Recommendations on PC setup?

Forum / Everything about iStripper

Dfner
Joined in Feb 2018

604 post(s)
September 7, 2018 (edited)
I am in the process of updating my PC and displays and would like to receive any feedback regarding the iStripper use before I do so... I'm no expert in any of this, so any knowledgeable comments are warmly welcomed!

SO: I am keen to have a system with two 4K displays, so that I can use my PC with whatever I'm using it on one screen, while having a 3K cards running in full scale on the other screen.

I don't use my PC in gaming, unless you count solitaire for that :), so no high demands in that regard. All I want is to be able to run normal office programs (excel, access, word) and Paintshop Pro for photo editing, on one monitor, as before, while having iStripper working on the other monitor, all in 4K resolution, without lags.

I was thinking about purchasing table PC of "Acer Nitro 50" with Intel Core i5-8400 Six Core 2.8 GHz, with 16 Gt (2 x 8 Gt) DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 Gt for Display. Display adapter is advertised as "DVI, HDMI, 3xDP." so I guess there are 3 display ports, which should mean spots for 3 4K displays...? Do you think those specs are enough for fluent use of 2 x 4K monitors? There are some other, more "high end" options I might opt for, but the minimum set for the above requirements would be enough.

My idea about 4K displays was 2x Samsung U32J590, which according to reviews seems to be quite good for the price.

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Evosparki
Joined in Aug 2018

27 post(s)
September 7, 2018 (edited)
No advice here as I think you've chose a good setup.
DP is the best connection.
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 post(s)
September 8, 2018
the samsung is a hdr display(1 billion colours), the girls can look a bit odd in hdr sometimes(at least on my xe93 they can), mainly because microsoft are bellends. You should be able to use them in rgb8 though. The samsungs have freesync which only amd supports so far(because nvidia have their own expensive gsync). I don't really think you will need freesync though as its more for gaming than desktop apps.

Rest of your system will be fine for your useage.

However, this is cheaper and faster... dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/…
cdub87
Joined in Apr 2008

395 post(s)
September 21, 2018
Dont meant to thread jack but how does Windows handle Freesync for everyday usage? Does it see any kind of boost or is freesync strictly to gaming?
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 post(s)
September 22, 2018
It's unlikly that your desktop would drop below the max refresh rate of your monitor so it wouldn't make any differance.

Freesync just gets rid of screen tearing when games run below the refresh rate of the monitor and normal vsync is off. If the game is running at say 47fps so is the monitors refresh rate, which it adjusts on the fly as each new full frame is recieved.
zenwolfy2k
Joined in Dec 2007

12 post(s)
September 24, 2018
I run a GTX 1060 and 3 displays in native mode @5800x1080. I have zero problems with 10 models dancing across the three displays at a time. You can actually run 4 displays at a time with the 1060...my 4th is a VR headset.

The 1060's Maximum Digital Resolution of 7680x4320@60Hz should work great for two 4k displays.
Dfner
Joined in Feb 2018

604 post(s)
September 24, 2018
@Z22 @zenwolfy2k Thanks for your feedback! I'm still in the middle of organising my little "office" at home for future use, so haven't upgraded anything yet. But the day is getting closer... (I'm almost hoping my laptop / monitor to die already, so I could convince myself to expedite things... :) ) Great to know that a super high-end equipment is not required to the usage I described.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !