5 good reasons to update iStripper

Forum / Everything about iStripper

kaiju
TEAM
Joined in Sep 2014

407 post(s)
February 6, 2019
Hello Guys

The latest version of iStripper is 1.2.218 but many of you have an earlier version.

We are in the process of setting up an automatic update system (should be in place very soon) but till it's ready, we count on you to do it manually.

Here are five good reasons to update ISTRIPPER to the latest version :

1/ Have faster and more efficient technical support.
With over 15 versions with different features and user interfaces, our support team can't be as fast as they would be if every user had the same version :)

2/Avoid "technical gap"
We improve the software step by step. The differences between a N-1 and a N version may seem *****, but if you look at 4 or 5 versions back, you see how different they are! Adapting step by step is much easier and more comfortable for you.

3/ Be sure that the games and promotions are running smoothly.
It would be a shame not to be able to play the slot machine, isn't it ^_^? (or the upcoming ***** games...)

4/ Have as few bugs as possible!
For instance, the latest version fixes a bug that makes the sliding-right console crash on MAC OS & Windows 7 when the buy effect disappears. We fix 3-5 bugs per version in average.

5/ Don't miss important (or cool) features.

Now that you're craving to update, let me remind you how to proceed:

• Open the settings
  • Click on "check for updates" at the bottom of the page (below "About").
  • Then, click "yes"

Most important, DO NOT uninstall your current version.

See you on version 1.2.218 Guys!
scabbard
Joined in Dec 2008

32 post(s)
February 6, 2019
Hi Kaiju —

I've looked into upgrading a few times, but tend to stick with an older version because (a) it lets me manage previews more directly, which is helpful to use as a shopping list and to remind yourself what all the cards you're thinking of buying are like and (b) it works well enough for me to stick with it despite bugs, slowdowns the longer it runs, etc. If the newer versions didn't try to auto-manage previews for you so much (at least for members who are actually purchasing things and not just building a huge library of free previews), I'd be much more likely to keep up with the latest version.
  • Scabbard
jguy85
Joined in Nov 2015

1 post(s)
February 6, 2019
in french ? ***** !
Firescale
Joined in Feb 2011

127 post(s)
February 6, 2019
It would be nice if you informed what changes have been made in the user agreement so that one do not have to read it all when it has changed. 😐

And while I have full confidence in the company and that they act fairly, I do not like it that they can terminate my licence for any reason at all. Or, for that matter, for no reason at all. 😟

With that said, thank you for continuing to improve a already great product. 😊
Duque
Joined in Sep 2011

4 post(s)
February 6, 2019
Very good: That is progress from your part I appreciate that as a cutomer.

Duque
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
February 6, 2019
Personally, I usually update but save the update before installing so it's easier to roll back if necessary or for testing issues that others may happen upon...

(or the upcoming ***** games...)

??? Teasing bugger... 😈
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
February 6, 2019 (edited)
@Firescale
An account will only be terminated for very specific reasons, So, NOT for just 'any reason' and definitely NOT for 'no reason at all'.

Edit:
Account......license.......whatever. Same thing.

Unless you're talking about individual cards and/or girls.
IMPREGNATOR1976
Joined in Dec 2018

1 post(s)
February 6, 2019
The girls are all hot, some of them are possible girlfriend material for me, even for 1-night stands & whatever else that may lead to.
Firescale
Joined in Feb 2011

127 post(s)
@91hebasu

I am sure that the company will act fairly and when they do terminate account they do so for "very specific reasons".

I was objecting that in the terms it says " for any reason" and "for no reason at all".

I am merly saying that I do not like such terms. However, I do not expect them to change.

When I first signed up with iStripper I considered the terms and found them easy to understand compared to most other products. And fair. And I do understand that they need to change with time, and that the terms usually become more complicated as well. But I do not have to like it.
kaiju
TEAM
Joined in Sep 2014

407 post(s)
February 6, 2019
in french ? ***** !

La dernière version de istripper est la 1.2.218 mais beaucoup d'entre vous possèdent des version antérieures.

Nous sommes en train de mettre en place un processus de mise à jour automatique mais en attendant, nous comptons sur vous pour le faire manuellement.

Voici donc 5 bonnes raisons de tenir à jour iStripper :

1/ Pour un support client plus rapide et efficace
Avec plus de 15 versions avec des fonctionnalités et des interfaces différentes, notre service client ne peut pas être aussi rapide qu'il le serait avec 1 seule et unique version.

2/ Eviter les "lacunes techniques"
Nous améliorons le logiciel étape par étape. Les différences entre une version N-1 et N peuvent sembler mineur mais si vous regarder 4 ou 5 versions antérieures; vous verrez de grosses différences. Il est beaucoup plus facile et confortable s'adapter petit à petit.

3/ Être sûr que les jeux et promotions tournent de façon fluide.
Ce serait vraiment dommage de pas pouvoir profiter de la machine à sous ou des derniers jeux à venir ^_^

4/ Avoir le moins de bugs possible.
Par exemple la dernière version fixe un bug qui faisait crasher la console d'achat qui apparait sur le côté droit. En moyenne, nous fixons entre 3 et 5 bugs à chaque mise à jour.

5/ Ne pas manque de fonctionnalités importantes

Maintenant que vous souhaitez ardemment mettre iStripper à jour, laissez moi vous rappeler comment procéder :
  • Ouvrez les paramètres (la roue crantée en haut à droite)
  • Cliquez sur "Vérifier les mises à jour"
  • Cliquez sur "Oui"

Attention, surtout ne désinstallez pas vore version avant de mettre!

A très vite sur la version 1.2.218 :)
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
I was trying to edit my post but had to answer the door.

@Firescale. I apologise if a recent post of mine elsewhere gave you cause for concern. You would have to do something REALLY bad to have your account terminated, such as attempting to pirate the software or content.

A serious infraction in the forum might be a racial or sexist slur against another member or model or whomever and that might earn you a permanent ban from the forum.

Just play nice and there's nothing to worry about 😊
Firescale
Joined in Feb 2011

127 post(s)
February 6, 2019
@HombreSinSombra

No, no post of yours gave me concern. 😊

And I am not worried. And I do try to play nice. 😊

My post was prompted because I updated the program and noticed that the terms were updated so I decided to read some of it. And I didn't like the wording of some of it. So I stated my objection to it.

Anyway. Thank you for your concern, HombreSinSombra. 😊
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
February 6, 2019
I don't plan to update from my ancient 1.2.132 version of the software - EVER -
It does what it is supposed to do, and that is to play clips of downloaded iStripper models. It does that very well in both desktop small mode and desktop fullsize mode, and that is ALL that it has to do.
kaiju
TEAM
Joined in Sep 2014

407 post(s)
February 6, 2019
The girls are all hot, some of them are possible girlfriend material for me, even for 1-night stands & whatever else that may lead to.

Glad you like them!
SatansFarmor
Joined in May 2011

29 post(s)
February 6, 2019
well I always saves the old version install, too many times the new better version isent better and still like 5 years later we still dont have transparant models....a very much missed feature that was in previous versions
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 post(s)
February 6, 2019

The next point. Is the writer of this quoted post possible material for a 1-night stand?
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
February 6, 2019
Hmmm. Not for me, obviously as I can't be impregnated. Well not with humans anyway...
DrDoom9
Joined in Dec 2008

222 post(s)
February 6, 2019
I usually upgrade as soon as I am aware of a new version.
However, discovering the existence of a new version is dependent of my going to the bottom of the settings page and 'asking'. I am not in the habit of visiting the settings page as a matter of course.

Then, when I have upgraded - or even before I chose to do so - I would really like to know what the new or improved features are. Bug fixes too, though that isn't necessarily as important to me unless I am experiencing a bug, which I rarely do.

I have searched the forum after an upgrade to discover what might have changed, but usually (not always) fail to find a relevant post from the team. Am I looking in the wrong place? Or is the search keyword 'version' not good enough?

So, just as the Totem Team would like us all to keep our version up to date, I would much appreciate it if the team graced us with a regular post of exactly what the upgrade is bringing to us.
JranZu
Joined in Oct 2007

2 post(s)
February 6, 2019
I would be much more motivated to update if you would post something (on the news screen) when a new update comes out with a list of the improvements. Honestly I have no interest in taking my time to update if there isn't a new feature that I want. When you can auto-update during off hours that will be great.
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
February 6, 2019
The software could only update while it's running/connected online.

Then, when I have upgraded - or even before I chose to do so - I would really like to know what the new or improved features are. Bug fixes too, though that isn't necessarily as important to me unless I am experiencing a bug, which I rarely do.

I guess the onus is usually on the member to check the forum for these updates. Unless it's an official release version, these new beta versions are usually posted in Bugs & Fixes.

I'm guessing Totem are planning to show us when these new updates become compulsory, as suggested, probably in the News section. That's what I would do...

Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1024 post(s)
February 6, 2019
Terms of service most everywhere are written by the most paranoid of lawyers to protect their clients from the least likely risks.
peterbanker
Joined in Jan 2009

212 post(s)
February 6, 2019
Sorry kaiju

But of those five reasons

I would not miss the slot machine or new bugs which you are not aware of when releasing a new version.
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
February 6, 2019
When they open a Beta thread, I'm pretty sure they do tell us what was fixed/improved/added. When the Beta becomes the current version, the Beta changes apply just the same. Do they not ?
JranZu
Joined in Oct 2007

2 post(s)
February 6, 2019
But you have to go into the forums and look for them. They don't even pin them to the top. Too much work. If they want people to update they need to publish release notes and put it on the news page. EVERY other piece of software I have tells me what I am getting new when I update... Without me having to go search for it.
dolphins109
Joined in Feb 2011

788 post(s)
i'm already off and running i updated long time ago. no worrys here. 👍👍👍
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
I won't we happy if the future automatic update function will be mandatory and not de-activable in options.
MusicMan0070
Joined in Dec 2016

11 post(s)
February 7, 2019
I tried to update twice, the window pops up saying close IStripper to proceed... when I do the same window pops up and program stops workingI have to re boot and it asks me to update again... same result... please let me know when you fix this & I'll upgrade for sure... keep up the great work IS team!
wuxjnozy
Joined in Dec 2007

37 post(s)
February 7, 2019 (edited)
@MusicMan0070

Have you tried to download the update file from the website?
wuxjnozy
Joined in Dec 2007

37 post(s)
February 7, 2019 (edited)
I Always check for updates at least once a week. Over time the issues for me have been fewer and further in between. I like the idea of auto update, then I don't have to look for it anymore. Yes. We do lose some features and gain others in their place. All in all a happy customer.
pumpdude48
Joined in May 2016

390 post(s)
February 7, 2019
@MusicMan0070

If "close iStripper" comes up, and you can't do it from the taskbar, do the CNTRL-ALT-DELETE function and turn it off in the "task manager". Be sure you shut down "iStripper" and not "iStripper Installer" and it should work fine from there. I had that happen to me this morning on my laptop and had to do the C-A-D thing to shut it down.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !