TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
December 7, 2019 (edited)
@ckvghduser - But you do get the discount on every one of the seven cards released each week. Most of them ahve a nominal price of 25 credits but some of them have a nomimal price of 30 credits. If you do not have a premium membership you pay this nominal price reduced by whatever discount your membership level (bronze, silver, gold, platimum. diamond. double diamond or triple diamond) entiles you to and if you have bought into the premium membership you get 10% extra if you buy in the first 10 days. This was true for the Jia Lissa card - you qualified for the extra 10% discount and, if you bought the card, you should have recieved that discount. Why do you think that all newlt released cards should have the same nominal price? That has never been the case, there have always been some that have been priced a little bit over the normal cost of a card.
boan000
Joined in Apr 2008

270 post(s)
December 7, 2019
@ckvghduser
Because I was told that if I paid the extra Premium Membership fee, I would get the discount in return -- not an occasional discount

There's no discount offered for you on this card? What is the price for you? I'm with you on this, if Totem advertises a perk as part of the Premium membership, they need to universally apply those perks to the entire scope of that memebership, to include "special" cards or escalated "priority" customer service... whichever the case may be. Anything is misleading false advertising.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
December 7, 2019 (edited)
You know, I'm fine with these explanations. I guess I just wish that Totem would have explained it like this up front.

Totem did explain it to you, they said that as a premium member you get an extra discount and that is exactly what we got for the Jia Lissa card in question. The card was more expensive for everyone, as a premium member you could get it cheaper than if you were not a premium member.
boan000
Joined in Apr 2008

270 post(s)
December 7, 2019
@ck, the only real question is not how muchh the final price was, but whether the promised 20% discount for premium membership was applied. Was it?
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
December 7, 2019
@boan000 - The promised discount was 10%, not 20%, and it was applied.
boan000
Joined in Apr 2008

270 post(s)
December 7, 2019
And Happy Holidays, gkar45 and to the entire community and team!
boan000
Joined in Apr 2008

270 post(s)
December 7, 2019
Wrong again, Emu, the promised discount is 20%
boan000
Joined in Apr 2008

270 post(s)
December 7, 2019
Here is the very simple math for you just to underscore the point: 13.75 - (13.75 * 0.2) = 11.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
December 7, 2019
@boan000 - Yes, you are right - I don't know where I got the 10% from. But whatever the amount was we did get it applied to the jia Lissa Card.
ckvghduser
Joined in Oct 2007

252 post(s)
December 8, 2019
Okay, after this discussion, the only thing that was unclear to me was that some of the cards were going to have an increase on their base price. This happened to coincide with the Premium membership offer. Maybe I missed it, but I wasn't aware these increases on some of the cards was coming. So, I wondered why some of the cards (Jia Lissa and Kaisa Norda) did not appear to be discounted on the new Premium Membership. They were discounted, but the discount was, for all intents and purposes, negated by the higher price when I was looking at the final price.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
December 8, 2019 (edited)
@ckvghduser - there have long been occasional cards that have higher than normal base prices. Sometimes this increase in price is for obvious reasons, such as last February's Anissa Kate & Ginebra Bellucci / Mean Streak (it was a duo card) and sometimes it is for less obvious reasons such as Nancy A / Wicked Witch or Estonika / Gotham City / Erotic Parody (which involved special costumes). For the most part these have been featured on the News page and the increased price mentioned there but I can't remember if that has previously always been the case and it does not seem to have happened for these two recent cards. However, when you are about to buy a card you are given the nominal price and and then how much it will be after your discounts have been applied - though this is easy to miss when you have decided to buy a card. (Maybe you don't get to see the base and discounted prices if you are using the "one click purchase" option - I don't use that so I don't know).
ckvghduser
Joined in Oct 2007

252 post(s)
December 8, 2019
When purchasing a card, the only thing I look for is the discounted price. That tells me all I need to know about the calculations used. The cards where the prices was bumped up was usually obvious like you stated. These last two took me by surprise because I saw no obvious reason for the higher price. They also came so close together and I didn't expect that.

Finally, my concern is that these higher prices on cards will become more and more frequent, thereby compensating Totem for the new Premium membership discount.
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
December 8, 2019
Finally, my concern is that these higher prices on cards will become more and more frequent, thereby compensating Totem for the new Premium membership discount.

I have no crystal balls, (pun intended) but I seriously doubt that Totem are going to up the regular price any time soon.
Gorfa91
Joined in Aug 2010

279 post(s)
December 8, 2019
Or if it was the case it would be related to an economical phenomena called inflation and it hits most the goods and services we are purchasing... so sooner or later...

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !