Changing the order or number of scenes within a certain model card

Forum / Everything about iStripper

wrdlprmf
Joined in Oct 2017

11 post(s)
June 17, 2019
Changing the order of scenes of a certain model card

Has anyone here got a clue how to change the number and/or order of scenes within a single model card?
The order in which those scenes are played seems rather arbitrary, the next part does not start where the last part ends.

If you right click on a model appearing and then click the icon "Detalls anzeigen" ("Show details"), at the upper far right corner of your screen appears a new icon which will lead you to a detailed list of parts ("scenes", episodes) of the model card, numbered beginning from no. 1. There are also boxes to tick ot untick, but doing so seems not to change the order or number of the parts played.

This is especially annoying as I want to see the following part or episode, but I often get a scene that starts at the same erotic level as the last one.

I am thankful for every hint from anyone.
stefnev1
Joined in Jul 2008

4440 post(s)
June 17, 2019
@wrdlprmf
To do what you write, you can make a playlist with the clips of the card placed in the order you want to play them. After that, just launch this playlist.
wrdlprmf
Joined in Oct 2017

11 post(s)
June 17, 2019
Good idea, stefnev1, I'll try it. Very helpful staff out there, and really fast. Thanks a lot!
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
June 17, 2019
@wrdlprmf

Has anyone here got a clue how to change the number and/or order of scenes within a single model card?
The order in which those scenes are played seems rather arbitrary, the next part does not start where the last part ends.

As well as using a cliplevel playlist as @stefnev1 suggests (which gives you complete control ver the order) there are also a couple of controls on the settings tab of the GUI, these being those for "Levels Of Eroticism" and "Progressive Hotness". If this last is enabled then the progress though the clips is much less random. But note that there are separate versions of these two controls for the Desktop and Fullscreen Scene modes. Also that they are only visible if you first enable "Advanced Settings".

Also if you right click on the Play control for a card either on the My Collection tab or on the card's details page a small menu will pop up and one of the options it offers is to play all clips - if it is used then I think that they are played in a "sensible" order.
wrdlprmf
Joined in Oct 2017

11 post(s)
June 17, 2019
Another question to stefnev1:

Is there any way to influence the appearance of three models at the same time with the background of Whisper Club (Multigirls)?

Such customization would really make the user experience less hazardous and more unique.

Thanks for your answer!
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
June 17, 2019
@wrdlprmf

The first clip mentioned in the .scn file is treated as the primary performer and is taken from the "Now Playing" slot in the Now Playing sidebar or from the next "Next" slot of that sidebar if there is no active card. If you have a two screen monitor you can ***** a card or clip to these locations to switch the main performer either immediately or on the next change of card.

However, the remaining clips in a scene are not so controllable - they are always selected at random from whatever cards you have enabled on the My Collection tab so your only recourse is to disable any cards that you do not want to be used (which is not very convenient).
wrdlprmf
Joined in Oct 2017

11 post(s)
June 19, 2019
Number and order of clips - my plan still does not work

I followed stefnev1's hint (above) and created a playlist of 5 clips of a certain model, saved the Playlist und loaded (mounted) it again. The system will neither play all the 5 clips nor will it play them in the order of the playlist. What is a playlist for if nevertheless I have to choose the order of the clips manually (and often not knowing if a clip of the next erotic level will match the clip before?)

For me (and my Mac) the essential flaw of iStripper's system seems to be the following: They wanted to build up an entire striptease and cut it in clips; or better: two ore three different stripteases which clips result in two or three complete shows from "no nudity" to "fully nude" or "XXX".

Some older model cards seem to indicate that certain clips belong to a "scene", so you can decide which clips to choose and in what order (of hotness). But mostly I am not capable to guess in which order which clips to play.

So I get a model who starts with a non-nude demo (level 1), then bares her breasts (level 2), then does a pole dance competely naked (level 4), then reappears fully clothed and strips out of bra and panties, then shows only her breasts, then opens her legs in the nude, then reappears in her dress ... and so on. Do I call this a striptease?

If I choose the option "progressive hotness" ("Schärfe steigern") she starts with some boring demos, then does several clips of the next level, so that I can see her three times remove only her bra, then the next level etc. Repetition, of course, ***** the progression of hotness. Do I really have to wait 30 minutes or so until she bares her girlie goodies???

If i uncheck "porgressive hotness" and tick only some erotic levels, the order of appearing is equally arbitrary, and I can only avoid the more boring introductions (demos, topless)

If anyone has a suggestion how to change this, I would be sooo grateful.

I'm working on a Mac, maybe that's a problem?
pantalone
Joined in Nov 2010

224 post(s)
June 19, 2019
I followed stefnev1's hint (above) and created a playlist of 5 clips of a certain model, saved the Playlist und loaded (mounted) it again. The system will neither play all the 5 clips nor will it play them in the order of the playlist. What is a playlist for if nevertheless I have to choose the order of the clips manually (and often not knowing if a clip of the next erotic level will match the clip before?)

@wrdlprmf

I agree with you that it's good to have a continuous striptease. The way I do it is to load clips into a playlist, selecting only either Table, or Pole or Standing. The girls are instructed to start and end each clip in a specific pose, so, accepting the little gaps between clips, it's fairly progressive. I need to be a bit selective with clips - most cards have a full nude clip in the middle, for some reason, and there is usually a single clip with a full strip.

If you are having trouble getting them to play in order, have you unchecked the Random and Repeat boxes at the bottom of the Now Playing tab? And bear in mind that the clips at the bottom of the list are played first. The @Dorsai6 playlist generator can mostly do this for you, I think, though I can't get it to work on my system for some reason. I hope that you can get it set up as you want - it should be possible and it's worth it.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3742 post(s)
June 19, 2019
@wrdlprmf

For a Full Screen Scene
Since only the 1st Model position comes from the Play list, the other two are selected from Enabled Cards.

It is, however possible via Progressive Hotness to do what you want.

But here is the catch.
You would have to rename the Levels and Level order of the filenames of the clips.

You can do these steps by hand, Keep track of it on Paper or in a spread sheet.

Or a programmer could create a tool that would allow you to do this.
1) make a list of the Orig Names, with an ID number.
2) allow you to change the names, and track the New name to the Orig Name List, using the ID number.
3) restore the Orig Names when you are done

each clip name ends with the right most 3 digits making up the Level, and Level number.
Levels go from 0 to 5, and the Level number is the last 2 digits.

After you Have renamed your clips

then you got to settings, check Advance Settings, and click on Rebuild Collection.

this will re scan all of the folders, and create a New arrangement of the clips, based on the new names you have given them.

Is it worth all this trouble?
to me, no, but maybe to you it is...

Perhaps, one day, we will get a version that ONLY selects models from the Playlist, for all of the Models Positions.

Or better. allow a playlist to be used for each Model positions.

This would then allow Each Position to be controlled by a specific Playlist.

In the Scene code, a playlist name could be assigned to that clip position.
So all of the clips for that particular position and pulled from that specific playlist

Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1023 post(s)
June 19, 2019
@wrdlprmf

I'm working on a Mac, maybe that's a problem?

No, this is not a Mac problem. It's a design limitation/constraint of iStripper itself. As @Wyldanimal said, full-screens can use a playlist for the primary model, but additional models are selected are randomly selected from enabled cards.

If you create a playlist of clips and arrange them in your desired order, they will play in that order in the large or small modes If

1. You use "Insert the playlist" to load the playlist in the Now Playing tab.
2. Make sure the Random checkbox is not selected.

See the attached screen shot with my window washer playlist being played

Regarding my AppleScript. I just tested it. Sorry to say, it no longer works. I last used it in 2014 and Totem has changed the format of the models.lst file since then.

@pantalone

Send me a PM or post your problem on the thread for my Playlist Generator. I'd like to try to help you get it to work.

wrdlprmf
Joined in Oct 2017

11 post(s)
June 21, 2019
To @wyldanimal

Thanks for the hint. I had forgotten to insert the playlist to "Now playing", but where shuld I have known that from. From the handbook?

I will return later if this doesn't work as I want it.

P.S. Remains the problem that you know the erotic level on which the clip ends, but never know the erotic level it starts. Am I right?
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1023 post(s)
June 21, 2019
P.S. Remains the problem that you know the erotic level on which the clip ends, but never know the erotic level it starts. Am I right?

I believe you are correct with one exception. One of the bits encoded in a clip's file number indicates "nude at start". I think this is used only for e and f series cards and I'm not sure how much nudity is required to set it.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
June 21, 2019 (edited)
I believe you are correct with one exception. One of the bits encoded in a clip's file number indicates "nude at start".

As nothing in the program seems to use this bit (at least nothing obvious does) there is a worry that it may not have been consistantly applied when it should have been. But maybe the QA team have a way of seeing it.
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1023 post(s)
June 21, 2019
nude_start

There are transition clips where the model spins and goes from clothed to nude or the reverse. The "nude at start" flag selects the appropriate transition. I don't know all the details, but I suppose it also checks the hotness of the preceding clip.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
June 22, 2019 (edited)

I have just remembered that the erotic level does not always indicate at what level the clip ends - it indicates the maximum erotic level reached at any point during the clip. A brief "upskirt" can result in a "Nudity" or even "Full Nudity" rating even though the skirt remains on and down at the end of the clip. Similar remarks apply to the "topless" level. There are even a few reverse strip clips where the model starts nude and ends up at least partially dressed.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !