. So 6 different style outfits...school girl, office, swim-wear, club wear, tennis shoes, lingerie and use as many toys as possible in xxx, and each xxx has different clothing amounts. They do this really well.

They are NEVER going back to non-xxx performances. It is just boring for most customers as it doesn't appeal to enough people. I am happy people like classy shows where the girl teases and is shy...but most people want more than that and won't watch 5 hours of a girl barely showing their body and teasing.
JonC001
Joined in Mar 2008

1382 Сообщения
21 March
It is just boring for most customers as it doesn't appeal to enough people.
Where is the proof of this?
Romla
Joined in Jul 2016

143 Сообщения
22 March
They are NEVER going back to non-xxx performances. It is just boring for most customers as it doesn't appeal to enough people. I am happy people like classy shows where the girl teases and is shy...but most people want more than that and won't watch 5 hours of a girl barely showing their body and teasing.

This is just your unfounded assumption. No one in this thread said the girl should not show her body and tease us for 5 hours. But what I found boring, is a girl laying on table and masturbating for 15 minutes in every single of her shows.
Captain15
Joined in May 2015

22 Сообщения
22 March (edited)
This Orclover guy wants 100% XXX shows. He/she can't enjoy a Gloria/Mila Azul, etc show because the dancing skills aren't professionally skilled. Does not give a ***** that they are hot. I used to wonder what XXX fans got out of XXX shows. Are they cucks? They don't fantasize about being with the model, do they fantasize about sitting in the same room watching them get off? Yes, for some of them. But others like Orc lover. I think they fantasize about being the model and having a dildo shoved up their ass. Not interested in the models at all. Just the dildos they wished were shoved up their ass. This is the audience you decided to destroy your core product for, Totem? Seems foolish....
dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

440 Сообщения
22 March (edited)
Obviously this topic is getting a little intense.

It's a complex topic and I don't thinks things are as obvious as it might seem but I wont go into other to say two things I'm not sure are being considered.

I suspect a lot of the models that do 'hardcore' or 'xxx' don't want to less graphic content because they want the max pay; and if totem is paying for 'xxx' content they are likely going to produce the show accordingly. The model are driving the content in some (or many) cases I suspect and has less about Totem or member preferences.

Secondly, I'm confident the are many members that wont buy a card unless it's xxx and when they are 'stuck' with one from a loot box they ***** and/or rate it low. And while I prefer the more interesting (to me) non-xxx shows, I won't think twice buying the XXX shows if I like the girl. So I'm sure XXX sells better but doubt they are the most in demand at IS. IS has a vast world of XXX competition and those that really only want XXX won't even notice the site beyond following a favorite girl.

IS/Totem has gone in a pretty disappointing direction but I keep sticking with it, [eventually] buying all the shows that I want to own but ignoring the shows they don't want to sell me. But, If guys or girls that were ever guys ever show up I'll be gone before I even have the time to BYE! While I'm not sure I consider a girl shoving plastic for 10 min. actual XXX content, I can live with it and if it makes the other half of the members happy then so much the better.
Alkasyn
Joined in Apr 2008

707 Сообщения
22 March
This Orclover guy wants 100% XXX shows. He/she can't enjoy a Gloria/Mila Azul, etc show because the dancing skills aren't professionally skilled. Does not give a ***** that they are hot. I used to wonder what XXX fans got out of XXX shows. Are they cucks? They don't fantasize about being with the model, do they fantasize about sitting in the same room watching them get off? Yes, for some of them. But others like Orc lover. I think they fantasize about being the model and having a dildo shoved up their ass. Not interested in the models at all. Just the dildos they wished were shoved up their ass. This is the audience you decided to destroy your core product for, Totem? Seems foolish....

I don't think it's worth it to antagonize Orclover, as he simply provides you with a different perspective you don't like.

Certainly not worth it to make personal assumptions like the ones quoted above.
sbholder
Joined in Jul 2018

21 Сообщения
22 March
I personally prefer XXX shows but only if there is a good mix of standing and pole as well. I generally dislike table only cards because I want to see more of the outfit and the stripping/dancing. I'd say splitting the show into equal thirds is about the best mix. Give me about 12 minutes of standing, 12 of pole, and 12 of table XXX. It seems like that would be the best compromise for everyone. And maybe Totem agrees since that seems to be the way they've been trending over the last few years.

SupErot
Joined in Nov 2023

8 Сообщения
22 March
@sbholder I think the concern is that it's trended beyond that to the point that the majority of all shows are spent on the table now. See my post here where I analyzed all of the Dec 2023 shows:
https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/54419/1?post=776966
Всё о iStripper / Do I ***** too much?
I decided to crunch some numbers in order to have some data to go off of. I used table clips rather than explicit clips. Partially because that was part of the original post (table clips don't provide...
Over 50% of show time was spent on table clips, which averages to 19 minutes per card. Most XXX cards (which is most cards these days) have less than 15 minutes of pole & standing clips combined.
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1025 Сообщения
22 March
I don't play XXX clips so, when I buy an F series show I'm getting less for my money. However, my real ***** is that the amount of real stripping has diminished over the years. In my opinion too many cards start out with the model nearly naked with little left to remove.
orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

740 Сообщения
22 March

Love the passion bro. I knew you were my American kin from your brash rudeness. I hope for your sake that they bring in some hot Ukrainian 18 year olds and shoot 6 non-xxx cards, each 40 minutes in length. I hope you enjoyed Toree.
Bitwrangler
Joined in Apr 2021

158 Сообщения
23 March
I have certainly noticed the lack of stripping on many cards- especially on the XXX ones. I was actually just trying to put together a playlist of stripping clips and found it impossible for some girls- because while they had standing clips the most they were wearing were panties. Likely because a full strip (for either standing or poll) usually takes 3 or more minutes and those long clips are the first to be dropped to make room for the XXX table clips.

It is a strange problem to have in a product named "iStripper".
Romla
Joined in Jul 2016

143 Сообщения
23 March (edited)
@dar2112v Thanks for you comment, I think there are some interesting views on the matter, which can be right.

@Captain15, @orclover Can we continue without offending other users, please?

I fully understand everyone has different tastes and iStripper cannot adapt to everyone equally. But what bothers me is the latest change to go full XXX on 90% of all the cards, is it really necessary? It really asks for the change of the product name at least, because it is not so much stripping anymore.

In fact I love the fully naked table clips the most, but not when the girl is just masturbating in all of them, I love it when the girl is moving while naked or talking (preferably in her native language, which is much more natural).

Like I said, everyone has different tastes, but 90% XXX content seems too much for me.

Some of my favorites non-XXX cards are for example:
Hissatsu
Joined in May 2022

6 Сообщения
23 March (edited)
Gloria (***) is the undisputed best girl on here (IMO, of course). She has 17 cards on here and of them only 1 is an XXX card. Not only is she the best looking (again, IMO), her cards are the embodiment of what the girls should be doing in their shows. Just because the card is not XXX doesn't mean the girl won't get fully naked. I don't know where that notion came about. The thing is, without their clothes, all of the shows would pretty much be the same.

Edit by Mod - only use the names of the models in iStripper as published
darn5
Joined in Apr 2009

35 Сообщения
23 March (edited)
This discussion is really old. I think they (Totem/Istripper) were considering dropping xxx cards alltogether, but thankfully enough people were against this.

However, as things are today:
  • I agree with the lack of stripping. It's really disappointing.
  • While i prefer xxx Cards myself, i don't like the mixed Cards. Producing less xxx Cards in total, but making those more fokused (like table only, but i wouldn't mind standing stripping etc) seems preferrable to me.

Thats how it was in the old days, back then the girls also were stripping in their shows.

great, now i sound like an old fart

try using your brain before typing. caution though, it might *****, if you look back on your life
jclown781
Joined in Feb 2008

92 Сообщения
23 March
Give me about 12 minutes of standing, 12 of pole, and 12 of table XXX. It seems like that would be the best compromise for everyone. And maybe Totem agrees since that seems to be the way they've been trending over the last few years.

Totally agree I had suggested this also and I would be in if that were to become the compromise.
Yes they have been trending in that direction...I suppose somewhat..unfortunately the current ratio is more along the line of 7 minutes pole, 7-8 minutes standing and 18-20 minutes on the table. That is assuming that one or the other isn't cut out altogether and replaced with even more table content.

@Orclover is right xxx isn't going anywhere and for those of us who want more of the other content this "compromise" might be the best that we're going to get. 12 minutes at least of each would be enough especially if added to the existing multi clip sequences of starting fully dressed and stripping down to fully naked. If nothing else it should eliminate the need for 1 minute or less clips..talk about pointless and annoying, clips that end before she can even get started.

If there is need for more table or xxx content they can always just add a few minutes to the overall show. I've seen plenty of 38-40 plus minute shows here as well so it's not out of reach for them to do that.

Ullubu
Joined in Dec 2011

729 Сообщения
23 March
12 min XXX is not enough, half of a show should be XXX. Anything lower than 15min XXX in a 30min show is just lame.
orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

740 Сообщения
23 March (edited)
@dar2112v Thanks for you comment, I think there are some interesting views on the matter, which can be right.@Captain15, @orclover Can we continue without offending other users, please?I fully understand everyone has different tastes and iStripper cannot adapt to everyone equally. But what bothers me is the latest change to go full XXX on 90% of all the cards, is it really necessary? It really asks for the change of the product name at least, because it is not so much stripping anymore.In fact I love the fully naked table clips the most, but not when the girl is just masturbating in all of them, I love it when the girl is moving while naked or talking (preferably in her native language, which is much more natural).Like I said, everyone has different tastes, but 90% XXX content seems too much for me.Some of my favorites non-XXX cards are for example:Full show Full show Full show

They do emphasize tease on the non-xxx cards. If a girl has mostly xxx her one non-xxx will involve "restraint", striptease, eye contact. If the girl is not comfortable dancing they won't do that tease non-xxx. A decent compromise would be 4 xxx, 2 non-xxx. 1 tease, and 1 full out dance card with no xxx. I remember one with Agatha Vega, the one with white jean shorts, it seemed they didn't want her to shake her ass, to keep it more "girl next door". She did it anyway. :)
Romla
Joined in Jul 2016

143 Сообщения
23 March (edited)
Lots of people in this thread wants more non-XXX content. But we have different ideas on how to achieve that.

I for example do not want to reduce table clips at all, the more table clips the better. But I do not want all table clips to be XXX, that is just lame. There is now ridiculously lot of XXX content, I would be for going back to 1:1. I am buying almost two times more non-XXX cards (2560) than XXX cards (1480), but right now they are producing only 1 non-XXX card to 9 XXX cards, not cool at all.
jclown781
Joined in Feb 2008

92 Сообщения
23 March
I don't think it's worth it to antagonize Orclover, as he simply provides you with a different perspective you don't like.

Yeah should probably ease up a little. ***** @orclover and other xxx fans isn't going to help our cause any. Looking back earlier in the conversation you'll see it didn't do Ullubu any favors either. At least orclover seems more open minded than most and unfortunately most of his points are more believable than I want them to be.

I hope for your sake that they bring in some hot Ukrainian 18 year olds and shoot 6 non-xxx cards, each 40 minutes in length. I hope you enjoyed Toree.

HaHa a man can dream right? A man can indeed dream. Btw yes a majority of us indeed have thoroughly enjoyed Toree 😍
Philours
Joined in Feb 2019

1558 Сообщения
23 March
Indeed, a man can dream of Toree doing some XXX shows, yes.
jclown781
Joined in Feb 2008

92 Сообщения
23 March
12 min XXX is not enough, half of a show should be XXX. Anything lower than 15min XXX in a 30min show is just lame.

I think 12 minutes is more than enough. Like I said though they can extend xxx shows a few minutes longer to cater to that it wouldn't ***** them. As long as I get double digit time frames of standing and pole content I could care less what they do with the table content.
I enjoy table content just as you do but half of the show is too much. If it were the other way around with every show being non xxx and xxx was nothing more than a novelty every once in a while then I would fully agree with you. It would make the xxx shows more special kind of like what the duo cards have become nowadays.

I can't agree with @Romla either I was originally arguing against too much table content overall. Somehow the issue always gets siderailed into being a black and white argument about xxx vs non xxx. Probably my own fault I have a hard time explaining things thoroughly through typed words and in social conversations but in general I feel and I hope that I have been reasonably consistent.

jclown781
Joined in Feb 2008

92 Сообщения
23 March
Indeed, a man can dream of Toree doing some XXX shows, yes.

Haha @philours nice touch man nice touch. Hopefully at least she does one more dancing series before you guys plop her perfect ass on the taskbar.

Вам ещё не разрешается участвовать

Будучи бесплатным пользователем iStripper, вам не разрешается отвечать на форуме или же создавать новую тему.
Но вы можете просмотреть основные категории форума или познакомиться с его участниками !