TGIF and the good time for a spring break game

Forum / Everything about iStripper

dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

440 post(s)
March 13, 2019
you are ***** "fair" with "expensive". Paying thousands of credits for the card may be exorbitantly expensive but that does not stop it being a fair price.

@emu what is considered 'fair' is fairly subjective, so $100 per card may seem fair to you but not to me. Try not to ***** opinions with facts as they are not the same thing. If you think $100 per card is fair then that is fine but please don't try and convince me I should think it fair just because you think it is.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
March 13, 2019 (edited)
@dar2112v - it is you that are ***** opinions with facts. ANY price that Totem offer a card at is fair, whether it be 1 credit, 100 credits or 10000000000 credits as long as we are free to choose whether to buy or not. I do not think $100 is a reasonable price, I think it is a very expensive price to pay but that has no effect on whether it is a fair price or not.
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
March 13, 2019
@goodwolf

@Interestincard

I still remember the stress to get the new cards on summer 2015 when I started here. 20% discount during a week. And after that a new card was really expensive for a new user.
LUXURY.....We had it tough. We had to sit beside our computers late on a Thursday night and into the early Friday morning, waiting for the new card to be released. It was one card per week in those days. Card release was not at the same time every week, and was discounted for a very short span of hours.
This was really a thing ? I was not new then, because I don't remember anything like one card per week. My memories getting faded, sure there was no "one card per day" like it is now, but one per week and 2015 was not long ago. Seems I am getting old and memory is not the same as it used to be...

Yes, it really was a thing. Back in the earlier years of VGHD there was only one new card released per week.

If my faltering memory serves me correctly, production of new cards for release was increased to 3 new releases per week in 2010 and then eventually to a new card released every day.
Marin0070034
Joined in Sep 2015

15 post(s)
March 13, 2019
Quick question: Who is the brunette in the pink bikini of this spring break game?
stefnev1
Joined in Jul 2008

4454 post(s)
March 13, 2019
it's Stella Cox.
dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

440 post(s)
March 14, 2019
ANY price that Totem offer a card at is fair, whether it be 1 credit, 100 credits or 10000000000 credits as long as we are free to choose whether to buy or not. I do not think $100 is a reasonable price,

Ah I see what you saying, by 'fair' you mean they have the rights legal or otherwise to charge whatever they wish. When I used the word 'fair' I meant fair as in reasonable,

So agree with you on both counts; I believe Totem has the right to charge whatever they want (fact) but $100 is unreasonable to me and I would not buy a card at that price but othes are certianly welcome to do so if they wish (opinion).
d00bies
Joined in Dec 2018

59 post(s)
March 14, 2019 (edited)
If they're targeting new members with these "promotions", they'll be pounding sand when it comes to getting my credits! The only thing at this point that I will participate in is, the credit reload bonus....
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
March 14, 2019 (edited)
@d00bies - whether or not particular promotions appeal to you personally or not is not the point.

If Totem were to target a special offer at people like me who have a full collection then it would be completely ineffective with regard to getting us, as a group, to buy more cards because we would buy them all anyway. Any special offer can only result in less income from this group so there is no reason for Totem to target us. For less extreme triple diamond members the argument is similar but not so clear cut, as for this group special offers can be expected to cause some increase in the number of cards sold, but will also will result in fewer cards being sold at their full price after normal discount. In general any normal special offer can be expected to have more positive effects on Totem's income from those with relatively small collections than on those with larger collections.
Zossima
Joined in Feb 2008

173 post(s)
March 14, 2019
@dar2112v - it is you that are ***** opinions with facts. ANY price that Totem offer a card at is fair, whether it be 1 credit, 100 credits or 10000000000 credits as long as we are free to choose whether to buy or not. I do not think $100 is a reasonable price, I think it is a very expensive price to pay but that has no effect on whether it is a fair price or not.

That is utter and total nonsense. According to your definition of fairness, usury is fair, because hey, nobody points a gun to any borrower's head. This modern-day capitalistic view of things is saddening, but it looks perfectly aligned with your policy of always defending poor Totem against its vile ***** clients, who should be content with anything that's offered to them at any price and under any circumstances.

Your facts are tainted by your personal worldview. There is such a thing as a fair price: it's a price that brings satisfaction without ***** to both parties.

A low price can be unfair (as in low cost businesses), because for example it lowers employees' wages on the company side while suppressing quality of service (and services themselves) on the client side.

A high price can be fair, because it appeals to affluent clients whose worldview gets validated in the process (I spend big money on things, it strengthens my social status), independently of whether the product/service is worth the price.

In the matter at hand, 1,000,000 credits for a card would be neither fair nor unfair, simply stupid. A thousand credits for a card would be fair only to affluent clients who don't care about money because they have plenty of it, while it would be very unfair to other people who: a- can't really afford such a high price; b- are ***** to a niche product they can't find elsewhere.

There is such a thing as an unfair price, especially when it is the result of a gambling game that at no point clarifies the odds, as ought to be done.
Zossima
Joined in Feb 2008

173 post(s)
March 14, 2019
I have to get a bigger screen then 😋
therock242
Joined in Jul 2008

11 post(s)
March 14, 2019
I have gained I think 680 credits through playing this game that I reinvested in it, with over 200 of my own credits.

I have `lost` the special card about 10 times or more.
Really in retrospect I should have just brought the last missing cards from my collection.

At the start I was winning a few extra credits, but now its zero benefit every time,

I am disgusted with myself by playing this game as I Never usually gamble.
Out of this have only won one card !

I give up now .... As it is a lost cause....

And wait for the odd flash sale instead.

peterbanker
Joined in Jan 2009

213 post(s)
March 14, 2019
@dOObies

You are walking right into Totems trap.
Totems income is obtained when members buy credits not when they spend them.
So long as credit sales increase they are not bothered about what members think about scratch card games etc.
d00bies
Joined in Dec 2018

59 post(s)
March 15, 2019 (edited)
@dOObies

You are walking right into Totems trap.
Totems income is obtained when members buy credits not when they spend them.
So long as credit sales increase they are not bothered about what members think about scratch card games etc.

Of course that's how they make their money.. I was just saying, the only way they are going to get anymore cash from me is through the reload bonus... No reload bonus, I don't buy credits... Hence, they won't get the credits I buy by me participating in any promotion other than the reload bonus.
dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

440 post(s)
March 15, 2019
If they're targeting new members with these "promotions", they'll be pounding sand when it comes to getting my credits! The only thing at this point that I will participate in is, the credit reload bonus....

@d00bies, their are plenty of good offers for those who do not wish to waste their credits.JJust ignore the gambling games and consider the exclusive cards as unobtainable and save your credits for offers that fit with how you like to collect.

Not all the special offers require you to gamble your credits away or buy cards you don't want and you'll wish you had credits when they do come around.
paul8998
Joined in Dec 2007

1 post(s)
March 23, 2019
The scratch cards turned out okay for me in that I won about 5 special event cards, BUT, I have not been able to download any special event card. I won them by playing the game, so why can I not download them?
ISTRIPPER, please fix this. Thank you.
stefnev1
Joined in Jul 2008

4454 post(s)
March 23, 2019
@paul8998
Open a ticket to the customer service to explain you problem. The team will answer you from monday to friday.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !