Is it possible to play transition clips in fullscreen?

Forum / Everything about iStripper

orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

740 post(s)
December 16, 2019
Wanting to do some screen capture and full screen allows some filters to "fix" graphical issues with cards... just wondering If I can capture transition clips on fullscreen either through clip players or some other trick.
SetFuego
Joined in Mar 2008

737 post(s)
December 16, 2019
Dear heaven, no, these clips are really getting on my cookie. If transition clips are desired in fullscreen , then only as a function that can be deactivated in the settings, which I would generally like for these kind of clips.
lukaszr
Joined in Dec 2007

719 post(s)
December 17, 2019
Yes, there are some tricks.

The simplest trick is to put the file name to registry.
Assuming you know how to use Registry Editor: open Registry Editor, locate this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Totem\vghd\parameters
locate the variable named "ForceAnim" and change its value to, lets say, "f0036_sc1_it08_9101.vghd" (use the file name you want to play as its value).

2nd: use Custom Playlist Manager from @Starryk or Playlist Generator from @Dorsai6. If I remember correctly, their apps allowed to create playlists consisting of transition clips and play them in full size.

3rd one is described here:
https://www.isworkshop.eu/index.php?p=multiple_models_on_one_screen_3
orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

740 post(s)
December 17, 2019
Yes, there are some tricks.

The simplest trick is to put the file name to registry.
Assuming you know how to use Registry Editor: open Registry Editor, locate this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Totem\vghd\parameterslocate the variable named "ForceAnim" and change its value to, lets say, "f0036_sc1_it08_9101.vghd" (use the file name you want to play as its value).

2nd: use Custom Playlist Manager from @Starryk or Playlist Generator from @Dorsai6. If I remember correctly, their apps allowed to create playlists consisting of transition clips and play them in full size.

3rd one is described here:
https://www.isworkshop.eu/index.php?p=multiple_models_on_one_screen_3

Thank you for the help. I was able to get the transition clips into istripper as indiviual clips but when I add them through the tried and true ***** and drop and then fullscreen it goes black and skips the clip. I'll try the playlist managers and see If I can get them to play.
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1025 post(s)
December 17, 2019
@orclover,

My Playlist Generator is out of action until I modify it to support the new models.lst file format. Should be 2-3 weeks. When it works it is able to create playlists that include transtion clips. It is also able to enable or disable cards and clips by setting flags in the models.lst file.

Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3762 post(s)
December 17, 2019 (edited)
You Can also use my Associative Clip Player from 2008.

Unzip it to a Folder in your User Profile
Such as
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ClipPlayer

can be any folder you want to use.

Open one of the Models Folders.
Right Click on one of the .vghd files
Select Open With
Select Browse for App

Browse to the Folder where you save my Clip Player
and Click on the EXE file
make sure there is a check mark in Always use this app

Then Do the Same thing for a .Demo clip.

Now all of your .vghd and .demo clips are Associated to use my Player when you Double click on one of them.

Browse to ANY models folder, and Double click on one of the Animation files to Play that Clip.

PS.
iStripper must be running it can be Minimized to the System Tray, it doesn't have to be on Screen.

Works with All version of iStripper
Browse to a Models folder,
Double click on a Clip to play it.

Download it from here
http://www.wyldanimal.com/files/Clip-Player/iS-Clip-Player.zip

Here is a tutorial Video - Shows how to Unzip it, and then Associate it to the .vghd and .demo clips.
http://www.wyldanimal.com/files/Clip-Player/iS-Clip-player.mp4

Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3762 post(s)
December 17, 2019
A little bit more info.

My Clip player can be used for ***** and Drop.
Put a ShortCut to the EXE file on your desk top.

Open a Models folder
***** a Clip and Drop it on top of the Short Cut.

You can Also use it as a Clip Server.

write your Own App
have your App send my Clip Player the Path and Name of the Clip you want to play.

My Clip Player will then tell iStripper to Play that Clip.

So it has some Utility function if you want to experiment with your Own App.

or Just use it for ***** and Drop, no FIle Association is Needed for ***** n Drop.

Demo Video here
http://www.wyldanimal.com/files/Clip-Player/Clip-Player-as-a-Clip-Server.mp4
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3762 post(s)
December 17, 2019
@orclover

My Bad, I misread the Title...

My Clip Player can not be used with FullScreen Scenes..
Not Since a couple years ago...
The Control to Start a Full Screen Screen with a Clip Name Pushed to it
has been non-Functional for a few years.

You would have to Create a playlist .vpl file with IT clips in it.
And Currently, you have to use a 3rd party app to do that.

Then Insert that Playlist into the Next list on the Now Playing Tab.
Then Start Full Screen, so it uses the Playlist.

Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 post(s)
December 17, 2019
I think you all missed something there, he meant fullscreen scenes, not large size on desktop.
Carbo
Joined in Nov 2007

218 post(s)
December 17, 2019
Since we're talking about 3rd party app, is there a way to remotely ***** a playing clip and to go to next clip in the playlist? Some wildcard character we could push instead of a clip filename? Something that would do the same effect as the 'Next model' in the contextual menu.
orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

740 post(s)
December 17, 2019
@orclover

My Bad, I misread the Title...

My Clip Player can not be used with FullScreen Scenes..
Not Since a couple years ago...
The Control to Start a Full Screen Screen with a Clip Name Pushed to it
has been non-Functional for a few years.

You would have to Create a playlist .vpl file with IT clips in it.
And Currently, you have to use a 3rd party app to do that.

Then Insert that Playlist into the Next list on the Now Playing Tab.
Then Start Full Screen, so it uses the Playlist.

I've been able to insert the IT clip into the next....but I have not been able to get it to play in the FS scene. There is a slight delay and it moves onto another clip. I wonder if there is an input in the .scn that is needed to play IT clips...they do not belong in any of the other categories such as standing, pole, table...etc....
Dentrassy
Joined in Dec 2008

6 post(s)
December 18, 2019
Here's one I prepared earlier.
To do this I made a copy of the transition clip and renamed the copy so it appears to be a standard clip type. After running “Rebuild collection” the new clip is available to use.

For example, the Sharon Lee clip in the attached screenshot is a copy of "e0102_it05_38912301.vghd".
Using file explorer I did a copy and paste (in the same directory) giving me "e0102_it05_38912301 - Copy.vghd".

I renamed the copy to "e0102_1056301.vghd", after a rebuild of my collection this shows as “Top of Screen with Accessories”. I chose this clip type because at the time (April 2015) I did not have any swing clips with accessories in my collection.

I have also used the “it01” clips (girls walking around looking bored) in some fullscreen scenes. I renamed these to be Cage clips because there are no Cage clips in any of the E series cards.
For Sharron Lee’s card I renamed “e0102_it01_38912301 - Copy.vghd” to “e0102_512301.vghd”.

Don't forget, You must "Rebuild Collection" after creating the new clips.
littleEvilMe
Joined in Oct 2015

42 post(s)
December 18, 2019
@Dentrassy

Hi

thanks for explaining how that was done. I would like to try do this myself but i have some questions though,
1. What is the significance of the number 1056301 you chose to use when renaming the file name to e0102_1056301.vghd, is this what dictates the type of clip ie top, cage, table etc. if so do you have a list of which numbers mean what?
2. presumably you have to do this for each card one by one manually for every card for which you want to use the transition clips.
3. I would only want to use the hanging clips in fullscreen are these always listed as it05 so that i can be sure i always pick the right file?
4. if i was only changing 1 file (the it05 ones) in say the entire 3K and 4K collections how long do you think the rebuild of my collection would take.

Thanks in advance
Dentrassy
Joined in Dec 2008

6 post(s)
December 18, 2019
@LittleEvilMe

1. @Dorsai6 has provided the answer to this.
2. I did them manually, but I only did a handfull as it was just a bit of fun.
3. Yes
4. With my collection of over 2,500 cards a rebuild take 2 or 3 minutes.
littleEvilMe
Joined in Oct 2015

42 post(s)
December 18, 2019
Thats great thanks guys
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3762 post(s)
December 18, 2019
@LittleEvilMe

Rebuild Collection Takes an Inventory of every clip in your collection
and stores this inventory list in the Models.lst file

If you have your Models Folder White listed from your Security software
4500 cards takes about 3 minutes or less

if you DO NOT have your Models folder white listed from your security software
it can take a Long long time.

because each time iStripper looks at a clip, so too, you security software will also look at it.
And your Security software adds a lot of delay to each and ever clip looked at.

15 minutes or longer would not be unusual.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !