Firescale
Joined in Feb 2011

127 post(s)
December 16, 2018
I've seen plenty of posts that request more diversity with the models, and cards. Both in outfit and in the models. But now that we got a little bit of diversity the reaction seems overly negative. I ***** that this negativity will streamline the product even more.

All the models here are lovely women, and they all look wonderful. In my humble opinion, that is. Although not every one of them looks exactly like the perfect woman of my dreams, they all have a certain charm.

So, for the sake of diversity, could we all, please, be a little nicer when a card isn't exactly to our liking. Who knows, maybe next time the model of our dreams might be rejected because a card a bit different got such a negative response.

I want more diversity in models, clothes, and shoes. And for it to be cards that I like more, there will be cards that I like less.
CyberDragonEX13
Joined in Jun 2008

29 post(s)
December 16, 2018
The thing about diversity is it needs to be balanced, not *****. I've seen people bang on about how they want this or that only to not support said changes whne they come. I like my models to have personality or charm ( a sutble smile such as Viva / Avery or some spunky energy like ***** O Fee or Ginebra Bellucci).

I like a bit of veriety myself. I'm also a person to have a favored model that I like to collect cards of from time to time (Mandy Dee for example is among my favorites alons with Sofia Ander). Recent models I like are Boni,Avery,Viva, Chloe Lamoure alongside others.

tl;dr: Give the people time to get over themselves and try not to let it get you down.
lukaszr
Joined in Dec 2007

719 post(s)
December 16, 2018
I am also surprised with this situation. First, people want diversity, then after a long wait they get one sweet chocolate and one rounded girl, both with enormous charm. And then THIS is happening - lowering overall ratings!

I understand that users demanding diversity and those who lower the rating of these girls may not be the same people, but for God's sake, if it goes on, Totem will never risk and hire a dark-skinned or busty girl. Bye bye diversity.

Perhaps, then, Totem should change its policy and not include the following models in future advent calendars:
  • dark-skinned,
  • with larger sizes,
  • with large, unnatural breasts.

Maybe they should only include white and natural models in advent calendars, while leaving the diversity for November or January, when the advent calendar will be unavailable, and users will not be ***** to buy cards that they don't want to watch?
GreyWolfNH
Joined in Jul 2011

40 post(s)
December 16, 2018
There are two types of women, those who work hard to bring out their own beauty, and those who write a check and show up with breast implant and liposuction scars.

I prefer the former. This does not make me a "*****".

As far as skin color goes, I don't care.
orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

740 post(s)
December 16, 2018
I am also surprised with this situation. First, people want diversity, then after a long wait they get one sweet chocolate and one rounded girl, both with enormous charm. And then THIS is happening - lowering overall ratings!

I understand that users demanding diversity and those who lower the rating of these girls may not be the same people, but for God's sake, if it goes on, Totem will never risk and hire a dark-skinned or busty girl. Bye bye diversity.

Perhaps, then, Totem should change its policy and not include the following models in future advent calendars:
dark-skinned, with larger sizes, with large, unnatural breasts.
Maybe they should only include white and natural models in advent calendars, while leaving the diversity for November or January, when the advent calendar will be unavailable, and users will not be ***** to buy cards that they don't want to watch?

This is also a tough time of year for totem to get talent into the studio. It was a similar situation last advent calendar. It just seems that girls are not as active during the holiday season from November to February. I do believe that the advent calendar may be addressing some sales issues this time of year. Totem won't have less production costs but they might have to bring in girls who are not as popular to keep up the schedule. The advent calendar no doubt increases sales during this down time. Just my hypothesis based on the fact that totem seems to give discounts through the wazoo but not on the calendar...which I find odd. They just give a free card, which is effectively like a 4% discount.
Prime579
Joined in Jul 2017

35 post(s)
December 16, 2018
My guess is that the people who aren't really for diversity are the ones picking the girls of other ethnicities and we are left with women that no one really wants.

The tastes of people who do like diversity should be the ones choosing because they are the ones who you know will buy the product. Not someone who will pick girls that neither side will shell out money for.

Resolution: Hire people with tastes different from your own!
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 post(s)
December 16, 2018 (edited)
I am not surprised at all. BUT now there is not a normal situation on Istripper... the Advent calendar is on! All ***** are there. It happened one year ago, too.
Normally a user sees a preview he doesn't like, and simply doesn't buy the card.
But now, calendar subscribers paid in advance. So, when they see a model they don't like, they rate her 0 stars. And ***** about her.
In my opinion, ratings should be opened only when the card gets released to everyone.

By the way, this situation is another reason for me to be unhappy about the calendar promo and the exclusive cards...
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
@HansSachs - but why did they buy the Advent Calendar early when all they needed to do was wait, treat the month as a normal one buying cards as usual, and finaly chose whether to go for the advent calenadr option on the last day.

I am begining to think that the only way this problem could be overcome would be if when the calendar was purchased that Totem put up a message along the following lines

WARNING: You are about to commit to purchasing 24 cards some of which you may not normally have chosen to purchase. You can delay making this decision until the 24th of December without incurring any extra cost. Do you wish to continue [Yes] or [No].

But all that would do is repeat information that they already had been given so it probably would not stop the complaints.
boan000
Joined in Apr 2008

270 post(s)
December 16, 2018
WARNING: You are about to commit to purchasing 24 cards some of which you may not normally have chosen to purchase.

There's no need to insult everybody's intelligence just because some people act like they have no brains. There's already too many of these types of ***** on product packaging due to frivolous lawsuits, so let's try to keep it out of our entertainment, heh?
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
@boan000 - well I did not expectthat wording to be taken as a serious suggestion - as my final sentence saying that I doubted that even that would work should have hinted. But perhaps something that more gently reminded people that they could delay might at least lessen the number of complaints (and give us something very specific to refer back to when responding to those complaints)
boan000
Joined in Apr 2008

270 post(s)
December 16, 2018
The reminder that people have until the 24th to decide is all the reminder anybody should need, @The Emu. No?
boan000
Joined in Apr 2008

270 post(s)
December 16, 2018
And why are you making suggestions that you do not want people to take seriously?
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
December 16, 2018
@boan000 - yes, that is all that should be necessary - but I seriously doubt that by itself it would much effect.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
And why are you making suggestions that you do not want people to take seriously?

As a form of humour through exageration to punch home a serious point. Perhaps the most famous, and most extreme example being Daniel Defoe's "A Modest Proposal" regarding the irish. Also please note that I did not actually suggest that it should be done.
boan000
Joined in Apr 2008

270 post(s)
December 16, 2018
Prefacing your suggestion with the words,
I am begining to think that the only way this problem could be overcome would be if when the calendar was purchased that Totem put up a message along the following lines
sure makes it sound like a serious suggestion. Sorry, no offense, but if it was an attempt at humor, it was a flop, amigo, and the cynicism is too well veiled.
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 post(s)
December 16, 2018
People are buying the calendar because they want that exclusive card. Most are going to want all the cards in it to naturally fit their tastes, but in the end they don't want to be permanetly locked out of a card.

Sadly this will also bring out the ***** to the cards they don't enjoy because in the end they still purchased it. Personally I don't go and rate models on here like I would rate a movie, it just seems kind of wrong to rate people like that even if I do have my preferences myself. Others will prolly see someone that they already bought they will prolly rate it, and those who dont normally rate may do it out of spite.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
December 16, 2018
@CwHart - BUT they can do all that and get the exclusive card by making a single decision on the 24th of December when they will already know what all the cards are, there never was a reason to buy early unless you want to get the cards a day early and have a daily "surprise".
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 post(s)
You asked me why they do it, I gave you a reason why. Sorry if that explanations not good enough but thats how it is.

I know people and I knew they would react this way. Hell I reacted this way but I am not gonna be up in arms over one or two cards that I prolly do not like, I just hope Totem doesn't make too much of a habit of having 'exclusive' cards to drive up sales because dimishing returns is gonna come crashing down on them if they make this more than a once a year thing and it's starting to show with this knee jerk reaction to people downvoting and ***** on cards they otherwise prolly would not buy
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
December 16, 2018
@CwHart - I did not ask you, or anyone else, why they do it. I have simply pointed out that they did not need to do it.
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 post(s)
December 16, 2018
@HansSachs - but why did they buy the Advent Calendar early when all they needed to do was wait, treat the month as a normal one buying cards as usual, and finaly chose whether to go for the advent calenadr option on the last day..

Even if it was rhetorical you, yes you did. I answered. Sorry if the truth *****
boone209
Joined in May 2009

40 post(s)
People should numerically rate the cards they know enough about to give an opinion. For those who aren't all that ***** up on distribution of eroticism levels of clips and actual dance/acting performance, rating before actually buying may be viable. For those who need to see how a lady moves to fully assess a card's value, so be it. We all like different things, and we all weight what we like differently.

People can in general stand to be more tactful in their comments on the internet, and this site is certainly not immune to incivility (though I am pleasantly surprised that it's not considerably worse). Star ratings should reflect consumers' feelings about the happiness of their purchase and likelihood of purchasing a similar card from that same or a similar model. Totem needs that feedback to run their business and guide casing decisions. Shows that get universally panned should probably not be reproduced, while shows that may not be widely loved but have a niche following may be worthwhile to produce on a less frequent basis.

I think it would be a great idea, now that I'm thinking about it, for Totem to add a section to our profiles (which may or may not be viewable beyond the totem casting team) to indicate which tags/categories make us more or less likely to buy a card, sorted by things like height, age, ethnicity, outfit, body type, makeup, hair, etc. WIth a section to list top 10/20/etc. and bottom 10/20/etc. models to better give them an idea of what works (and doesn't) for each user. They could then use that data to cater to its user base and even spot safer/riskier areas of growth. This would greatly expand on the "favorite model" field to provide much more marketing/casting guidance.

As far as how this might apply to the population of the Advent Calendar card selection, If I were Totem, I'd stick to more universally loved models as suggested above and seriously consider holding some shows from earlier in the year to be released with a winter/holiday themed outfit if such can really be pulled off well by that model.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !