and then rename one of the others to data\scenes

Then restart iStripper

you can make as many of these folders as needed, and then swap between them
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2432 post(s)
August 6, 2023 (edited)
What about separate /Shader folders
@WA Does RandomShaders.exe need to talk to the Windows Registry at all ?
ie: does it need to be installed or can it be just copied to each of the Shader Folders
and used ubiquitously as required ? Will the settings for path etc. (if they are saved
individually ) be preserved in each case ?
Calgon
Joined in May 2022

299 post(s)
August 6, 2023
@Everthang Forever

having to selectively re-activate all their favorite scenes again after use

I though the software remembered the state of each scene even of you move it out and back. What I tend to do is.... move a folder that has all the scenes I want active all the time to a subfolder...then select all of the remaining scenes and deactivate all of them ... then move my folder back into the scene folder.
Calgon
Joined in May 2022

299 post(s)
August 6, 2023
@WA

I want to start the scene, and just have it cycle through the shaders automatically

Does it restart the scene i.e a new model at each change of shader ?
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2432 post(s)
August 6, 2023 (edited)
@Calgon - 'I thought the software remembered the state of each scene even of you move it out and back.'
Oh, i didn't know that iStripper maybe keeps activation status when you move stuff around. I must try that 👍
Does it restart the scene i.e a new model at each change of shader ?
It does on mine, however depending on the 'Time in Seconds' setting many models can occupy one scene.
  • Keyboard right key changes the model in the running scene.
  • Down key will change the model & scene after around 15 seconds of play regardless of yr settings
  • Time in Seconds is usually a tad less than what you set . My 30 seconds works out at around 23 seconds.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3785 post(s)
August 6, 2023 (edited)
@Calgon

in it's Startup Mode.
it changes the Random.fsh Shader every 15 seconds.
This doesn't cause the current Scene being viewed to change in any way.

you would have to use the Mouse ( right click) or Keyboard (down arrow) to Change to the Next Qued Scene,
or Wait for the Scene to reach it's time out setting set by the slider on the setting page of iStripper.

The Slider can be set to a minimum of 5 minutes = 300000 milliseconds
1000 x 60 x 5 = 300000

Buy you can Quit iStripper and make a registry edit so that the Scene will change faster than that.
don't move the slider after your edit.
Branch:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Totem\vghd\parameters
Key:
MinimumSceneDuration
Number of Milliseconds to wait before changing the Scene after a clip ends.

If the Time out is reached, while the current clip is playing, the scene is changed with the next clip.

Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3785 post(s)
August 6, 2023 (edited)
@EverthangForever
Oh, i didn't know that iStripper maybe keeps activation status when you move stuff around. I must try that 👍

There is a registry setting that keeps track of Every Scene the app has ever loaded on the Scenes tab.
Unless you edit this registry, it keeps a History of the Scenes, even after you remove them from the Scenes folder.

Branch:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Totem\vghd\Scenes
Each Key:
is the name of a Scene that has been loaded on the Scenes tab.
The Value is True or False based on if the Scene is checked Active or Not checked Active.

If you add the Scene back, while iStripper is NOT running
it will use the False or True setting of the this registry branch
when you next start iStripper.

BUT:
If you add the scene back, while iStripper is RUNNING
then the scene is Marked Active as a New Scene.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3785 post(s)
August 6, 2023 (edited)
@EverthangForever
What about separate /Shader folders@WA Does RandomShaders.exe need to talk to the Windows Registry at all ?ie: does it need to be installed or can it be just copied to each of the Shader Foldersand used ubiquitously as required ? Will the settings for path etc. (if they are saved individually ) be preserved in each case ?

It Can be Copied to each of the Scene folders.
The default Paths are set to the Current Folder where the App is started from.
The Saved Custom PATH is Common to All copies.
so if you Load a custom Path, it is the same custom path for all copies.

( I can serialize these saved paths, so each copy uses it's own set of save and load)
Calgon
Joined in May 2022

299 post(s)
August 6, 2023
@EverthangForever @WA

It does on mine (change the model)

That's what I was trying to avoid when I built the "Journey" scene. The upside of my method being you get a continuous show with backgrounds changing while the show continues. The downside being you can only use as many backgrounds as your system can cope with. @WA's method is potentially unlimited.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3785 post(s)
August 7, 2023
The Right Mouse Button vs the Down arrow key.
While both seem to do the same thing, they are very different.

The Down arrow ***** the scene to change / restart.
While the Rignt mouse does not cause a restart.

The RIght Mouse Click is only functional if there is more than ONE scene in the Scene Que.
If Only ONE scene is in the QUE, the right mouse click does not function.
Calgon
Joined in May 2022

299 post(s)
August 7, 2023
@WA

I'm ***** by:

While the Rignt mouse does not cause a restart.

If I have a lot of active scenes and I click the right mouse button it changes the scene and the model swith it - surely that is a "restart"
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3785 post(s)
August 7, 2023 (edited)
If I have a lot of active scenes and I click the right mouse button it changes the scene and the model swith it - surely that is a "restart"

No, that is a Change of Scene to the NEXT scene in the scene que.

If you only have one scene active, or you click the Start button on a single scene
The right Mouse Button will not restart that scene
but the Down Arrow will.

So if you want to use the Right Mouse Button to cycle through the same scene
you need to make a duplicate scene, and then Multi-Play both of the duplicate Scenes.

Then you can use the Right Mouse Button to Change between Two Duplicate scenes.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3785 post(s)
August 7, 2023 (edited)
To Manually Play a small Selection of Scenes
you can Group Select the Scenes
Then use the Single Play buton to PLAY just this group of Scenes.

The Multi-Play button will always play ALL of the Enabled Scenes without regards for any selection made.

The Single Play button will play a single scene or a Group Selection of Scenes.

You can Window Select a connected group, or use the CTRL key to select non-connected scenes.
once your Group selection is made
click the Single Play button to play this group.

The Right Mouse button will work to cycle through any Group of TWO or more Scenes.

Demo Video: Scene Groups and the Right Mouse button:
https://virtuastripper.net/video/Scene-groups-and-right-mouse-button.mp4
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2432 post(s)
August 8, 2023 (edited)
I can serialize these saved paths, so each copy uses it's own set of save and load
yes tks boss, please. In my case I would then try to be saving the .exe file in each dormant spare shader folder along with those (needing work) shaders . Making it a complete package for swapping in and out of my working ..ET Scenes/Shaders folder 👍 along with its 'tailored' work settings..hope that makes sense.
I am counting on providing rafts of randomshaderx0.scns in ET Scenes/ for mixing some 'parent' shaders this way with others (experimental stuff no doubt ;)
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
August 8, 2023
In my case I would then try to be saving the .exe file in each dormant spare shader folder

Try putting a Windows Shortcut in each of those folders rather than the .exe itself. That way you only have one place to update if there is a new version of the program.
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2432 post(s)
August 8, 2023
@TheEmu A good plan..Will do 👍
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2432 post(s)
August 8, 2023 (edited)
Endless Shaders02
Here is a rough kick-start with the Endless Shaders on Shaders concept..
jorge2017a2's tunnel xMod01.fsh (floor/roof) needs some work as a parent shader
perhaps, to make it tile a touch more centered like @TheEmu 's Tunnel A.fsh
  • Instuctions to configure this have been updated in the info/EndlessShaders0304.txt
  • Time in Seconds setting for RandomShaders.exe is probably best left at default 15.0 Seconds

https://scenes.virtuastripper.net/EndlessShaders02.zip

zip size = 388 Kb
Extract the zip straight to ../scenes folder. Allow merged folders
and allow to overwrite any existing same name file.
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2432 post(s)
August 9, 2023 (edited)
The above EndlessShaders02.zip has been updated a tad.
However, still trying to recode the jorge shader for some better floor symmetry..
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2432 post(s)
August 16, 2023 (edited)
Endless Shaders03
Another update to the Endless Shaders on Shaders concept..in close up.
Three more shaders were added for active use with @WA 's RandomShaders.exe.
(C)RandomShader05, 06, & 07. One Pole, one Sitting & one either way..

https://scenes.virtuastripper.net/EndlessShaders03.zip

zip size = 7.77 Mb
Extract the zip straight to ../scenes folder. Allow merged folders
and allow to overwrite any existing same name file.
Remixed to Eagles & the most delightful Sandra Lyd
ComteDracula
Joined in Aug 2017

1230 post(s)
September 8, 2023
Thank you @EverthangForever. I was afraid you had stopped creating scenes, given the long delay after the last issue. I'm glad you're continuing your excellent work. 😊

There are only two scenes that are problematic for me. The first is the FGA185, which has small jerks in the girl. My graphics card is running at 100% and FPS are around 20 fps.

The second, which is more disturbing in my opinion, is the FGA186C scene, which causes the girl to protrude beyond the screen frame, as well as the pinkish base. As a result, you often can't see the girl's head, or certain parts of her body, being zoomed in.

Merci @EverthangForever. Je craignais que vous aviez cesser de créer des scènes, vu le long délai après la derniere parrution. Je suis content que vous continuez votre excellent travail. 😊

Il n'y a que deux scènes qui sont problématiques pour moi. La première mais c'est limite est la FGA185, qui a de petite saccades au niveau de la fille . Ma carte graphique est à 100% de fonctionnement et les FPS sont autour de 20 fps.

La seconde qui est plus dérangeante à mon avis est la scène FGA186C, qui fait que la fille dépasse le cadre de l'écran, ainsi que la base rosée. Ainsi il arrive souvent qu'on ne voit pas la tête de la fille, Ou certaines parties de son corps, étant zoomée.
Philours
Joined in Feb 2019

1564 post(s)
September 8, 2023

La seconde qui est plus dérangeante à mon avis est la scène FGA186C, qui fait que la fille dépasse le cadre de l’écran, ainsi que la base rosée. Ainsi il arrive souvent qu’on ne voit pas la tête de la fille, Ou certaines parties de son corps, étant zoomée.

Désolé que cela vous perturbe @ComteDracula, mais comme indiqué dans le post d'annonce de @EverthangForever, il s'agit d'une scène réservée aux gros plans. Personnellement, je l'apprécie telle qu'elle est et espère qu'elle sera conservée. Vous pouvez utiliser la scène FGA186 qui n'a pas ce zoom 😉

Merci pour le travail effectué @EverthangForever 👍

The second one that is more disturbing in my opinion is the scene FGA186C, which makes the girl go beyond the frame of the screen, as well as the pink base. So it often happens that we don't see the girl's head, or certain parts of her body, being zoomed in.

Sorry if this bothers you @CountDracula, but as stated in @EverthangForever's announcement post, this is a close-up scene only. Personally, I appreciate it as it is and hope that it will be preserved. You can use the FGA186 scene which does not have this zoom 😉

Thank you for the work done @EverthangForever 👍
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2432 post(s)
September 8, 2023
@ComteDracula et @Philours salutations messieurs.
J'étais loin en vacances, donc il n'y a pas eu de nouveau
conversions de shader publiées récemment. Aie 😉
@Philours est exact. La scène FGA186c a été réalisée en supplément pour la table
seulement des fans d'Eve Sweet - afin de mieux profiter de son travail en gros plan.

@ComteDracula & @Philours greetings gentlemen.
I was far away on vacation, hence there have been no new
shader conversions posted recently. Ouch 😉
@Philours is correct. The FGA186c scene was made as an extra for table
only fans of Eve Sweet - in order to better enjoy her close up work.
ComteDracula
Joined in Aug 2017

1230 post(s)
September 8, 2023
@ComteDracula et @Philours salutations messieurs.
J'étais loin en vacances, donc il n'y a pas eu de nouveau
conversions de shader publiées récemment. Aie 😉
@Philours est exact. La scène FGA186c a été réalisée en supplément pour la table
seulement des fans d'Eve Sweet - afin de mieux profiter de son travail en gros plan.

@ComteDracula & @Philours greetings gentlemen.
I was far away on vacation, hence there have been no new
shader conversions posted recently. Ouch 😉
@Philours is correct. The FGA186c scene was made as an extra for table
only fans of Eve Sweet - in order to better enjoy her close up work.

Thanks for the clarification. 😊

Merci pour les clarifications. 😊
Calgon
Joined in May 2022

299 post(s)
September 9, 2023
@ComteDracula

small jerks

Have you tested this with a 64bit version of the program or are you still on 32bit ?
Calgon
Joined in May 2022

299 post(s)
September 9, 2023
@EverthangForever

Thanks for those conversions. FGA185 runs fine for me at 58 fps. I noticed you've converted the noise input on this one. I've been unable to get many shaders that use Shadertoy noise to work correctly, was there some secret sauce to how you converted this one ?
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2432 post(s)
September 9, 2023 (edited)
@Calgon - no magic potion I'm afraid..just good old trial & error (again)
FGA185's shader code seems very specific to its original shadertoy
noise substrate. Even then it gets artifacts appearing throughout.
I had to use #define INTERPOLATION_FIX, Set a new static iMouse config
& even tried to run the TekF shader backwards & slower in attempts to diminish these.

Edit: change textureLod to texture2D in lines 117 and 122 of the
TekF/MesasMod03.fsh
ComteDracula
Joined in Aug 2017

1230 post(s)
Have you tested this with a 64bit version of the program or are you still on 32bit ?

I'm in 32 bit (1.2.360). No new version for me. I don't want to be a tester and have to go back to an earlier version. I'm afraid of screwing up everything that works well for me, with the problems reported by other users.

Is it normal for the FGA185 to have various stray spots, like in old movies, and a sort of diagonal rain?

Je suis en 32 bit (1.2.360). Pas de nouvelle version pour moi. Je ne veux pas servir de testeur et devoir revenir à une version antérieure. J'ai peur de tout bousiller, ce qui fonctionne bien pour moi, avec les problèmes rapportés par les autres utilisateurs.

Est ce normal sur la FGA185 les différentes apparitions de taches parasites, comme dans les vieux films, et une sorte de pluie en diagonale ?
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2432 post(s)
September 9, 2023
Is it normal for the FGA185 to have various stray spots, like in old movies, and a sort of diagonal rain?

Yes unfortunately I can't get rid of the spots like an old movie however
I don't mind them
The 'diagonal rain' was an error in two places in the code. I can update that
in the next series.

Oui malheureusement je ne peux pas me débarrasser des artefacts comme un vieux film cependant
Cela ne me dérange eux pas
La « pluie diagonale » était une erreur à deux endroits dans le code. Je peux mettre à jour cela
dans la prochaine série.
ComteDracula
Joined in Aug 2017

1230 post(s)
It's not grâve @EverthangForever, it was just to know. It gives it an old movie feel. Plus, it's original rain in the desert. 😊

Ce n'est pas grâve @EverthangForever, c'était juste pour savoir. Cela donne un style vieux film. Et puis, c'est original de la pluie dans le désert. 😊

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !